User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: walmart rant....i'm so angry

love.them.coupons
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I want your opinions to what happened today......
    I went to walmart today and went to buy the Halal Mina chicken breast and I know they have a save 2 dollars on any mina product. But when i looked at the chicken breast i was giing to buy i noticed mine was gone, someone taken it they took almost all of them. But on the whole chicken therr was maybe 5 left i was trying to take the one off the whole chicken to use towards my 2 chicken breast and i only took the two i needed. I noticed there was an older lady looking at me and said " know other people might want to use it" i told her i am buying them and she walked away. Then while i was checking out i stood in line to my favourite cashier, i noticed the same lady that spoke to me and another two people were with her. I can just tell they were talking about me. They kept lookibg at my cart and whispering i just ignored it. Then the guy with her said to me "you took all the coupons" or something like that. I told him I only took thr ones i need and its none of your buisness and he kept walking and said it is my buisness if it involves theft!!!!!!!!!! OMG DID HE JUST ACCUSE ME OF STEALING i was with my daughter and he is yelling at me infront of everyone cashing out. I was insulted i didnt steal the coupons someone else did. After i put my stuff in thr car i went back and all thr rest of the coupons were gone and they said i did it. I cant believe it
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

To be honest in my opinion what you did was wrong. You removed a coupon from another product to use on a product you wanted to purchase. I understand that someone else took all the coupons off of the breasts. Maybe an employee was told to remove the coupons as they were placed there in error or maybe someone else did what you did and took them off the breasts to use them on their favourite meat. You will never know why they were gone, but removing a coupon from one item and using it on another item, IN MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION, is considered theft in a way. The coupon should be used on the product it was stuck to. Not removed to be used on a product that best suited your needs.

Also, your title implies that you had a rant with the company Walmart which in fact Walmart had nothing to do with your issue. It was the customers of Walmart that did. You might want to change the title. Walmart gets enough negativity as it is.
    Last edited by CrazyQT; Sun, Apr 28th, 2013 at 10:25 AM.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I agree with the person above ^^ I was in the same situation last week, I found a $3 Clear peelie on a bottle that I didn't want, so instead of peeling it off myself and making it look like I was stealing, I took the bottle with the peelie and a bottle that I wanted to buy to the cashier and asked if I could use the peelie for the bottle I wanted. She said sure and peeled it off herself.

I've heard of people getting arrested for stealing peelies, I think someone on this forum posted a few years about that they were hounded by a security guard because they took a peelie without purchasing the product. A peelie really isn't worth the harrassment. I know you didn't steal it, you intended to use it, but it definitely looked like you were going to steal it.
    Crochetlady likes this.

love.them.coupons
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

when she asked me i showed her i was purchasing them. I have been reading in the bragging section that people r using the coupon towards the ground chicken and i know that the coupon is only on the chicken brrast and whole chicken. I only purchase halal products, i was more upset they accused me of taking them all and i didnt
    i also dont know how to change the title name. Also thabks for ur opinions of course i dont want to be accused i want to know what right to do. I have two children and i dont want to be accused of stealing when i want to teqch my children to be honest
    momi likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I just don't like peelie coupons, for that reason (People taking them) and also when cashiers don't actually use them and you take them home. For instance, I bought two Pantene products and each had a 2.00 off peelie. However I also had a BOGO coupon so the cashier let me keep one of the peelies off the free product. Now while I didn't have an issue with it later on, I ended up using the peelie towards another Pantene product a couple weeks later. I was prepared to be asked where I got it from, as the peelie was not attached to the shampoo. Thankfully all went well.

Anyways back to your rant, I don't like the way they accused you, and approached you. There are many more ways to go about it in a polite manner. So for that reason I would also be upset. CrazyQT does bring up many valid and important things to understand with peelies so we should all keep that in mind the next time we go shopping!

