User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Stacking at Maxi Masson, Montreal

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    ... And those who know me know that I work with the West Island Mission, so YES I will be clearing shelves and will not feel bad about it for a second as I know that these items are going to those who truly need it, not just sitting on display in a pointless stockpile like others do...
    i will be blunt, and have no apologies for doing so.

That is not necessarily fair to the person who is working hard to make ends meet, and is still behind a couple of hundred bucks each month, and is not turning to rely on community handouts.

there are MANY deserving families who need to be able to count on sales to provide for their kids.

if someone thinks that their charity work entitles them to clear shelves, causing a lot of marginal families to miss out, then that is not admirable.

it seems you want to stroke your own ego when you walk in the door with boxes of food to show that you are a major contributor, and know full well that you have cleared shelves to do it.

being proud of this practice is not at all admirable.

i STRUGGLE with our family finances. i do everything possible to make every dollar stretch. we do not live an extravagant lifestyle. i believe very firmly in being charitable, but you are making a mockery of it if you think that clearing shelves is acceptable when you are doing it for charity.

my stockpile is not pointless. my stockpile allows me to save.
    Last edited by anisa; Tue, Mar 26th, 2013 at 10:23 AM.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    52 (97%)

i dont understand why anyone have problem how many somone is buying or getting it free you dont know why that person is buying may be he or she is not just buying for him or herself may be they are getting it for other family members friends or charity since we dont know whats going on other side why making fuss of it who are we to judge anyone .we are here to help each other so help rather then hurt others by our comments its everyones personal decision and let it be why how and how many they buy or get it free everyone is mature and responsable for thier own act . so chill everyone appreciate people over here who help us by posting thier brag deals flyers
    super_e, mdrew and couponmamaof03 like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

charity is not only when you receive a receipt for a financial contribution, or the applaud of others when you make a show of walking in with copious amounts of goods to give away.

charity is also the way we treat others.

our society is truly in a sad place when we stop being considerate of those around us.

is it not said that even something as simple as a smile is charity?
    Litesandsirens911 likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

what is SOF?

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Luke 21:1-4

New King James Version (NKJV)

The Widow’s Two Mites

21 And He looked up and saw the rich putting their gifts into the treasury, 2 and He saw also a certain poor widow putting in two mites. 3 So He said, “Truly I say to you that this poor widow has put in more than all; 4 for all these out of their abundance have put in offerings for God,[a] but she out of her poverty put in all the livelihood that she had.”

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...4&version=NKJV
    mdrew likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Matthew 6

Take care! Don't do your good deeds publicly, to be admired, because then you will lose the reward from your Father in heaven. 2 When you give a gift to someone in need, don't shout about it as the hypocrites do -- blowing trumpets in the synagogues and streets to call attention to their acts of charity! I assure you, they have received all the reward they will ever get. 3 But when you give to someone, don't tell your left hand what your right hand is doing. 4 Give your gifts in secret, and your Father, who knows all secrets, will reward you
    anisa likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    is it not said that even something as simple as a smile is charity?
    I'm assuming you mean the giver is giving the smile. Yes, it's free, but at the end of the day, who does it really benefit?

I'm the opposite. I donated 2 boxes of Cadbury chocolate bars to an organization that helps homeless kids and low income families. She told me that I should've seen the smiles on these kids faces because they don't get treats like this at all. I benefit and the kids surely benefit. For someone to take the time to get coupons, drive from one end of the city to the other end, spend hours shopping, I'm sure all groceries are not totally free, pay taxes, drive back and hopefully don't get into a car accident, Montreal drivers are crazy loony. Take all this to the Mission. How many people are this dedicated?
    super_e and couponmamaof03 like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

^ and that makes shelf clearing ok? mocking people who stockpile ok?

a smile benefits the person giving it and the person receiving it. it was an example of a person's attitude, not a literal 'take it to the bank and get rich' example.

handing out chocolate bars is sharing treats. it is not actual charity work where someone in need is being given a hand up in life.
    Last edited by anisa; Tue, Mar 26th, 2013 at 02:22 PM.
    R

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I think this thread has run its course, the info can be found in the OP if anyone wants to go to the store and try stacking there, but we all know it is not Maxi's official policy and the conversation has strayed well from stacking
    anisa and mdrew like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread Information