User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Canada Post rant! Why did you drive up to my door and NOT attempt delivery?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I shared some insight into another CP rant and some people weren't too thrilled so I deleted it. But here goes, I'll try again. I have never been an employee of Canada Post yet I worked under the table for someone who did work for a delivery service that delivered packages sent thru Canada Post. Essentially we sorted parcels in the morning, tossing them up to 20 feet across a room and smashing several Franklin Mint plates in the process(now you know why things get broken) we were told not to worry about Fragile labels as it didn't matter. We loaded our vans(our van, not supplied by CP) and started delivering parcels by 7:30am ish. We were paid at that time .65 cents a parcel. No offense, but if anyone in an apartment building thought we were waiting 5-10 minutes for them for .65 cents, not to mention the van is still running, it wasn't happening. I was working with a girl(she drove, I scanned and delivered) and she made out all the cards while I was delivering a parcel. The cards were given to the sorters at CP so sometimes they got in that days mail, sometimes they didn't make it until the next day. All parcels have to be delivered somewhere that day, especially if they are scanned. So don't always assume its Canada Posts fault. It could very well be the outsourced, underpaid and under the table friend of a friend who is delivering your package!
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

@brenran99: interesting info, I didn't know CP outsource delivery services, but anyway this was a legit CP worker in a CP marked truck.

As for the other issue, I'd rather him DID the delivery (without ringing the door bell) than just gave me the card and I have to walk all the way to the Post Office which is quite a distance. This week's gonna be fun, I have 3 parcels in transit.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

We should be looking up those annual reports to see how the corporation is explaining all these details as part of its operations.
    walkonby likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information