User Tag List

Page 232 of 390 FirstFirst ... 132 182 222 230 231 232 233 234 242 282 332 ... LastLast
Results 3,466 to 3,480 of 5850
Like Tree42956Likes

Thread: Christmas In July Package Train!!! Read Post 3242!!! (pg 217)

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bluzsuz View Post
    Just wondering - anyone else here a control freak???
    maybe LOL
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by julesie-pie View Post
    The munchkin is singing Jingle Bells at the top of her lungs!! & the best part I haven't enlightened her to Christmas in July yet, this is just life with a toddler!
    Lucas loves to sing that too, he has been entertaining everyon with his version for the last couple months (yes, months!!):

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells
    Jingle all the way, oh what fun it is to ride a cow!

He LOVES cows

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gwennad View Post
    I did all the wrapping, but my cat sat in the box while I was packing. I did make sure he was still at home before I mailed
    My buddy will find tiny kitten teeth marks and claw marks on her packages, as well as cat fur since Quincy can't resist a box, whether it has stuff in it or not
    Jezebel, Momto2Ks, gwennad and 7 others like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Hi all - so, a couple of posts to address. Please make sure you're "liking" post 3242/3243 as your packages arrive Photos of any 'open now' gifts are more than welcome!

JulieJolie - no worries about the thing that's the mini version...I have no idea what you're talking about at the moment but I'm sure it's more than fine <3

Re: sunscreen - did anyone find differences between sunscreens? Other than Hawaiin Tropic cause that is DEFINITELY not cool. I'm sorry Jenny that your little man had to go through that I was choking back tears just looking at him. I couldn't imagine. Ugh. Is he doing better now though? I agree - you should call and ask for a manager etc. I'd try calling back and giving them another chance to have a non jacka$$ rep (definitely mention the customer service experience you had with the last rep because I'm sure you're calling in to a contact centre and the company probably wants to know about it). Pat Foran actually just did a consumer report on sunscreens last week, and Coppertone (I think?) was one of the top rated ones. They didn't mention the other brands, but I remember being surprised that the brand that came back with the top test results for efficacy was one of the cheaper/mid priced brands, versus other more expensive stuff that you would think would be 'better.' I haven't looked up the results yet.

We are going to try eliminating wheat from Alexa's diet again. I tried her on wheat about a month or two ago, and she got a rash from anywhere it came into contact with her skin. Her doctor suggested trying again in a bit and just watching her for more reactions. We waited about a month and then I've slowly started reintroducing it. In the past week, she's had bits of bread, an English muffin, hot dog bun, and wheat pablum. I'm wondering if this is what's caused the dry skin (It looks like eczema dry skin, and today it's reddish). She's not itchy, but I'm sure she's more uncomfortable from the teeth coming through in the top, versus a few spots on her arms. So, wheat is out again and we'll see if it clears up. I was just a little surprised because she hasn't had any diaper rashes, eczema etc thus far (knock on wood!). I think I've used Vaseline on her bum twice when she was getting a little red from sleeping 11 hours straight. Other than that we've been SUPER lucky. Rice and quinoa were a hit last night though...hilarious!

So - here's a 'parenting' type question for others. As you all know, I got married a few weeks ago. Instead of a traditional guest book, we ordered a personalized print of trees, with leaves where people could sign their names and the print is framed etc for us to hang in our bedroom. Don has a 15 and 17 year old brother (from his dad's 2nd marriage). So, while they're technically my brother-in-laws, they're still just kids. Usually it's not a big deal for us because they're good kids, and the only time we have to be 'parental' are on things like 'don't get stupid drunk at the wedding and only ask us or Tom (Don's full-brother who is 31) for drinks'... (things like that where it's more of a safety thing etc). So, the boys signed the print 'Pam and Jerkface" and "Pam and Jerk", Congrats love so and so etc. While we get that they were trying to be funny (because Don and them call each other jerkface and stuff as jokes all the time), I'm pretty irritated that they did that. I don't exactly want 'jerkface' being framed on our wall. So, the company that sent us the print, accidentally sent us a second one, and I'm contemplating cutting out a couple of leaves, mailing them to the boys, and asking them to sign their names again so that I can cover up their stupid ones. By emailing them and explaining that I while I get that they were being funny/joking, it was a poorly chosen place to write that, and that I'd like to be able to include a proper signature from them on the print so I'm mailing them blanks etc....is that over stepping? I want them to understand that a) I'm not "mad", but b) we're not 100% impressed/it's not cool. We'd talk to their parents (Don's dad/stepmom) but we're currently not speaking to them because they're huge a$$'s and are officially cut off (haven't spoken to them since the wedding). Thoughts?

And yes, I'm a huge control freak (As is perhaps indicated by my love of spreadsheets and the fact that I'm either going to cover my BIL's names with blank leaves, or ask them to 're-do' their nonsense). Lol
    Last edited by PammieD; Wed, Jul 3rd, 2013 at 11:07 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PammieD View Post
    Hi all - so, a couple of posts to address. Please make sure you're "liking" post 3242/3243 as your packages arrive Photos of any 'open now' gifts are more than welcome!

