User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By precisiongreens1

Thread: Articles and tips for conserving fresh cuts flowers more time!!! :)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

From the '''May Savings Frugal Chatter Thread'' about a question I asked.

On another note: Anyone have a tip to preserve flowers longer ?(the fresh one cut in vases)?

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13688185360839

From Natalka savy advices :

Change water every two days, cut the bottoms, strip off any leaves or flowers so they aren't immersed in the water, take off any drying/dying leaves or flowers.
    I've tried aspirin, putting a penny in, adding sugar - don't seem to make a difference at all.
    It's always good to have an extra packet of the flower stuff they give you to use during the next water change.

I think the quality of the flowers matters right from the beginning. Note, that doesn't always mean price... though sometimes it does.

When I get a bouquet of flowers from a 'real' florist, it's absolutely amazing how long they keep - two weeks plus.
    Most often, husband or son or even me will buy flowers from Safeway - they are usually really good and last a decent amount of time. That's roses, or mixed bunches like carnations, etc.

For Mother's Day my son got me flowers, and gave them to me last Saturday. They are still in their original water, and I am just going to change the water today. They are practically as good as they were on day one. He told me yesterday he got them at Sobey's (usually they don't have good selection, so I haven't bought from there much).
    There are carnations, mums, altstroemeria, and daisies - and they still smell great, too.
    I have one of those packets so I'll use it in the new water - and only one carnation has died.

This thread is currently associated with: Safeway
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

you can also use mummification methodology. For this option you will need to mix equal part of baking soda and sea salt together.
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by precisiongreens1 View Post
    you can also use mummification methodology. For this option you will need to mix equal part of baking soda and sea salt together.
    Did you try it? Do you need to change water or it will last? Thank you
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Thread Information