User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Ardene Canada Reviews (in-store)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

First let me say I really love Ardenes Stores (usually). But lately the Corner Brook Newfoundland store located in the Corner Brook Plaza, has had me turn away from quite some time. It all starts with the store being so cluttered that you can barely get around to look at items. Then One day I ask the clerk the question, What card would save me more money? The Ardenes VIP card or My SPC(Student Price Card)? He reply to my question was "I really don't care what you use!" She pretty much yelled at me. As She tossed the debit machine at me and then she pushed my bag off the counter. Needless to say I am not impressed with this store. I wouldn't discurrage people from going to other Ardenes stores because they are great for cheap and nice Jewelry but if you go to the Corner Brook one watch you back.
    This thread is currently associated with: Ardene, SPC Student Price Card

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Review: KP regent west/// winnipeg manitoba
    I don't really like ardenes any more. I used to think it was good because they had good prices and stuff but I have noticed that the clothing and jewelry is not well made. It comes apart easy and doesn't stay looking nice very long! I found that the worker never seem very happy and seem rude sometimes. I think that I rather pay a little bit more and get stuff that lasts longer for my girls and be treated nicer that to go there. I think it used to be better but now is getting worse and worse.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I find the clothes and jewelry still pretty good here. But I don't buy much clothes there

Hoisted by my own petard! eileen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

As a former Ardene employee I can tell you everything from there is straight from China. Very cheaply made and if one item falls apart, chances are, the rest of that model will too, so you can exchange for something else but it's still made the same.
    The Ardene card would probably be cheaper, SPC and the Ardene card are both 15% off regular priced items, yeah? If there's a 3/10 deal or something along those lines, I suggest doing the 3 items for $10 because you're paying that for 2 or 1 anyway. Space is a HUGE issue, it's not a very well run company and head office constantly tries to squish in more and more stock of stuff you don't need and not send stuff you do need. This of course leads to a lot of theft. There are often contests and coupons on the website, check before you shop! Personally, I loved working there because of the people (not the pay) but I have so much of that crap now...and it really is just crap. I'd suggest you save your money not buying costume jewellery and buy something nicer and a little pricier with the saved money. Of course little girls just love the place so there's no stopping that, haha. P.S. The grab bags are all just old stock! I tried to make them as good as possible but it all depends.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by eileen View Post
    As a former Ardene employee I can tell you everything from there is straight from China. Very cheaply made and if one item falls apart, chances are, the rest of that model will too, so you can exchange for something else but it's still made the same.
    The Ardene card would probably be cheaper, SPC and the Ardene card are both 15% off regular priced items, yeah? If there's a 3/10 deal or something along those lines, I suggest doing the 3 items for $10 because you're paying that for 2 or 1 anyway. Space is a HUGE issue, it's not a very well run company and head office constantly tries to squish in more and more stock of stuff you don't need and not send stuff you do need. This of course leads to a lot of theft. There are often contests and coupons on the website, check before you shop! Personally, I loved working there because of the people (not the pay) but I have so much of that crap now...and it really is just crap. I'd suggest you save your money not buying costume jewellery and buy something nicer and a little pricier with the saved money. Of course little girls just love the place so there's no stopping that, haha. P.S. The grab bags are all just old stock! I tried to make them as good as possible but it all depends.

I have also realized that their keychains literally fall into pieces after a couple days of usuage. Yes, the price is cheap, but guess what, I can get something for a much better quality and lower price in China. I purchased a lipgloss from there before and the smell is horrible, the texture is unbelievably grotesque, they will all disappear within two minutes of applying, and the container leaks so bad that it left a HUGE stain inside my authenic Juicy tote which costed me $350+, I was NOT impressed.

The earrings I purcahsed from there changed color after wearing them twice. The charms of the earrings fell off a few days later and when I mentioned this the next time I pay a visit to the store, the girl shuffed a price tag into my face and said if I want something of a high quality then go to Holt Renfrew.

Hoisted by my own petard! eileen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yep, those "hypoallergenic" earrings sound good...but there's no such thing as hypoallergenic. Some people can wear cheap jewelery and some can't. Personally I can wear almost anything in my ears but I'm very sensitive to necklaces.
    The makeup surprisingly used to be pretty good, but that was years ago and whatever they're using for pigment now isn't working at all and is only good for kids to play around with. Ick, yeah all that lip gloss is so gross, that sucks about your purse!!
    On the subject of earrings, I did ear piercing while I was there, Ardene, Claire's, Faces, etc. all those places pierce ears with a gun which is quick and fairly painless. I did it when I was five and people will still keep doing it, but there are some problems with choosing that route.
    First off, (getting a little graphic here) whatever microbes there are from the "backsplash" of the piercing get onto the gun and probably stay there because the guns themselves don't get cleaned regularly. If you get a piercing right after someone else I wouldn't think it impossible to be exposed to anything they might have. Bit of a getting-pregnant-from-the-toilet-seat theory but considering tattoo and piercing parlours put all equipment in an autoclave and sterilize the bajeezus out of everything, it's not that nutty a thought.
    Secondly these are mostly teenagers who pierce as a job requirement, not because they are particularly talented at it. So as nice as the person is or as helpful, the piercing may come out crooked or off centre, etc.
    Altogether it's not an awful method, but it is an outdated one, and as long as you're putting a hole in your (or your kid's) ear you may as well cough up the extra dough to go to a good piercing parlour, where you can be sure they are professional, will talk to you about everything, answer your questions and be available anytime after should you get an infection or need anything.
    Well there's my manuscript! The moral is, quality first!!