JulieJolie - no worries about the thing that's the mini version...I have no idea what you're talking about at the moment but I'm sure it's more than fine <3

Re: sunscreen - did anyone find differences between sunscreens? Other than Hawaiin Tropic cause that is DEFINITELY not cool. I'm sorry Jenny that your little man had to go through that I was choking back tears just looking at him. I couldn't imagine. Ugh. Is he doing better now though? I agree - you should call and ask for a manager etc. I'd try calling back and giving them another chance to have a non jacka$$ rep (definitely mention the customer service experience you had with the last rep because I'm sure you're calling in to a contact centre and the company probably wants to know about it). Pat Foran actually just did a consumer report on sunscreens last week, and Coppertone (I think?) was one of the top rated ones. They didn't mention the other brands, but I remember being surprised that the brand that came back with the top test results for efficacy was one of the cheaper/mid priced brands, versus other more expensive stuff that you would think would be 'better.' I haven't looked up the results yet.

We are going to try eliminating wheat from Alexa's diet again. I tried her on wheat about a month or two ago, and she got a rash from anywhere it came into contact with her skin. Her doctor suggested trying again in a bit and just watching her for more reactions. We waited about a month and then I've slowly started reintroducing it. In the past week, she's had bits of bread, an English muffin, hot dog bun, and wheat pablum. I'm wondering if this is what's caused the dry skin (It looks like eczema dry skin, and today it's reddish). She's not itchy, but I'm sure she's more uncomfortable from the teeth coming through in the top, versus a few spots on her arms. So, wheat is out again and we'll see if it clears up. I was just a little surprised because she hasn't had any diaper rashes, eczema etc thus far (knock on wood!). I think I've used Vaseline on her bum twice when she was getting a little red from sleeping 11 hours straight. Other than that we've been SUPER lucky. Rice and quinoa were a hit last night though...hilarious!

So - here's a 'parenting' type question for others. As you all know, I got married a few weeks ago. Instead of a traditional guest book, we ordered a personalized print of trees, with leaves where people could sign their names and the print is framed etc for us to hang in our bedroom. Don has a 15 and 17 year old brother (from his dad's 2nd marriage). So, while they're technically my brother-in-laws, they're still just kids. Usually it's not a big deal for us because they're good kids, and the only time we have to be 'parental' are on things like 'don't get stupid drunk at the wedding and only ask us or Tom (Don's full-brother who is 31) for drinks'... (things like that where it's more of a safety thing etc). So, the boys signed the print 'Pam and Jerkface" and "Pam and Jerk", Congrats love so and so etc. While we get that they were trying to be funny (because Don and them call each other jerkface and stuff as jokes all the time), I'm pretty irritated that they did that. I don't exactly want 'jerkface' being framed on our wall. So, the company that sent us the print, accidentally sent us a second one, and I'm contemplating cutting out a couple of leaves, mailing them to the boys, and asking them to sign their names again so that I can cover up their stupid ones. By emailing them and explaining that I while I get that they were being funny/joking, it was a poorly chosen place to write that, and that I'd like to be able to include a proper signature from them on the print so I'm mailing them blanks etc....is that over stepping? I want them to understand that a) I'm not "mad", but b) we're not 100% impressed/it's not cool. We'd talk to their parents (Don's dad/stepmom) but we're currently not speaking to them because they're huge a$$'s and are officially cut off (haven't spoken to them since the wedding). Thoughts?

And yes, I'm a huge control freak (As is perhaps indicated by my love of spreadsheets and the fact that I'm either going to cover my BIL's names with blank leaves, or ask them to 're-do' their nonsense). Lol
    for sunscreen all we've ever used on Trent is Ombrelle.

For your guest poster you are not overstepping at all

Trading Score
    208 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Armygirl76 View Post
    Im glad just checking that you know that Hailey was the girls buddy her presents are below mine lol
    Yep! I am- but I haven't had my tea yet today- brain working slowly. Sorry. Thank you to both you and Hailey for making this what is sure to be an AMAZING July. I also forgot to mention the 6 Kindereggs as an added Open Me now! The girls are excited to have one after lunch. They are feeling them up trying to decide what one to open today... Silly kids

Smart Canuck Norma Mackay-Rempel's Avatar
    Trading Score
    154 (100%)

Good morning everyone! No mail truck yet....still waiting patiently!

I don't think you are overstepping at all I think that they should and would understand totally. It is a keepsake for your wedding after all.