All the best, and hopefully you at least enjoyed that chicken!

missks2002
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I have seen those Mina Peelies and they do say that they are good for any Mina product. So if you peeled it off one item to use with another one in the same product line, I don't see any issue with that.
    abbasgirl and peachies like this.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by missks2002 View Post
    I have seen those Mina Peelies and they do say that they are good for any Mina product. So if you peeled it off one item to use with another one in the same product line, I don't see any issue with that.
    I feel sorry for the next person who comes along who now won 't save anything because the peelies were taken. Two wrongs and all that.
    strew likes this.
    Win Amazon Giftcards just by searching with Swagbucks! I've made over $700!!!

Ask me for more information on how

Tangerine Orange Key is 14221156S1

love.them.coupons
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i would never tske all the peelies thats not fair for thr rest of the people i just took the two i needed because thr one on mine were tsken i made sure there was still some. I was accused of taking them all which i didnt.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SarahS83 View Post
    I feel sorry for the next person who comes along who now won 't save anything because the peelies were taken. Two wrongs and all that.
    I would agree if they took all the coupons, or took all the coupons and bought no product. Peelies that are good for an assortment of items are placed randomly on batches of product. Somebody has a roll of them and they just stick stick stick. They don't care if you use it on that product or the one beside it that they didn't put a coupon on.

Taking a coupon applicable on many products off of one to use on another is really not a big deal, as long as you aren't taking a bunch of them home. If you want to take a peelie off of item A to use on item B right then and there, as long as the coupon works for both I don't see the issue.

Overdoing it is when it becomes a problem.

I don't think the OP did anything wrong.
    renegado likes this.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I wonder if people would think the same if they came along and wanted a deal on chicken to find no peelies? Taking even one is taking it from another person. Up to you to decide if that is right or not

No one should yell at you in front of your kids though.
    Win Amazon Giftcards just by searching with Swagbucks! I've made over $700!!!

Ask me for more information on how

Tangerine Orange Key is 14221156S1

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

But if packages A B and C have peelies, and D E and F don't, whether I take the packages with peelies or move the peelies to D, E and F, 3 will still not have peelies. What's the difference if I took 3 products with the peelies or moved them to the 3 that didn't? I don't see the difference really. Nobody is being deprived of a deal, just like nobody would be deprived of a deal if I bought the packages that the peelies were originally on.

I know through experience that often there is no real method to which products peelies go on. They're just stuck onto whichever products are there by the reps. They're just affixed to a product to grab the attention of the consumer.
    abbasgirl and s.hamandi like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

it's not a big deal, next time tell anyone giving you attitude to beat it! glad u got a deal
    s.hamandi likes this.

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    But if packages A B and C have peelies, and D E and F don't, whether I take the packages with peelies or move the peelies to D, E and F, 3 will still not have peelies. What's the difference if I took 3 products with the peelies or moved them to the 3 that didn't? I don't see the difference really. Nobody is being deprived of a deal, just like nobody would be deprived of a deal if I bought the packages that the peelies were originally on.

I know through experience that often there is no real method to which products peelies go on. They're just stuck onto whichever products are there by the reps. They're just affixed to a product to grab the attention of the consumer.
    I've worked as a rep and do still on the odd occasion. Some companies have a specific list of products they would like the peelies to go on and others say put them on any product so it's really up to the rep to decide which products they go on. I guess my point it that some of the time the companies they are putting out coupons dont even know which products they were stuck on.
    s.hamandi likes this.

love.them.coupons
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thabks everyone for ur input. The day it happened it ruined my whole day and when i was done shopping i was going to go to my nephews birthday.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have seen those $2 peelies on Mina products too and always thought that those peelies are intended for the ones expiring soon.That explains to me why all of them dont have those coupons.But never even for a second it occured in my mind to take off the peelie to use towards my product.
    I am using coupons for a long long time and have my self -imposed ethics .That whatever amount the peelie is,no matter how much its attractive to me,I wont take it until I am buying that product.These 2 or 4 dollars might save me some now but stealing is stealing whether its million$ or $2.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information