User Tag List

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By trulyblessed
  • 1 Post By luvfreestuff
  • 1 Post By fullmetaljacket

Thread: First impressions of Target

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

My wife and I visited the Bonnie Doon Target and have to say we were very underwhelmed. It has a small grocery section but the prices were not very competitive with WalMart. We found one item out of 18 that was cheaper due to either a sale or opening special. Their Archer Farms house brand was very prevalent but not attractive pricewise.

I was wondering what others may have found.
    This thread is currently associated with: Target, Walmart

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

personally, IMO, I thought the whole store sucked. I did not have very high expectations, and my expectations were met LOL. Their clothes are horrible, no better prices on anything than any other store and I myself will probably not be returning, unless they have some spectacular sales. As much as I hate Walmart and Superstore, they are better options as far as I am concerned.
    pippinelkhound, Poirot and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

I have been to the Target in West Ed as well as the one in Sherwood Park. I did pick up a couple things but only because I had a coupon and with my rebate from checkout 51 I was able to get it free. I could have picked up that deal at any other retailer though, it was just convenient as I was at Target. Their prices are really nothing spectacular and IMO not competitive with other retailers. Their self checkouts are really nice but using coupons at a self checkout can be quite a hassle as you cannot enter them yourself. I really like that they pricematch as they are so close to where I work, but I don't think even that will entice me to shop there.
    pippinelkhound likes this.
    *****Don't you wish you were earning free gifts and rewards too?*****
    Join me at SWAGBUCKS and you could earn $450 a year just like me AND ALSO
    Register with iRazoo where I have earned $135 in amazon gc's in under 4 months

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I browsed the one in Sherwood Park the first day it was open for 15 mins, we were at the mall exhanging shoes anyways. I wasn't really impressed, I mostly checked out the girls clothing section with my daughter and it was anything exciting for the prices.
    Wanna make some spare cash? Check out Clixsense: http://www.clixsense.com/?5382267

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I was at the one in St Albert, to me, it's pretty much Zellers all over again, same brands, small food section and prices that are the same or higher then Walmart, not sure why there was such hype for Target.... Didn't impress me at all
    Poirot likes this.

aww
    Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I'm happy for another store to be around that will pricematch other places. They do limit coupons to four of the same coupons per customer per day - which to me is nice because I'm hoping it will eliminate shelf clearing. I like that they have some different variety of things (kids party decoration, home decor), most of their Crest toothpastes including kids, was $1.97 which is cheaper than most places. They have a whole different Mr. Clean line than I've seen anywhere else, which is kind of cool (like mops and stuff)

Thread Information