Trading Score
    215 (100%)

i find the ardene stores a lot better than claire's cheaper ...in price,better variety,better cashiers literally,atleast they are nice and greet you in ,when ever I go to claires they are literally ignoring you,if you buy soemthing they act rude ..how nice =/..kinda off topic,but yeah..they are rivals arnet they just a small comparison ..

and I find the piercing services a lot better than Claires....I have experince on that because few months back got ears pierced from Claires,it was quck and all,the lady seemed she was so busy even tho the store was empty...she didnt suggest good earrings,I personaly didnt know anything about how fake earrngs can give you infections,she should have brought that to my attention...and in 3 months my ears got nfected closed up....then 2 months back at ardenes....the lady let me know everything about thea pre priercing earrngs,they had better looking earrings too! and they even accept SPC for the piercings,the girl was really friendly and all,I LOVE ARDENE

The ardene I went to was in markham,in marville shoping mall,they have really nice cashiers,and I been a customer for many years,never had bad expernce with them,except I just dont like their return policy,even with a recepit,you get no refund but only exchange within 10 days only.
    best plastic jewellry store in my opinion lol
    Last edited by Bloo; Sun, Nov 2nd, 2008 at 11:28 PM.
    sasksaver likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The sales associates at Toronto Eaton Centre are the grumpiest. I've been there several times and even when the store is empty, they make their customers wait to ring through. They're stocking stuff on the racks and they'd be like, "hang on, I'll be right there" and continue stocking the racks for 5 minutes until they decide to attend to the customer. They take even longer when you want to exchange or return something. They also ring you through while they're on the phone or talking to their colleagues, thereby making a mistake on the cash register and overcharging the customer. One of the sales associates also pierced a guy's ear in the wrong place. Oh, the horror.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by eileen View Post
    Yep, those "hypoallergenic" earrings sound good...but there's no such thing as hypoallergenic. Some people can wear cheap jewelery and some can't. Personally I can wear almost anything in my ears but I'm very sensitive to necklaces.
    The makeup surprisingly used to be pretty good, but that was years ago and whatever they're using for pigment now isn't working at all and is only good for kids to play around with. Ick, yeah all that lip gloss is so gross, that sucks about your purse!!
    On the subject of earrings, I did ear piercing while I was there, Ardene, Claire's, Faces, etc. all those places pierce ears with a gun which is quick and fairly painless. I did it when I was five and people will still keep doing it, but there are some problems with choosing that route.
    First off, (getting a little graphic here) whatever microbes there are from the "backsplash" of the piercing get onto the gun and probably stay there because the guns themselves don't get cleaned regularly. If you get a piercing right after someone else I wouldn't think it impossible to be exposed to anything they might have. Bit of a getting-pregnant-from-the-toilet-seat theory but considering tattoo and piercing parlours put all equipment in an autoclave and sterilize the bajeezus out of everything, it's not that nutty a thought.
    Secondly these are mostly teenagers who pierce as a job requirement, not because they are particularly talented at it. So as nice as the person is or as helpful, the piercing may come out crooked or off centre, etc.
    Altogether it's not an awful method, but it is an outdated one, and as long as you're putting a hole in your (or your kid's) ear you may as well cough up the extra dough to go to a good piercing parlour, where you can be sure they are professional, will talk to you about everything, answer your questions and be available anytime after should you get an infection or need anything.
    This is all very very true! Problem is that most tattoo/piercing parlors won't pierce anyone under the age of 16. Doctors offices don't do it anymore, so you are "forced" to go to somewhere like Clares or Ardenes to get your little girls ears done.

Now I am fortunate in that respect because I have studdied extesively piercing techniques and can legally work as a piercer. My little girl/boy (equal opertunity!) won't be going to Ardenes to get done. They will be pierced by mummy dearest using all the proper methods and sterilization.
    Remember that even though pets are here for such a short time they teach us things we would never be able to learn in many lifetimes on our own.

Junior Canuck fierce_angel_6000's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

With respect to product quality, sometimes you can usually find some durable stuff there: I bought some metal hair clips 2 years ago, and they're still lasting. I've thrown them across the room, shoved them into bags, and have run around with them all day in my hair w/o them falling out.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I agree and the last time I went to Ardene in North Van, the store manager was so rude and was trying on different lip stick and nail varnish then putting them back in their boxes... Meaning that we are actually buying used stuff :-(
    She wears those jewelries for a day and puts it back, saw that with my own eyes.

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Review: Conestoga mall, Waterloo.
    I don't typically buy from ardene's because I find the stuff cheap and suitable for little girls. And when I have bought stuff from this one I am always pressured to buy more, like say there is a sale if you buy 3 things you get 2 free or something, I don't remember the sale, they will keep telling you when you go to pay.
    The last thing I bought there was nail polish, it was pretty cheap, horrible quality I am sure, but the colours got me. Anyway, the sales lady waited to tell me it was final sale AFTER I paid, which I snickered at cause that didn't do me any good. Why even bother to tell me? Oh and she said hi to me twice while I was in the store, kept leaving to go in the back while I was browsing thinking I had left and then coming out and saying hi to me again, it was kind of weird.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I only buy headbands from there (not the thin ones though because they snap in half easily)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yeah, Ardenes is okay, but I do prefer Claires even though it's more expensive. There stuff just looks nicer.

Every time I go into and Ardenes, the workers are just chatting amongst themselves (extremely loudly I might add).

Some of the stuff looks decent and because the stuff is so cheap is a plus I guess.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

I have never liked Ardene's in the mall. They are small and seem really geared to young girls. I recently went to an Ardene in one of those big box malls (Oshawa) and the store was quite big and saw alot of necklaces I really liked. I would definitely go back to that location.
    My family currently has a 1 in 20 chance for a trip for 4 anywhere WestJet flies. Please vote for my son if you can spare a moment. https://apps.facebook.com/rfscontest...93?eid=1800024
    *You can vote daily til Nov 12th. - Just click 'LOVE IT' - THANK YOU

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information