I saved a TON on my wedding, and I think it was still a great day, didn't seem "cheap" and was enjoyed by most of the people!

- No word of a lie, I bought my accessories (cathedral 2-tier veil, pearl earrings, bracelets, tiara, gloves) from ebay. A lot of it came from China. All together it was less than the cost of tiaras I'd seen in the stores (like, less than $100 for all of it). No one knows where it came from, so why spend hundreds on those things?

- I bought a "floor model" dress from a bridal place in Mississauga for less than $300 and I loved it. It was beautiful. I actually bought higher heels so I could save the $150 hemming fee for the bottom of the dress, then switched to flats after the ceremony.

- I didn't buy extra shoes or change of clothes/dress. Just wore cute ivory flats I already owned. Bought cute, unique wedding heels from a Sears Outlet store in Mississauga.

- Hand made my centrepieces with an $8 glue gun, and used ribbon/glass vases/single candles/small square mirror bases from Dollarama. I also bought some pearlized flower decorations they had around now (Easter) that matched the ivory I used for other things.

- E-invites. We used a Google template and did our "Save the Date" and wedding invitations digitally. Saved a ton on postage. Only mailed out invites to Grandmas and family who wanted keepsakes. Got that invite kit from Michael's craft store. Best part? You can set up the google sheet to automatically record people's responses and start a spreadsheet with their replies. So it saves paper, postage, waste AND time!

- Got my wedding flowers from a Dealticker special for $99! And they were really, really nice! That could be a crapshoot, but you can get absolutely SLAUGHTERED by florists as soon as you utter the word "wedding".

- We just had a nice dessert with the meal - no wedding cake. I'm gluten free, and we honestly believe that most wedding cake tastes terrible, so we were happy to go with a rich cheesecake option from the caterer.

- Borrowed my mother in laws pearls for the day.

- Ordered the bridesmaids' dresses online for half the price of the bridal store.

- Flower girl's dress from ebay for $20 and flower basket from Value Village for a few dollars.

One small piece of advice - don't skimp on your photographer or your meal. My sis did and she regrets it to this day. A skilled photog is worth their weight in gold. We had friends do some videography, and that was nice, but we are so happy with our pictures.

If you message me, I'll send you a link to the photographer's blog with our day. That's all I can think of for now, but I hope that helps!