Anyone else have experience with these? I ordered the Berkey Light with 2 Black Berkey filters, and it worked great for a while, then the water tasted like chemicals all of sudden! I took it apart and re-primed the filters, and they were leaking everywhere around the base. I ordered from a Canadian site, and got replacement filters through warranty with free shipping from USA. It turned out that there was a batch of filters that were known to be defective, and sure enough my filters were stamped with dates from that defective period. I felt ripped off that someone sent me defective filters in the first place, but the company did stand by their product and sent me new ones free of charge, I just had to send them pics of the defective ones.

The new filters seem to be working great, they recommend doing a food colouring test to make sure the filters are working properly, I was almost surprised that it worked! It's supposed to filter out pathogens and stuff, so you could put river water in it if you were so inclined, but not salt water cause it says that will clog the filters too fast. I only put tap water in it of course, but it seems like a pretty cool product, as long as you get good filter!

Name:  20130130_175042.jpg
Views: 1402
Size:  58.3 KB