• 1 Post By loftywater
  • 1 Post By Esquao
  • 1 Post By loftywater
  • 3 Post By tatsugrl

Thread: I've been gone wayyyy too long

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I took a bit of time off couponing (I was getting pretty good at it, but needed to focus on work & my little) I just started looking for coupons again & I can't believe how hard it is to find them now When I first had my little one (4.5 yrs ago) I was able to get my diapers for next to nothing! Now I'm having a hard time even finding 'A' coupon for them. (Expecting #2 in a few months) & was hoping to start stocking up. Anyone out there having the same issue? Any ideas on where to find them?

Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Rika
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Save on Foods is stacking again so that will help
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

huggies coupons changed the wording no more stacking I uses to use pc green diapers great for me cause my son is super sensitive to any other diaper and they regularly went on sale for around 10 bucks. My friends had a diaper poker party to stock up. Good luck and congrats
    oscarandme likes this.
    orange

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sunny01 View Post
    I took a bit of time off couponing (I was getting pretty good at it, but needed to focus on work & my little) I just started looking for coupons again & I can't believe how hard it is to find them now When I first had my little one (4.5 yrs ago) I was able to get my diapers for next to nothing! Now I'm having a hard time even finding 'A' coupon for them. (Expecting #2 in a few months) & was hoping to start stocking up. Anyone out there having the same issue? Any ideas on where to find them?
    My wife and I had a baby daughter last week. We made a decision to not use disposables and try a diaper service. We`re paying $23.97 per week for as many diapers as we need, plus we don`t need to do any of our own laundry, plus we don`t have to shop for them! As we`ve been out on various errands I`ve been watching the prices at various stores and while there are cheaper amounts, there are also many more expensive amounts so what we`re paying is easily in the ball park in terms of costs when compared to disposable pricing.

It just didn`t feel right to us to use disposables and with the cost for cloth so reasonable we`re very happy with our results so far. We`re pleased that the we`re not sending stuff to a landfill.

Some friends have offered to give us their cloth diapers that they own and wash themselves. We are considering this and the new washing machine we recently bought has a great sanitary cycle for just such a need. However, as mentioned, the cost of the service is just so darned good that the time and effort of washing our own just doesn`t seem worth it right now. Having said that, we may still go that route and wash our own and hang them to dry on our clothesline.
    Last edited by imasham; Sat, Apr 27th, 2013 at 12:55 AM.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I've been off couponing for so long now! Lots of things happen in my life that it made me super busy
    oscarandme likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I know how you feel sunny01...i took a break as well and am finding so many issues with finding coupons...its making starting back up really hard...
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

I have a few of smartsource, redplum and tearpad coupons I won't use....just let me know what you are looking for
    oscarandme likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Nice to see some of the same ole people around! I've also been gone for wayyy to long!
    Nice to see Loftwater and Rika are still around

We should get to together and do a little swap!
    thatdarncat, Esquao and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Haha yes I feel like I've been gone so long! Haven't really done much couponing either just go on here sometimes to check out deals. Life has been quite busy for me( Got married! and had our first baby) and I just didn't have the time like I did before to coupon. It is nice to see some familiar usernames

Quote Originally Posted by misschelsey View Post
    Nice to see some of the same ole people around! I've also been gone for wayyy to long!
    Nice to see Loftwater and Rika are still around

We should get to together and do a little swap!
    oscarandme likes this.
    busy, busy, busy

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I also took about 6 months off. Went back to work, got my hours for EI. Had another baby April 24th, 2013. Now off on mat leave. Been back in the game full swing. Loving it! Didnt take long to get back at it. Especially when you go to swaps to restock your coupon supply.
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Awhh congrats on another baby for you! And it's great your still couponing maybe I've just been lazy and should get back in the game again! Haha we are planning for baby no.2 so I might just go back to work for my hours than go on mat leave again. I seriously thought I would have more time being on mat leave and just watching a baby. But nooooo, it's much harder but I have been doing little coupons here and there but nothing major like before.

Quote Originally Posted by Esquao View Post
    I also took about 6 months off. Went back to work, got my hours for EI. Had another baby April 24th, 2013. Now off on mat leave. Been back in the game full swing. Loving it! Didnt take long to get back at it. Especially when you go to swaps to restock your coupon supply.
    oscarandme likes this.
    busy, busy, busy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks to a friend, I'm going to start back at it. I slowed down to a crawl for about a 1.5 yrs. My friend showed me a shopping bill that was outstanding, I need to get back to this. Besides my stockpile is almost nil. down to crackers, laundry soap, toothpaste and some canned goods LOL. Learning the ropes again as to what store accepts what and what company has changed "wording" on their coupons is going to take a bit.

"ThriftyAlbertan" is back in coupon world!
    PS. my kids are going to hate me! LOL

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I don't have a little one but first of all Congratulations on your baby-girl!!! to you and your wife!!! and I know a few moms to be -great advice - I will pass on for certain!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by imasham View Post
    My wife and I had a baby daughter last week. We made a decision to not use disposables and try a diaper service. We`re paying $23.97 per week for as many diapers as we need, plus we don`t need to do any of our own laundry, plus we don`t have to shop for them! As we`ve been out on various errands I`ve been watching the prices at various stores and while there are cheaper amounts, there are also many more expensive amounts so what we`re paying is easily in the ball park in terms of costs when compared to disposable pricing.

It just didn`t feel right to us to use disposables and with the cost for cloth so reasonable we`re very happy with our results so far. We`re pleased that the we`re not sending stuff to a landfill.

Some friends have offered to give us their cloth diapers that they own and wash themselves. We are considering this and the new washing machine we recently bought has a great sanitary cycle for just such a need. However, as mentioned, the cost of the service is just so darned good that the time and effort of washing our own just doesn`t seem worth it right now. Having said that, we may still go that route and wash our own and hang them to dry on our clothesline.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Check the RCSS locations chains for coupons, Huggies, Pampers have been up there alot the last few months. I was speaking with a mom organizing the Ottawa Swap Group the other night trying to get some Baby coupons that last time I went there were several and not so many this time and she mentionned that the last few months not as many to be found. Like I mentionned previously I have no little one but sign-up for the Pampers rewards, Huggies website...the usual places and just start trading I guess. Congratulations on your new expected little one and welcome back.

Thread Information