Quote Originally Posted by PammieD View Post

Join me in earning Gift Cards with Swagbucks!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/lnrempel

Trading Score
    134 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Momto2Ks View Post
    Yep! I am- but I haven't had my tea yet today- brain working slowly. Sorry. Thank you to both you and Hailey for making this what is sure to be an AMAZING July. I also forgot to mention the 6 Kindereggs as an added Open Me now! The girls are excited to have one after lunch. They are feeling them up trying to decide what one to open today... Silly kids
    oh good I am very nervous loosing 2 weeks sucked I hope everything is okay, I messed up on one thing it should be okay when it comes up I will let you know. I am very excited for my homemade gift. Hailey had a blast she really loved having little girls to buy for. Your lists were fantastic. I can't wait for 15 July

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away"

"because tomorrow is another day"

Trading Score
    208 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Armygirl76 View Post
    oh good I am very nervous loosing 2 weeks sucked I hope everything is okay, I messed up on one thing it should be okay when it comes up I will let you know. I am very excited for my homemade gift. Hailey had a blast she really loved having little girls to buy for. Your lists were fantastic. I can't wait for 15 July
    I guarantee you it will be great! There is no messing up- only being creative

Trading Score
    393 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dlee View Post
    Jezebel!! Not sure if you read on the thread...I posted earlier. I got the package but I'm not doing so great as haven't even been able to open it.

Ladies...I slept all day only waking up for a bit to goto the washroom and see my family for half an hour.

Haven't really eaten in two days either. I feel like I am withering away. And I'm scared. I haven't felt this way in a long time since the last time I struggled with depression.
    Dlee.... oh hon... I'm so sad reading this and hearing all the bad stuff that's been happening for you. hugs*** if you need someone to talk to, we can skype each other. When you're ready, give me a shout and we'll exchange skype information if you have it. If I can help in any way, even just be a listening shoulder... I'm here for you, as are many of us who care about you and your wellbeing. Stay strong lady! Have faith that things are meant to happen and if it's meant to be, everything will be alright. I know at this moment, it feels like you're caved in with all this misery and depression... but try to have hope and/or direction. This will only make you stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by nat77 View Post
    Well that is odd...... Just sayin'.

LOL.... are you my buddy??

Quote Originally Posted by slambert View Post
    My post man does that all the time, marks things as delivered and then gets around to actually delivering it a day or two later. GRRR
    That might be it!

So, I just went on the CP website to see if I could get a refund because my package wasn't delivered on time and when I entered the tracking number, JulieJolie's postal code came up with the right postal code, but a different street address, and it wouldn't let me change the street address on the claim. BUT, I know for a fact I wrote the correct street address on the box. Weird. I'll be anxious to know when you get your package, Julie!!!
    Different street address? Huh? Oh no, I hope it's not lost.

Buddy, your package is out for delivery!.... Again!

2013/07/03 06:46 YORK Item out for delivery
    2013/07/02 12:28 YORK Item out for delivery
    04:22 YORK Item processed at local delivery facility
    2013/06/30 17:34 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
    2013/06/28 21:15 OTTAWA Item processed at postal facility
    14:50 NEPEAN Item accepted at the Post Office

Looks like maybe they noticed the mistake yesterday and today they are finally going to deliver my package to me properly. YEAH!!! I actually guessed right this time... Nat, so you are MY buddy! Can't wait, so excited. I'm at work right now but I'll check in with DH to see if it's come and let you know asap. DH & DD are home today.

Subscribe to my youtube channel for weekly VLOG updates on deals, couponing, & price matching. Happy couponing!
    www.youtube.com/user/SavvyCouponingMomJ

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Oh man... got a panicked call from daycare, apparently my kid found a dead chipmunk in their yard and picked it up. They yelled at him to drop it, which he did, and then he put his hands up to his mouth (probably to wipe his nose which has been runny lately). They cleaned him up with soap & water, even hand sanitizer. But want to know if I want to take him to the doctor... I'm not aware of any diseases that can be passed from chipmunks. But holy smokes... only my kid!!

Smart Canuck Norma Mackay-Rempel's Avatar
    Trading Score
    154 (100%)

What a nice surprise I had this morning.....a big box addressed to me. Yipee! hehe
    Thank you so much buddy! Ok....I am going to guess it is from Peachykeen? Am I right?????
    So excited......thank you! Ok gotta go sort the mail now.....be back on in a little while!
    Join me in earning Gift Cards with Swagbucks!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/lnrempel

Trading Score
    232 (100%)

although I wanted to stay in bed all day today...I had to come to work as I have an interview. but I haven't slept for almost 2 whole days and feeling quite faint. uggggh.

thanks for being so supportive and patient ladies. I'm struggling right now. I don't know what to do and I don't know what's the right decision? how do you go from being sure you want to marry someone to not being sure at all? and how do you decide if that person is the right person? maybe some wisdom and thoughts from some of you ladies...although I know it's a personal decision.

as for the package...I'm going to open it tonight Jezebel and take a photo...so sorry.
    chesterjes likes this.

Trading Score
    232 (100%)

off to catch up...page 209 I think...
    coyote00 and chesterjes like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

Gwenad I haven't heard of anything but maybe a quick call to 811 to double check for sure before you make the trip in would be easier.

Thread Information