User Tag List

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By iluvcoupon
  • 1 Post By sunshineorchid
  • 1 Post By HelenaZAE
  • 2 Post By gijennr
  • 1 Post By saddlebag
  • 1 Post By islandlakes

Thread: Public School Nonsense ..... Anyone else have an issue with this??

Crazy Croatian Couponer HelenaZAE's Avatar
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Staff at Bel Ayr Elementary School hand over information of 5 year old little girl’s whereabouts to a 61 year old man, 3 and a half months after her parents remove her from the school. WHAT? Yes, it is true. In 2013 you can walk into this school and get information on young children. Safety is no concern there, you can be a crazed lunatic, a pedophile or even an axe murder, put on a smile and viola all the information you want on young children. Seriously, what do they think and try to previously bully us into not speaking our mind stating that Bel Ayr Elementary is a good school. Good for what, I could send my child to the public mall alone and she’d be safer! I hope parents see this and start asking questions and start demanding that this school be safer. It is common sense not to give information out on young children!

There is the protection of privacy act that the HRSB is supposed to adhere to and everyone hired by the HRSB signs a privacy of information form.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    The most wonderful things in life can be found in a child's laugh..............

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

omg! why would they do that? that is crazy....
    HelenaZAE and sunshineorchid like this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Yikes, and I thought everyone here in Lunenburg was bass-ackwards! Just out of curiosity, who was this 61 year old guy?
    HelenaZAE likes this.
    All life is connected, no matter how far apart

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sunshineorchid View Post
    Yikes, and I thought everyone here in Lunenburg was bass-ackwards! Just out of curiosity, who was this 61 year old guy?

I'm happy and sad to hear that Lunenburg is mind numbing as well
    The man was a relative we stopped talking to a while ago due to some "health issues" that's why he didn't know we removed her from that school 3.5 months before he went looking for her. I never would have thought info could be given out so easily.
    My issue is anyone can walk in and say you're a relative. Calling the phone company has more security and my phone bill is not as important as my child. It's fustrating because we walked away from crap from them twice and were "the bigger person" but then almost 4 months later they do this. I won't let them sweep it under the rug and pass it off on us. They messed up, put my daughter and her new school in jepordy and parents need to know. The school our child is in now told us even if they wanted to, they couldn't say that because they are legally bound. It sickens me to think that other people think there is nothing wrong with doing this and the only reason why we can't go the legal way is because the new principal has a brain and prevented anything from happening to our child. We checked with 4 different lawyers.
    Last edited by HelenaZAE; Tue, Apr 23rd, 2013 at 08:35 AM.
    sunshineorchid likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I would still report this to the school board and to the education minister of Nova Scotia. The person who handed out this
    information needs to be held liable and needs to be made knowledgeable of the huge mistake they made and of all of the
    possible negative outcomes from their actions.
    HelenaZAE and sunshineorchid like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Have you contacted the School Board? Have they implemented any changes? If not, I would contact the media. 95.7FM would love this story, especially with Father Lahee type people out there.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gijennr View Post
    I would still report this to the school board and to the education minister of Nova Scotia. The person who handed out this
    information needs to be held liable and needs to be made knowledgeable of the huge mistake they made and of all of the
    possible negative outcomes from their actions.
    That is a great idea, we never thought of the Minister of Education. Thank-you

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

Public school is becoming more and more of a joke each year. Kids are learning less...teachers have more assistance, admin staff are....umm....not quite sure.....
    HelenaZAE likes this.
    ....just be happy

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
    Public school is becoming more and more of a joke each year. Kids are learning less...teachers have more assistance, admin staff are....umm....not quite sure.....
    You said it, we've actually considered homeschooling because things were so mind blowing and just strange. We found a new school with a principal who has a brain and the teachers and staff sometimes make us feel werid because they are nice and polite and we're not used to that We've lost long time friends over this and are now moving to the new school's district. I am just glad and sad at the same time she doesn't go there anymore - glad we had the guts to pull her out and sad that I listened to and believed other people tell us that this is how school is for the 2 months she was there when I just knew better.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

It's getting so it takes the media to get anyone's attention on these things. One sympathetic reporter could do the trick to wise up people.

As someone who has worked as a teacher in another lifetime, I wonder why more don't home school when there is trouble.
    HelenaZAE likes this.
    For my referral to Swagbucks, click this link.

http://www.swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=1265083

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

How are others handling the fact that children are not covering all of the curriculum items, there seems to be a no fail policy and marks seem to be better on paper than what they should be? I mean if teachers issue A's and B's and a sr. elementary student can't subtract...why do they have an A or B? How do you ensure that your child is learning everything they should be?

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by islandlakes View Post
    It's getting so it takes the media to get anyone's attention on these things. One sympathetic reporter could do the trick to wise up people.

As someone who has worked as a teacher in another lifetime, I wonder why more don't home school when there is trouble.
    We have truely come to our wits end with this school and those people. My brain hurts trying to understand the way they think and the things they do. The school our child is at now actually has standards which is so nice to see, our kid got a comment on their report card about not knowing differnt types of tones in music class - I never thought I'd be so happy my kid didn't know something. It showed that the teacher actually teaches music and not Taylor Swift Break-up songs.
    We have been called many things over the last 6mths from people we know and don't know because of this school and now everyone can see for themselves because there is no way to defend such actions. We walked away, but they keep pushing the envelope and this time we had enough. Thanks to social media, people can make their own judgements and if other parents ask the questions and demand better then maybe it will be better - One can hope

Thread Information