User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: My son is Awesome!! (Cineplex points brag) ~~Updated~~

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

From the scene website:

SCENE points are awarded to members for the purchase of their own movie ticket only. A total of 100 SCENE points will be awarded per adult transaction (a maximum of two transactions per day). If you are also purchasing a ticket for a child (under the age of 14), an additional 50 points will be credited to your account per child’s ticket (a maximum of two children’s tickets per transaction, two transactions per day). SCENE members will be able to earn up to 400 points per day from the purchase of movie tickets (200 points for the member based on 2 movies per day, plus 200 points for taking two children to each of the two movies). Cinema City movie tickets only award 25 SCENE points to a limit of 50 points per day.

I'd like to know how to get that many points in a day too!
    walkonby and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Panthera you taught your son very well. Using a card to earn points for free stuff should be the norm. It is so rewarding when you get what you need/want for free. Thank you for posting.
    freedomslink.com , a cool homepage!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kuraitani View Post
    From the scene website:

SCENE points are awarded to members for the purchase of their own movie ticket only. A total of 100 SCENE points will be awarded per adult transaction (a maximum of two transactions per day). If you are also purchasing a ticket for a child (under the age of 14), an additional 50 points will be credited to your account per child’s ticket (a maximum of two children’s tickets per transaction, two transactions per day). SCENE members will be able to earn up to 400 points per day from the purchase of movie tickets (200 points for the member based on 2 movies per day, plus 200 points for taking two children to each of the two movies). Cinema City movie tickets only award 25 SCENE points to a limit of 50 points per day.

OP, would you mind breaking down the points earned, please?
    Was it 10 friends going to the movies?
    Did they buy from the concession stand too?
    I would like to get the same number of points, if possible.
    Thx.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Do you know how the points actually break down? The reason I ask is because we go a lot! WE usually buy 4 tickets, but we do 2 transactions to get 100 points with each 2 tickets bought. If we buy all 4 at once they only give us 100 points, which is a rip off I think.
    My DH says the most points you can earn in one day on the same Scene card is 200, regardless of how many tickets are bought.
    However, I know there is a Combo deal @ the snack counter where you earn 1000 Scene points, along with getting your popcorn, drink and candy, but the Combo is over $20.00 to purchase, so that is kind of like buying the ticket really.
    Remember you do not earn points on buying stuff at the snack counter, you just get a 10% discount on the stuff( still better than no discount I guess)

However your DS did it congrats!! Tell him take my card with him next time. lol!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kuraitani View Post
    From the scene website:

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    OP, would you mind breaking down the points earned, please?
    Was it 10 friends going to the movies?
    Did they buy from the concession stand too?
    I would like to get the same number of points, if possible.
    Thx.
    OP, I too would LOVE to maximize my points that way ( if allowed) too. Have you any idea what or how many was actually bought? Tickets or treats?
    Shwa Girl likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

nice job

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    OP, I too would LOVE to maximize my points that way ( if allowed) too. Have you any idea what or how many was actually bought? Tickets or treats?
    OP, thanks for the update. I can see the movie purchases on Jan. 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, Feb. 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. I see how he was able to get the 2000 points. Thx.
    walkonby likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

aha!

Now that makes sense! I knew I should have reconsidered that Scotia Bank Scene debit card, helps boost the rewards.
    OP thanks for posting the update for us all.

And yes, your DS IS awesome!
    Shwa Girl likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    OP, thanks for the update. I can see the movie purchases on Jan. 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, Feb. 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. I see how he was able to get the 2000 points. Thx.

You have to buy 2 a day because that all you are allowed on the scene card is 200 points a day
    Last edited by YOU AND ME; Tue, Feb 19th, 2013 at 03:55 PM.
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    You have to buy 2 a day because that all you are allowed on the scene card is 200 points a day
    Thanks. Too bad they restrict. Imagine taking a bunch of kids to the movies and getting 2000 points in one day. That would be so great.
    walkonby likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

If you buy the tickets online at home and bring the printout to the theater, you get 120 points per ticket vs. 100 when you purchase in person.
    PammieD likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information