User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By joyfuljoyful

Thread: Maytag-DISAPOINTMENT

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have just purchased a Maytag washer dryer comb model # YMET3800XW0, and I am VERY unhappy with it's performance. It is a large load machine but you can only fill it half full of water. This just doesn't get a full load clean. It hardly gets them wet. I realize that low water is okay with front load machines, but this is a top load machine and half of the gyrator is sticking out of the water. If I wanted to do small loads, I would have bought a smaller machine. I sent an email after the first time I used it, I've made phone calls to the store and head office in Tennessee. They just say sorry, we have no "buyers' remorse policy." I feel sick, this is the biggest waste of $1700. :'( The store even told me that, "you don't REALLY need water to wash clothes, just soap, and a 'bit' of water." ???? Other than having to fill my new machine with buckets of water, do you know if there is anyway to over-ride this problem? It also has a water temp control, so if you choose hot water it will add cold at high speeds and it shakes the pipes. I feel brutal, that I can not pick the water level appropriate for the clothes or the water temperature. The troubleshooting page just says, 'use smaller loads.' So instead of 5 loads a week I have to do 15 loads, and that is supposed to be more environmentally friendly.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Decaf likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wow that sucks big time

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I don't know what to say, I have seen those demo on youtube and I cringed at how little water the machine use, barely soak the clothes. May be you can try washing it twice? First with detergent and 2nd without detergent. Is there and extra rinse cycle to rinse out all the suds?

Thread Information