User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: Giving away coupons - Reactions

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i have been doing this too, and 100% of the time I get a "thank you" back! I just tell them this is going to save you a few bucks! and they are happy after I told them that and almost every time, they will ask me "did you have enough for yourself?" I will say "I won't be needing them myself anyways".
    Last edited by cinpow; Wed, May 29th, 2013 at 07:56 PM.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

I laugh because a few months ago i see a lady in Walmart put some Carnation Milk in her cart i think it was $.99,i have some coupons for a $1.00 off that were expiring in a few days.I asked her if she would like some coupons for the Carnation milk as i wouldn't be using them.She said sure that was the only milk her family used,i gave her 15 coupons,she looks at me and says that makes them all free.She was so happy.I don't think she could thank me enough,it 's nice when people really appreciate the gesture
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    324 (100%)

speechless about the guy and woman
    they definitely do not deserve the coupons

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I did it a few times but have now stopped because I found some people to push you. I gave out a couple last year when there were the save $1 WUB 2 Minute Maid and they were on sale for $0.49/each at Frescho. I had my needs covered gave two coupons to one guy who than harassed me to give him the coupons I was using for my own purchases as why did I get more for free than he did. He actually started following me around the store and just keep asking for my coupons I was using.

Another time I gave a woman a coupon for cereal she said thank you and than went on to ask what else I could give her when I said sorry that is all I have today she looked at my coupon bag which was closed so she could not see in it and called me greedy.

Or I have had a few look at me and say I do not use coupons with various other things tacked on like I have money to pay for my groceries.

So unless I see someone with coupons I do not offer.
    YOU AND ME likes this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I usually just give coupons out to my favourite cashiers, so they can get in on the deal too- especially if I am price matching. I end up giving them both flyer and coupons if I've got what I need! I've made a good friend(s) this way.

Other times it'll be at check out, to the person behind me. When I have a huge order, I let the person know that it'll take a while and if the he/she is nice about it, and decides to wait I'll give them coupons for items they have. Or even share my flyers if they don't mind and actually seem interested in saving money.

That's it though. I don't usually stop people to give them coupons while they're shopping. I feel like I'm snooping in their cart, lol.
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I feel a little awkward, so i usually leave them on the shelf.
    If i see an elderly person who is just buying bare minimum essentials, and i get a vibe that maybe they are limited in their resources (i might be wrong) i will try and see if they are buying something that i have a coupon for.

i have directly handed them to a few people, but not lately.

thankfully i have never had grumpy or greedy interactions so far.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Never stop learning... Big Pink's Avatar
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

My most common comment is, "Do you work for the company?"
    “Give the world the best you have and you may get hurt. Give the world your best anyway.” – Mother Teresa

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I have given coupons away and most of the time I got a thank you. Sometimes they are very gratefull and happy and a few times just gave a smile and quietly walked away, but most of the time it's positive. I usualy try to keep an eye out for those who seem to need it or those who would apreciate it. I love helping out the elderly the most cause they seem to love more.
    Last edited by C.RoyCanada; Wed, May 29th, 2013 at 08:23 PM.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I usually get a thank you but I don't do it often. It will depend on the day and how shy or tired am I that day. One time I saw a lady who couldn't decide what feminine pads to take, a few brands were on sales. So instead of saying "here, this may help you in your choice", I said "now you can decide". In french, it's borderline rude. I apologize and she laughed but still, I'm more careful now. Instead I bring baggies full to work so they do not go to waste.

New to SC, not trades! :)
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

One time I gave away a sausage FPC to an elderly couple while in the grocery store, since I dont eat red meat, and they cried! They told me they could hardly afford meat anymore, they were so thankful, they cried, I cried, it was so sad! I offered to give them help with groceries in the future, but they declined. I LOVE COUPONING!

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I gave a woman in front of me a $0.50 coupon for something she was purchasing and when she was done paying she gave me a FPC for any keurig coffee!
    i have only had positive responses, thank goodness!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i don't give coupons to random people. some might be offended that i think they're poor and can't afford groceries, of course, it's just their misconceptions about couponers.

i only give coupons to strangers who make friendly comments such as "wow, that's a nice deal you've got there" or "amazing, where did you get these."

once i gave a couple of olymel $2.50 coupons to a lady behind me, she couldn't believe it, kept saying "are you sure? don't give me if you don't have many left." she went on about how she bought olymel chicken the week before when it was on sale at $8 and she had some $2 coupons at the time but had since used them all. i said to her "get some now, they're on sale at 2/$10, with 2x $2.50 coupons, you get two boxes for only $5."

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    179 (100%)

I have always had good reactions from cashiers and people in the store. Sad to hear that some people are so rude about anothers kindness.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I was buying baby formula for my son at superstore. Saw a couple grab a box of Similac ready to feed Nursers ( small bottles of 60ml). I had a bunch of $5 off coupon so I said "hi. I noticed u r gonna buy that. I have a $5 off coupon for it that I won't use. U can have it."
    l
    the item was 11.96 reg price

I got a weird puzzled look. The wife accepted the coupon and carried on. As she left the baby formula section she thank me.

I do get looked at a lot as I have a lil clear plastic file for coupons, mainly baby coupons..
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I only ever give them out to people in line now a days. Its not worth the hassle otherwise. I love seeing people infront of me pricematching and using coupons and if they don't have a flyer for something I know is on sale I will offer them use of it to price match an item they couldn't but were going to buy anyways. I'll also offer them coupons for things as well if they don't have them. Thats for people both ahead and behind me.

For people who get behind me despite me warning them I generally don't offer coupons but do offer my flyers to price match if I know something they are getting is on sale elsewhere.

It really all depends on how friendly the people in line are.
    oscarandme likes this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Well I do offer coupons regularly as most coupons I just cannot use ( for the most part GF, DF when I am good, ) and I do love the reactions I've gotten from people that seem to have no idea coupons exist, lol. They gush and thank me, but today I just shelved the ones beside the products as WM was almost empty of shopper's at 8:30 a.m.
    oscarandme likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information