User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: My CT Rant, You won't believe how I was treated!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    binky5, How many tissues were you trying to bu

Zonny, I don't know of many SDMs that will allow a customer to pay for bus tickets with a SDM gift card. If you have been allowed to do this in the past you are lucky.
    I had 11 coupons , wanted 11 boxes.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    binky5, How many tissues were you trying to buy?

Zonny, I don't know of many SDMs that will allow a customer to pay for bus tickets with a SDM gift card. If you have been allowed to do this in the past you are lucky.
    I've done this pretty much every month since the Optimum program has been around (10+ years). HO tells me that I can use my GC for anything they sell, including lotto, prescriptions and transit passes. I've been denied on my bus passes a couple of times (at the same store), but an email to HO fixes it up. If you're having trouble in that area, I suggest you call HO too.
    KAT_5998 likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Just vote with your feet and don't shop there again.

There are several stores in our area which only allow one coupon per same item bought (e.g. can't use two same coupons to buy two same items), but I just adjust my shopping for that. It's a bit of a pain but not a dealbreaker for me since I don't ever buy huge multiples of anything with coupons. One is a grocery store, the other a pharmacy.

Trading Score
    62 (100%)

I understand exactly how you feel. I had something very similar happen to me at Walmart one time with price matching the Carnation milk for 1.00 using the one dollar coupon. The young cashier didn't know how to handle it and he asked another guy and that guy said one per purchase and I can only get one. I asked to speak to manager and he said he was assistant manager and then he left and came back with an older guy. He lit right in to me like you wouldn't believe and was very, very loud saying you can only use one and if you want to get one and get back in line you can do that all night if you want. He was loud, very loud. So, I said I would only take the one and then then the customer service manager came over to see what was going on. The cashier told her that he needs to take the milk out of the system cause I couldn't get them with the coupon saying "One per purchase". She said it was ok and she quickly picked up phone to call manager or someone to straighten it out but he came back out yelling at me while he was 50 feet away. I think he presumed the customer service manager called him to say I was persist or something. I was looking at her as he was yelling at me and I could see the shocked look on her face. When he left, she said I'm sorry and regardless then, she could not do nothing.

I go back there still but even though that has been awhile ago, I still get very nervous and scarde that I will meet up with something like that again. The person, assistant manager, is always there and I feel like he is watching me and wonder if he knows yet that one per purchase means one per item. All that sh*t makes you feel like you did something wrong when you didn't. I didn't call head office or anything but I am ready that if one wrong word is said to me in the wrong way that I'm going to tell them that I got yelled at for nothing before and if they do it again they will be reported.

Try to not let it bother you too much and call head office or anyone you think should know cause it is not fair.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Canadian Tire store here in Ottawa is pretty good about using the coupons, but then again I don't put up with crap from managers, cashiers. I tell them straight its people like myself and you that pay their salary and if they don't want you to shop with coupons then I will take my business elsewhere, and they shouldn't have the coupons in the store. Also to let you know if you contact the company who is issues the coupons they will contact the head office as well because they want you to purchase their items. As for the SDM my husband takes the bus and the head office will tell you to buy the gift card first and then buy your tickets. Most of the time the cashiers and managers have no understanding about their point program until you tell them.
    Poirot and Binky5 like this.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

They are called Crappy Tire for a reason.....
    mhk, Patty Smyth, Gazpache and 3 others like this.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

there is a reason it is nicknamed Crappy tire.. they have horrible customer relations, a good chunk of staff are just down right rude and most don't know how to process a coupon (they are also very old school with coupons with how they process them) i'm really surprised that they are in business as long as they have been with how they treat customers
    Patty Smyth, loftywater and Binky5 like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

My CT is just as bad. I get the whole 1 coupon per transaction speech. Heck, I was there during the scratch card promo and bought 2 200 flushes tabs. They each had a 35c coupon on it. We take off the coupon and cashier reads it and says "oh it says limit 1 per purchase, you can only use 1" and I said "Right, 1 per purchase, I am purchasing 2. My 2 purchases make up my 1 transaction" Then the cashier says "No, it's per transaction"....umm...no, it says nothing about transaction! She begrudgingly does it.

