User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Stacking at Maxi Masson, Montreal

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Will all cashiers do this or do we have to see you specifically? Like how we like to do cashier profiling at certain stores because they read coupons better and not go through them with a fine tooth comb and take forever?

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

So all cashiers understands "One coupon per purchase" means you can use as many coupons as you want on one transaction as long as you have exact amount of items and not one coupon per transaction?

This could be a gold mine on tax free day, lol.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

All cashiers know and abide by the same thing. Some take longer to contemplate them and look them over, but general rule of thumb is if it's not expired and Canada valid, and the product is the correct one in the correct quantity, then it'll be accepted towards a product.

There are a few that don't like coupons or price-matching (they do them anyway, obviously) and might be a little put-off or grumpy about, say, 20+ coupons lol

+ If you plan on coming and doing a mass-coupon/price-matching trip, try to avoid rush hour, since our location has only six normal registers and two Xpress lanes, and most of the time there are only three registers open, two at closing time. That means if one register is being hogged by one client with a bijillion coupons, there's only one left to cover everyone else and it makes people angry at us lol

Best time to come is weekday mornings, weekdays around 3-4pm, and weekdays around 7-9pm. There should be enough registers for the clients at that point. Weekends are iffy since we're always extremely busy on weekends, and sometimes @8 registers open (9 in total, remember), there are still lines 5-6 people long for hours.

I thinks we need a bigger store lol

@couponmummy

Again, lenient. We ignore that stuff. The only thing that matters is:

- Expiry
    - Validity (Canada)

The only time that applies is In-Store Coupons / Coupon Zone, where it's one per family (if you have four of five, it's OK, but a stack = denied).
    Last edited by Yusshin; Sun, Mar 24th, 2013 at 08:38 PM.
    Because of fake prints, stacking manus is no longer allowed
    But you can still stack Coupon Zone + 1x Manu, like other Maxi / Loblaw Stores
    Did You Like Our Service? Make Sure To Submit A Comment Sheet At Our Store!
    Comment Box is located beside the Coin Star Machine.
    Help Me/Us Earn an "A" For Customer Service!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

So if there's no superviser's over-ride on the cashes...does that mean all the under-aged cashiers can sell booze tio thier mates??

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Does your Maxi take printables? Mine don't.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There are no "under-aged" Cashiers. The youngest is 20 + the team is pretty good for integrity and wouldn't do that. That's how I feel, anyway.

And our store does take printable coupons, c-mummy.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Teehee, teehee, I have more questions.

Does your Maxi do overage? When coupon says that tax is included in face value of coupon, how do you do it? Do you use a calculator and then put in value plus tax as the coupon value?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you like shopping at Maxi, I suggest going to the one on Masson in Montreal. They offer price-matching and they stack coupons (but won't give you money back, if it should go over the purchase price).
    Summary

- Price-match
    - Stack coupons that are physically different
    - No other-store coupons
    - No money back on coupon value, should coupons be worth more than the pre-tax value
    - Coupons cannot be used towards tax
    - UPCs don't matter; if a coupon is physically the same but with different UPCs, it won't work
    - You can use coupons to get a product for free and then use a BOGO on it; this works, since even if the coupons bring the first product down to free, it's still considered "bought"
    Regardless what the coupon says, it can never be used towards tax, because Maxi considers it "overage" and we don't do "overage," quite simply.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

But what if it is a Free Product Coupon? Technically, tax is included in the face value of the coupon and there is not supposed to be tax charged.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Yusshin View Post
    There are no "under-aged" Cashiers. The youngest is 20 + the team is pretty good for integrity and wouldn't do that.

laughs...cos they never have younger sibs who want them to break the law.....

I once got into trouble from my check-out manager as the customer concerned complained that I wouldn't sell her a litre bottle of vodka, I told the manager that the customer was in a much lower grade than me when I was at school and I wasn't going to sell her the vodka...The customer was adamant I would have sold it to her brother who was in my grade so I should be obliged to sell it to her by the same "reasoning"...

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tax is still charged. Like the razors I just bought, they were price-matched at 5.99$ + one FPC for another pack.

I paid 5.99$ (about 7$ after tax) for one and about 90c for the other due to tax. Even if it's JUST that product you're buying (which means no "spilling" overage into the cost of other products, as we see it), you still pay the tax on the "free" item; unless, of course, there's no tax to begin with, as is the case with most foods.

@Darth Penguin

I guess there's a lot of trust thrown around at our store. If someone looks underaged, we card them; however, it's at the Cashier's discretion. No one's gotten into any legal troubles as of yet, so I guess it's going OK this way.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Here's an example for you.

You know that Walmart is selling Zantac for 2.22 and can use $3 coupon. How would the coupon be entered? Will it be entered as 2.22 and then pay 2.55 including tax?

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

The links are shortened because they have been censored by the forum software because they link to a competing site
    I changed the title to reflect Maxi

couponmummy, email Loblaws and ask them for a copy of their coupon policy, all Loblaws banner stores are supposed to take printables
    Darth Penguin likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think I used that example in a different thread lol

2.22$ with a 3$ coupon = 2.22$ into computer + you pay the tax (about 0.33$)

Which means all you pay is 0.33$ after the coupon, since overage is not allowed / paying towards tax is not allowed, regardless what the coupon itself says.

So you can never get taxable items completely "free." You always pay the tax on them.

Iogo drinkable yogourts (which I buy) are the same: taxable food. I price-match @ 0.99$ and use two 0.75$ coupons - one is entered in as 0.75$ and the other is entered in as 0.24$ (since 0.75+0.24=0.99$). I pay the remaining 0.13$ tax on every Iogo I buy.
    Last edited by Yusshin; Sun, Mar 24th, 2013 at 10:03 PM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I didn't know drinkable yogourts are taxable. Why? Is it because it's a luxury grocery item?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information