User Tag List

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

story here

Convicted terrorist Paul Rose, who died Thursday of a stroke, is best known as an architect of the 1970 October Crisis, which saw political kidnappings and murder and troops flooding into Quebec. Now a member of the provincial legislature wants to honour him. Amir Khadir, one of two members of the pro-sovereignty Quebec solidaire, promises to table a motion in the national assembly to that effect next week.
    "This is someone who is significant to the independence movement," Khadir told The Canadian Press when asked about Rose's passing.

"You can share the reservations he had about his past in the FLQ, but no one can question his sincerity, his devotion, his integrity, his intellectual honesty."

This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Murderer will not be honoured by National Assembley

Quebec Solidaire is being firm: no matter what MNA Amir Khadir said following the death of Paul Rose, the party members will not be suggesting the National Assembly pay tribute to the convicted murderer.
    FLQ leader Rose died of a stroke Thursday morning at the age of 69, to praise from people who saw him as a freedom fighter and patriot, and to scorn from people who thought he should have shown remorse in addition to serving to a prison sentence for his crimes.
    Khadir told Canadian Press reporters on Thursday he would table a motion for politicians to pay homage to a man convicted of murdering one of their own.
    On Friday Khadir's politcial party issued a statement saying the outspoken MNA had changed his mind, and that neither Khadir nor co-leader Francoise David would table a motion to honour Rose, out of respect for the slain cabinet minister Pierre Laporte and his family.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I have no words to describe the feelings I have for Khadir and his family. I would however, gladly drive them to the ariport and help them board a plan back to Iran. Amir, call me, I mean it.

Thread Information