My worst experience was about 2 yrs ago. I was buying a bottle of coke I think while my son sold raffle tickets there. We have bottle deposits here. So the cashier rings it up and the bottle deposit should be 10c but it rings up 50c (there is no 50c bottle deposit here). So I say something. Cashier calls over the supervisor who says I'll tell the manager about it later. Cashier says we've been saying there is a problem for weeks now. So I insist they get the manager over. He doesn't but calls on the phone and then has the gall to say to me "Lisen if you have a problem take it up with the government!" I couldn't believe it! Your cash system has an issue and you are blaming it on the government?! I wrote a long nasty letter to HO. They "looked into it" and it is fixed. I got an apology and a GC. Might be worth your time to write a letter to HO. I still rarely shop there, and after the last debacle I may just never go again.
    mhk and Binky5 like this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

mhk
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Canadian Tires are franchise stores. Each one is different. I don't really like them either. Sorry for every one who has had bad experiences there.
    Binky5 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Lol, the thing is I never go to the store unless theres a scratch card. The only other thing I go for is those darn white swan! Anyway, our local GT has white swan too so I will just PM from now on. They know me mostly from the scratch card. Ive been pulled aside and told only one card per customer! The cashiers could have told me that but they would rather walk up to you in the middle of the store and make a scene! When they told me one per customer I said |ok, no problem and left! They were very nasty to me when they stopped me with my scratch card, and threatened to find out from his people if I was a flyer delivery person lmao! I am not, and I told him the extra scratch cards came from friends and family, but he insisted I tell him where exactly I got them! No way was I telling him anything, its none of his business. I just left the store and went to a few other stores. So its not the first time ive been treated like a criminal there. Some day soon I think Ill go into the store and spread some coupons around, just to annoy them! I know the staff there must be sick of enforcing these rediculous rules. It must be a hatefull place to have to work. I know what thats like, to work at a place that makes you miserable. I dont blame my cashier at all, she was just doing what she was told. I feel bad for her because when she has to enforce their stupid rules people take it out on her. Thats not fair. The person making the stupid rules should have to stand at the cash a deal with the unhappy customers.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I was refused using a scratch card and CT money. One or the other. Huh?
    Binky5 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    I was refused using a scratch card and CT money. One or the other. Huh?
    You can use coupons and Canadian Tire money together.
    Last edited by Poirot; Mon, Apr 1st, 2013 at 04:57 PM.
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I told him as an example how I bought 100 cans of carnation with 100 coupons and had no issue, and he has a problem with me using 2 of the same coupons for 2 products. Anyway, I told him that was fine, I would take my business elsewhere, and it's CT's loss.[/QUOTE]

Did you purchase all 100 cans in the same store at the same time?
    Binky5 likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

my issue with ct is that every time I'm there, the employees see customers then take off toward the back room! every time! if I ever need help, its a real drag to have to chase down someone who's trying to run away from me...
    Last edited by r0c0upons; Sun, Mar 31st, 2013 at 03:31 PM.
    Binky5 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    I told him as an example how I bought 100 cans of carnation with 100 coupons and had no issue, and he has a problem with me using 2 of the same coupons for 2 products. Anyway, I told him that was fine, I would take my business elsewhere, and it's CT's loss.
    Did you purchase all 100 cans in the same store at the same time?[/QUOTE]
    Yes, at the Superstore a few months ago when Carnation was on for $1. There were millions of cans lol, I didnt even make a dent in their supply! When I have a good coupon that makes something like that free I take full advantage, and get as many as I can. I found some of the coupons, and traded for others. Also have family that finds them in other towns and gives me some.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information