User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FB cashier and nosy customer

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Ok so last night I went to FB in Ottawa, to get my milk. I went in the earlier and had no problems. I came back (45 mins had passed) because a friend called and asked me to pick her up some milk as well. So I went in got the milk, there was a lady in front of me in line, (just a stranger) I gave an extra coupon I had, she said thank you very much, end of story. Now this store said there was a limit (which is fine, but does not state this in the flyer), as I got to the cash the cashier was whispering, with another cashier and turns to me and says we have you on camera already buying milk, ok. I told her I wasn't buying for me but for someone else, she says it doesn't matter. I said ok fine gave the milk back, finished buying my pork chops.

Now the lady that had been before me said well I would like to buy the milk. Cashier turns and says no you can't, which we said why? She says cause you'll just give to her (me), now the lady didn't say she was giving the milk to me, just she wanted to get it. But even if she did get it for me, really what business is of hers, I believe if I buy something I can give away, do a dance on it or whatever. I said I didn't think it was right to stop her from buying milk.

Now I wasn't getting snippy or anything, just stating facts. All of a sudden woman pipes up from behind me say you don't need to get snippy with her, said I wasn't, and turned my back on her. Cashier is still going on about milk, I said I would just go to another FB, she says if you go to another line they will still turn you away. I told her I wasn’t; I said I was going to a different FB. Woman in line behind again says no need to get snippy, told her again, I wasn't and then ignored her. I said the cashier was being rude, cashier then says “Actually, I am being extremely polite!" (I guess that is how you are polite in her universe
    ).

Only good thing about this is there is a survey to do for my visit, guess I will finally answer one of those things
    I also went to another FB and they had no limit. So I got my friend's milk.

Again, I said I was ok, with not getting the milk. But had issues with the cashier denying this other customer the right to get her milk (It made me sorry I had given her a coupon) and for being rude and the nosy person in line.

The lady did stop me outside and offered to go get the milk, and to say thanks again for the coupon. Told her that was ok I was going to another store.

just needed to get that off my chest.
    thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess
    Last edited by couponmamaof03; Thu, Oct 18th, 2012 at 01:20 PM.
    glenglen, niro_anan, Aimz and 2 others like this.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

sorry you had to go through that! I would have asked to speak to a manager and asked for the owners number of the store to complain. The cashier needs to understand customer service. Even if their was a limit, she could have reminded you nicely and what business is of her's if someone else buys the milk? Don't worry karma is mean I am sure that nasty cashier will get it back to her.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

What a crab for a cashier,so rude and out of line!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It sounds like you were being rather nice to both of them, I would have lost my s^*t on the lady behind me in line

I would have also taken down that cashiers name and made a formal complaint, there is no reason for anybody to treat others with that kind of attitude, just say we have a limit and you have already purchased milk, please come back tomorrow end of story. 9/10 people will understand move on

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Where is this world coming too????!!!!
    couponmamaof03 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would have asked for a manager to inquire about where they found this amazing cashier who has the ability to read minds and judge the intent of what customers are going to do with their purchases.

Appalled that the cashier would refuse to let the other woman purchase the milk. Definitely, definitely complain or at least bring this to the attention of a higher up. Also, thank you for passing on some kindness in the form of coupon-sharing. Double karma for you - your generosity and your ability to not, as lessthannat said, lose your sh** on the nosy customer. I definitely would have as well.

[*A I M Z*]

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

couponmamaof03, it was a good idea you had -- going to another store with no limit.
    Perhaps this FB is not the best place for you to be.
    Or perhaps you can take the flyer to a store that is more friendly to you.
    niro_anan and couponmamaof03 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

"we have you on camera already buying milk" What in the heck kind of greeting is that for a customer?? I can see them saying, when necessary. we have you on camera shoplifting" but buying milk??? I would call the manager (something I have only done once) and let her/ him know how ludicrous the situation was. All that was required was a simple, I'm sorry but there is a daily limit on milk and I'm not able to exceed it for you this evening as we sold milk to you earlier today. Be glad this woman is not your neighbour. Can you imagine having her 'rule the cul de sac'?
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

I concur with everyone that says ask to speak to a manger...don't waste your time or energy trying to reason with someone like that......
    her comment was absolutely ridiculous and no way to treat a customer.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wow! what a crab! I would defiantly be complaining.
    join my superpoints network and get gifts card for amazon , or paypal, or rewards.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/skid13_mm
    http://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=4263495

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Thanks everyone, I did call the customer service number and they said they would contact the manager at the store about this incident. I made sure he understood that it had to do with the rudeness of the cashier and not the limit on the milk. Someone is suppose to call me back.

I have shopped at this FB for a couple of years now and never had any problems until now. But I think I really like the FB in Orleans the best.
    anisa, niro_anan and dizzyb like this.

senior canuck
    Trading Score
    21 (96%)

cashiers have to understand the customer service unwritten rule.if a customer experience something like this,even after manager comes and sort out issue,people like me dont want to return to that particular store for atleast 1 month or 2.result store loss.
    niro_anan likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

How ridiculous and frankly, kind of funny... I understand the limits, but that's really for people that are coming in and clearing the shelves during a sale. We all know better than that. But to come in later to buy one more, why not? Just my opinion.
    Have you dealt with that cashier before? Does she dislike customers or something? What a strange way to greet someone, I would be too busy laughing at her to be serious about the milk. Shake my head
    niro_anan, Poirot and SavenRaven like this.
    Jonesy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    254 (100%)

wow some cashiers, i would have definitely called the manager at the moment, how can a cashier stop an another customer buying milk?? by making up her own stories, i would say call the 1800 no or talk to the manager and let them know how you were treated
    niro_anan likes this.

my trade list and wishlist, check it out, tons of tearpads
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/365260-...ensure-canada/

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Oh wow! Totally uncalled for!
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information