User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: 25 Bonus Airmiles everytime you redeem Airmiles Cash instore

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momgoneawol View Post
    Just redeemed mine the other day at metro. Figured there was no sense in saving them so I redeem everytime I get to $10. Wish the airmiles were like the shoppers or sobeys points where the more you have the more they are worth per point.
    Took a quick trip at lunch. Used the Red Envelope coupons too to maximize my points. Spent $1.95 out of pocket, and will earn 15 + 25 Bonus Air Miles.
    Hope Metro does this again.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Mon, Mar 4th, 2013 at 02:50 PM.
    walkonby and wifey like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is valid for Atlantic Canada Sobey's as well. Seen an ad for it on a few shopping carts.
    aussie and Shwa Girl like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I was just coming in to post about this, just got the email like 2 hours go

Here it is if it helps anyone

There’s never been a better time to
    redeem the reward miles in your AIR MILES Cash balance. That’s because you’ll earn
    25 Bonus reward miles for every
    95 reward miles you redeem at checkout, which is $10 off your purchases.*

What does that mean exactly?

The more you redeem at checkout during this time, the more Bonus reward miles you can earn!

Show details

Shwa Girl and wifey like this.

babies teach us acceptance

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I just redeemed 2 x $10.00 on my first transaction this a.m. but there is no indication written on the bill itself about me getting the 50 bonus AM? Does anyone know if they apply it later to your account? The site does say the Bonus AM will be in the account no later than March 31st, so hope that is right.

I was pleased using my $34.15 in coupons ( mostly HV FPC's ) on the 16 items I bought. The 25 AM for spending over $50.00 (with tax, before they applied the coupons) was on the bill, and the 2 regular AM, total OOP was just $5.79, amazingly THAT was the cost of the tax. ( cat food and litter dang tax!)

I forgot to buy baking soda so back in I went, got 11 boxes and used another $10.00 redeem, OOP was
    .90 cents....ha ha I just noticed I got ROUNDED UP! ( it was .89 OOP and I paid cash for that one )

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

It'll appear later. Remember though it'll show under the date of transaction most likely. If they don't award the miles for 6 weeks most likely you'll have to look back 6 weeks in your statement to see if you got them.

No offense to others who are happy with this offer but I skipped. It's come across to me as a deperation attempt by Airmiles to try and get people to switch over to their higher profit "Cash Back" program rather than the more profitable for the consumer "Dream Rewards" program. While this temporarily boosts the value of an AirMile from $0.105 to $0.143 you're likely only going to accumulate a minimal amount while flights can clock in as high as $0.30 or more. I just flew back from Houston for $0.30/AM and cancelled a flight to San Francisco that would have clocked in at $0.37.
    Poirot and Shwa Girl like this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

I was so happy I was able to take advantage of this offer! I got the email a little while back. I had just enough to redeem for $10 and I was planning on continuing to save them, but I couldn't pass up such a good deal! So I only got $10 off, but now I am 25 AMs closer to my next redemption, just for redeeming for free groceries! Thanks AM!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    126 (100%)

I redeemed $60 at Shell on the first day and received my 150 airmiles yesterday!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    It'll appear later. Remember though it'll show under the date of transaction most likely. If they don't award the miles for 6 weeks most likely you'll have to look back 6 weeks in your statement to see if you got them.

No offense to others who are happy with this offer but I skipped. It's come across to me as a deperation attempt by Airmiles to try and get people to switch over to their higher profit "Cash Back" program rather than the more profitable for the consumer "Dream Rewards" program. While this temporarily boosts the value of an AirMile from $0.105 to $0.143 you're likely only going to accumulate a minimal amount while flights can clock in as high as $0.30 or more. I just flew back from Houston for $0.30/AM and cancelled a flight to San Francisco that would have clocked in at $0.37.
    You are probaby right operabob.

What I do is "play their game" with the Air Miles cash PLUS combine with their other "game" offers such as doing a survey and earning Air Miles between 5 and 35 Air Miles each time, purchase healthy food with bonus Air Miles offer that have coupons attached and use additional coupons. Also, don't use the Air Miles until I can maximize the deal and combine deals.

Flights like yours -- don't do that much, plus would have to factor in the place to stay and buying food at restaurants and such and may be a car to get around.

It's a game. I agree with you. I'm just trying to find the easiest way through the game so that I come out the winner and not Air Miles winning.

Like in this brag:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/343340-...-miles-canada/
    operabob likes this.

Daddy-O
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is great. I have to admit I didn't even know about it, and I redeemed for $100 in gas yesterday. Looking forward to the 250 AM I didn't even know about
    Shwa Girl likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Wow I have 2,000 points going major shopping this weekend at Rexall !!!!!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I tried to redeem my Air Miles cash balance to get the extra Air Miles but wasn't able to. I went to Pharma Plus/Rexall to buy a Subway gift card worth $25 and then wanted to redeem $20 worth of Air Miles. It didn't show up on the register as an option to redeem my Air Miles. Does anyone know if this was because I wanted to purchase a gift card? Maybe gift cards aren't eligible to redeem your Air Miles cash on?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap&Chic View Post
    I tried to redeem my Air Miles cash balance to get the extra Air Miles but wasn't able to. I went to Pharma Plus/Rexall to buy a Subway gift card worth $25 and then wanted to redeem $20 worth of Air Miles. It didn't show up on the register as an option to redeem my Air Miles. Does anyone know if this was because I wanted to purchase a gift card? Maybe gift cards aren't eligible to redeem your Air Miles cash on?
    I bought a $100 Sobeys GC, redeemed enough air miles to take $40 off. The cashier gave me no problem.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap&Chic View Post
    I don't know your province.
    I see for Ontario it's at Metro, Rona, Rexall, Shell. Maybe because it was Pharma Plus?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information