User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Shopping at shoppers drugs mart help!!!!! Info needed thank you

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Hi Everyone

I am hoping someone could please help me understand how to shop at Shoppers drug mart and use coupons on the 20X points or spend $50 or $75 or more ect

So I already have a Shoppers card for years I rarely shop there because I've had issues with the cashiers and I may not know all the rules and benefits shopping there to get the points

I already know how to use coupons and stuff just not sure if I can use coupons for the Spend $75 or more and get 18,500 maybe the cashier will say no or something?

So on June 3 to June 7 I was thinking I wanted to go to shoppers and hopefully spend $75 worth of products or more to get the 18,500 points

For example to give me an idea how this works if I wanted to buy 38 Green works @ $1.99 each my total before taxes would be $75.62

Then would I be allowed to used x38 $1.50 of any green works to bring my total to $22.42 ?
    (note my coupons are printed not sure they will accept them as I have had issues before)Probably won't have that many items on the shelf either but just to give me an idea how it works

Does my balance have to be exactly $75 or more after coupons?

Oh another question do the (Free product coupons) count towards purchases I heard they don't but just wanted to see if there have been changes.

I also see in the flyer it says get both free a $10 shoppers card and $10 tim hortons cards
    Would I get these too?

This is the flyer I am looking at http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/355542-...2013-a-canada/

So if this is allowed technically I would get all of it free with 18,500 points on my card that I can use towards future purchases?

when is the best time to use my points?

I really hope someone can please help me understand it all before I go shopping there.

Please explain it with every detail as I am a bit of a slow learner lol
    I tried looking at the coupon policy but I am still not sure of everything

Thanks in advance to any future comments
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart, Tim Hortons

Trading Score
    185 (100%)

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Also, using internet-printed coupons is varied from store-to-store, so please make sure your Shoppers will accept them as well before going through more hassle
    mandy403 likes this.
    "Expecto Patronum!" - Harry Potter

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

The Tim Horton/SDM gift card event does not take place the same time as the 18, 500 event takes place so depending on what day you shop you can get ONE or the other event promo.

As for getting 18, 500 when you spent $75.00 Your PRE TAX needs to be $75. or more.
    Any coupons that are NOT FPC will bring your total down under $75 but you will STILL GET POINTS. Any FPC that bring your total UNDER $75 will prevent you from getting the points.

So your case above with the Green Works is correct. Before Taxes is over $75. After coupons you are well below $75 but you will still get your points.

Basically if you are not getting a free product then you are going to get points.
    Insane and mandy403 like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    The Tim Horton/SDM gift card event does not take place the same time as the 18, 500 event takes place so depending on what day you shop you can get ONE or the other event promo.

As for getting 18, 500 when you spent $75.00 Your PRE TAX needs to be $75. or more.
    Any coupons that are NOT FPC will bring your total down under $75 but you will STILL GET POINTS. Any FPC that bring your total UNDER $75 will prevent you from getting the points.

So your case above with the Green Works is correct. Before Taxes is over $75. After coupons you are well below $75 but you will still get your points.

Basically if you are not getting a free product then you are going to get points.
    Just to add, BOGO/B1G1 coupons - only the one item you pay for will count towards your total, not the free item.

In regard to printed coupons - the more printed coupons you have, the more likely they will think they are photocopies.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post

Shoppers told me that I wouldn't get 18,500 because the Promo says after discounts, and before taxes my subtotal must be $75 even after I use coupons. If I used the coupons I wouldn't get the double points (only the regular points) because my total would be $22.42 under the $75 ect

Please correct me if this is wrong ?

Thanks to everyone who's commented
    Peachykeen2007 likes this.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

don't listen to Shoppers and don't listen to ANY cashier - if you follow the above rules you will get your points - only thing is I don't know any Shopper's that would have 38 of any 1 item in stock unless you pre-ordered

Quote Originally Posted by mandy403 View Post
    Shoppers told me that I wouldn't get 18,500 because the Promo says after discounts, and before taxes my subtotal must be $75 even after I use coupons. If I used the coupons I wouldn't get the double points (only the regular points) because my total would be $22.42 under the $75 ect

torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mandy403 View Post

Their official policy states this is not true, but cashiers often say it
    Insane and torontogal12 like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Their official policy states this is not true, but cashiers often say it

I talk to head office and this is what the lady told me

Maybe I should call back

she said the coupons are discounts and I would have to buy more to get the double points

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

https://www.facebook.com/shoppersdru...08364015870141
    http://files.shoppersdrugmart.ca/cou...guidelines.pdf

Coupons that meet the above requirements, with the exception of coupons for free product, qualifytowards the spend threshold for promotional events (20x Event, Tim Hortons Event,

etc.)

Insane and web3 like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

[QUOTE=FallenPixels;5463470]https://www.facebook.com/shoppersdru...08364015870141
    http://files.shoppersdrugmart.ca/cou...guidelines.pdf

Thank you I contacted Shoppers on Facebook and this was there response

Hello Amanda, Please be advised that as long as it's a value off coupon then you should still be able to receive your bonus points. However if they are coupons for free product then that will prevent you from receiving bonus points if the spending threshold is not met. Hopefully this clears things up a bit. Regards, Kofi Customer Service
    FallenPixels likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Yup
    I generally don't ask SDM anything because they have no clue, you could speak to 5 people there and get 5 completely different answers
    Insane, bibiee, Venuila and 3 others like this.
    ~ ~ ~

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Yup
    I generally don't ask SDM anything because they have no clue, you could speak to 5 people there and get 5 completely different answers
    also we don't want to ask too many questions regarding spend x get y points or they may catch on and ruin it for all of us

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

For the automatic points events like the spend x get y points, you don't have to worry about what the cashier says.

When it's an event like the promo cards, or when they have to scan the coupon to get your points, that's when it becomes an issue - I tend to avoid these events, unless I'm certain my total will above the minimum after coupons.

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

It does work but if you do this alot they may f.l.a.g your account.
    Last edited by carlyincanada; Wed, May 29th, 2013 at 01:42 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information