User Tag List

Page 558 of 613 FirstFirst ... 58 458 508 548 556 557 558 559 560 568 608 ... LastLast
Results 8,356 to 8,370 of 9181
Like Tree19379Likes

Thread: PC Plus Programme

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Anyone heard anything about when they might lift the ban on using PC points to redeem for gift cards? I like being able to use my points to get gift cards for other stores like Chapters, Best Buy and Home Depot (for things you obviously can't buy at RCSS--unless someone can tell me which aisle paint is in?).
    ROMEO, Silk, Ciel and 3 others like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Everybody, today is the day to save your offers. Don't forget.
    ROMEO, Silk, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    My Orange key is 24496925S1

Drop referral code:q6n0i https://www.earnwithdrop.com/

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kiwis-mom View Post
    Anyone heard anything about when they might lift the ban on using PC points to redeem for gift cards? I like being able to use my points to get gift cards for other stores like Chapters, Best Buy and Home Depot (for things you obviously can't buy at RCSS--unless someone can tell me which aisle paint is in?).

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they will be lifting the ban .

Loblaws is using this opportunity (i.e. the theft of PC points) to discontinue allowing points to be redeemed for gift cards because there is a very low margin on them. That's not to say they will never lift the ban, but for now it is on hold indefinitely.

I am bummed about this too as I like being able to choose what I want to buy with my points, and not being limited to what Loblaws sells in their stores.
    ROMEO, Silk, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

That is so frustrating. I am not happy about that at all. I don't just want to use my points for food....I have being using my PC Debit card for years (well before PC PLUS) and have always liked the added perk of being able to use my points for whatever I liked.

Not happy---might be switching to a different card to get more use out my money.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsD View Post

Loblaws is using this opportunity (i.e. the theft of PC points) to discontinue allowing points to be redeemed for gift cards because there is a very low margin on them. That's not to say they will never lift the ban, but for now it is on hold indefinitely.

I am bummed about this too as I like being able to choose what I want to buy with my points, and not being limited to what Loblaws sells in their stores.
    Silk, Ciel, dededi and 1 others like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I have an offer for 3000 pts wus $30. If I redeem 30,000 pts, would I still get the 3000 pts? Thanks!
    ROMEO, Ciel, flemeth and 1 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kiwis-mom View Post
    That is so frustrating. I am not happy about that at all. I don't just want to use my points for food....I have being using my PC Debit card for years (well before PC PLUS) and have always liked the added perk of being able to use my points for whatever I liked.

Not happy---might be switching to a different card to get more use out my money.

I hear ya. I was ready to give up my PC Mastercard as well. But then my husband said, "What's the difference if you use points to save $100 on groceries or use points to buy a $100 gift card? You are still saving $100...Take the money you save on groceries and buy a gift card". I suppose he has a point, lol.

I wonder what would happen you threw a gift card in with your groceries and tell them you want to redeem some points. Would that even work??
    ROMEO, Ciel, super807 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

I hear ya. I was ready to give up my PC Mastercard as well. But then my husband said, "What's the difference if you use points to save $100 on groceries or use points to buy a $100 gift card? You are still saving $100...Take the money you save on groceries and buy a gift card". I suppose he has a point, lol.

I wonder what would happen you threw a gift card in with your groceries and tell them you want to redeem some points. Would that even work??
    I dont believe so. Last week I called to inquire as I noticed the signs have been taken down saying you couldn't redeem for a GC. Asked my cashier and I was told unofficially she thought it was ok but not confirmed yet. So i called to ask. Customer service said the store should have known the answer to that, and no you still can't redeem for gift cards and will be atleast a few months time before you are able to.

At the end of the day money is money but my PC Plus points is a way for me to treat myself by buying a GC to another store for clothing, dining out, movies, gifts for friends and family etc.

Groceries are good too but get bored with that sometimes!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    Ciel likes this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    I have an offer for 3000 pts wus $30. If I redeem 30,000 pts, would I still get the 3000 pts? Thanks!
    No
    Silk and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I was not aware of the new opportunity. Could you give me some more details? Please let me know where you were able to get information on Loblaws strategy about discontinuing points for gift card redemptions. Thanks
    Ciel likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My husband knows someone who works at their head office. I don't have any other details.
    Ciel likes this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    No
    Thanks, flemeth. I realized I had a bunch of coupons to use so OOP was below a redemption level.

But I just looked at the details of the offer and it makes me wonder if it would work. Although it says after redemptions, it also says after coupons. My subtotal was $31 amd I used about $27 worth of coupons today and got the 3000 pts. Also wondering why the details talks about a minimum redemption:

Here's what the offer details say:

For every $30 spent in store before applicable taxes and after all other coupons, discounts and PC point redemptions are deducted, in a single transaction at any participating store location (excludes purchase of tobacco, alcohol products, prescriptions, gift cards, phone cards, lottery tickets, all non-participating third party operations and any other products which are provincially regulated) you will earn the points indicated. Product availability may vary by store. We are not obligated to award points based on errors or misprints. Minimum redemption 20,000 points. See terms & conditions for redemption restrictions.
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thanks, flemeth. I realized I had a bunch of coupons to use so OOP was below a redemption level.

But I just looked at the details of the offer and it makes me wonder if it would work. Although it says after redemptions, it also says after coupons. My subtotal was $31 amd I used about $27 worth of coupons today and got the 3000 pts. Also wondering why the details talks about a minimum redemption:

For every $30 spent in store before applicable taxes and after all other coupons, discounts and PC point redemptions are deducted, in a single transaction at any participating store location (excludes purchase of tobacco, alcohol products, prescriptions, gift cards, phone cards, lottery tickets, all non-participating third party operations and any other products which are provincially regulated) you will earn the points indicated. Product availability may vary by store. We are not obligated to award points based on errors or misprints. Minimum redemption 20,000 points. See terms & conditions for redemption restrictions.
    You can used the coupons it works as cash once your total is $30.00 before coupons you will get the points.I usually save all my FPC for this kind of offer
    Ciel and maple7 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Fortinos' new flyer today (posted online) is showing a page with items that have PC Plus points along with the usual points offers showing in different departments. Wish that would be done in each flyer-consolidate all the offers to the same page(s).

Noticed the 2 for $5 PC yard bags offer is on! Happens about 3x per year-stock up if you need bags.
    sweetmomma likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    You can used the coupons it works as cash once your total is $30.00 before coupons you will get the points.I usually save all my FPC for this kind of offer

I know it works with coupons - as I said my total OOP was $4 ($3.96 to be exact) after coupons and I got the points My point is that the offer says get 3000 pts wus $30 AFTER redemptions, just like it says AFTER coupons. But we know it's not true about AFTER coupons. So maybe it's also not true about AFTER redemptions. Maybe it would work if its $30 BEFORE redemptions just the way it works BEFORE coupons!

Anyone brave enough to try?
    dededi likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I know it works with coupons - as I said my total OOP was $4 ($3.96 to be exact) after coupons and I got the points My point is that the offer says get 3000 pts wus $30 AFTER redemptions, just like it says AFTER coupons. But we know it's not true about AFTER coupons. So maybe it's also not true about AFTER redemptions. Maybe it would work if its $30 BEFORE redemptions just the way it works BEFORE coupons!

Anyone brave enough to try?
    I did and did not get the points that was like over a year when I was just starting to collect points but at the time I was kind of shock that I didn't get the points so I called customer service and the explain it to me but the did give me the points since I was unaware about how it works. Don't know now
    Silk and dededi like this.

Thread Information