Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By mhmartel
  • 1 Post By Poirot
  • 3 Post By Chantel

Thread: soap expiry?

Banned
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Does soap expire? I hear people buying discounted gift sets but I often wonder if they will expire by next christmas if I were to save it for next christmas? Too long?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kris32 View Post
    Does soap expire? I hear people buying discounted gift sets but I often wonder if they will expire by next christmas if I were to save it for next christmas? Too long?
    I think soap will be fine for next year.

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

The only thing you really have to worry about with soaps, lotions, etc. is the fragrance. Over a long period of time, the oils and other compounds used to scent these products can start to break down -- worst case scenario, it starts to smell a little 'medicinal', more often it just starts to fade (less strong). But this is if the product is *several* years old. If we are only talking a year -- and if the product hasn't already been on the shelf for a couple of years before it went on discount -- then you should be fine.
    One thing you can do to protect it in the meantime is to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, and store it out of direct sunlight somewhere that doesn't experience too many fluctuations in temperature/humidity (so in other words, do NOT store it in the bathroom - in the back of your bedroom closet would be better ).
    I sometimes stockpile my favorite bath and toiletry items when I find a good sale. Stockpiling gifts for future birthdays/christmas gifts sounds like a great way to save money. Great idea!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Have not stockpiled things for more than one year. Does expire date sated on the outer packing?
    Everybody love computer, hookbag computer parts

Banned
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Tried looking for one,couldn't find an expěry date that's why was hesitant to buy it. I guess I could use it on myself but it's all pretty n packaged,lol. Might just try to save it until next year then. Thank you.
    But it is at shoppers which also makes me hesitant, who knows how long it's been sitting around as my shoppers is famous for discounting expired or almost expired product! It's one of those 'I love...' sets with body wash ,puff and lotion on for 6.50 and usually one seems to cost a bit more. Maybe might be a good mothers day gift to I guess! Don't usually stockpile here either really,unless I know it's something we'll really really use and never for a whole year. But I spent way too much for christmas and wanna try shopping through year instead!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kris32 View Post
    Tried looking for one,couldn't find an expěry date that's why was hesitant to buy it. I guess I could use it on myself but it's all pretty n packaged,lol. Might just try to save it until next year then. Thank you.
    But it is at shoppers which also makes me hesitant, who knows how long it's been sitting around as my shoppers is famous for discounting expired or almost expired product! It's one of those 'I love...' sets with body wash ,puff and lotion on for 6.50 and usually one seems to cost a bit more. Maybe might be a good mothers day gift to I guess! Don't usually stockpile here either really,unless I know it's something we'll really really use and never for a whole year. But I spent way too much for christmas and wanna try shopping through year instead!
    Thats a great idea giving it as a mother's day present.You'll definitely save lots of money shopping through out the year.
    Anna Michele likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I still have shampoos and soaps and stuff from a decade ago and they're still fine! Stock up!

Thread Information