User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Walmart has the WORST customer service EVER!!!!

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugal Lisa View Post
    http://www.fin.gov.on.ca/en/guides/rst/511.html

I have this printed and keep it in my coupon book.
    Great idea. I'll do likewise .

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I just go to Metro. They are AWESOME about coupons and FPC's! Never taxes on FPC's ,and even if you have a coupon for other items, they tax you on the amount of the product after the coupon is taken off. Plus the cashiers at Metro are very nice. I find most of the cashiers at Walmart are rude, and uneducated. (Some are good though, and I try to go to them )
    Veronique86 likes this.

Trading Score
    51 (100%)

This issue with a FPC has been ongoing for years now... since retailers seem to differ from day to day on this issue it would be much easier if ALL manufacturers just print it on the coupons that the tax in included.... It would make things much easier IMO. I too am getting sick of arguing with cashiers about the tax on a FPC.
    panda bear and Veronique86 like this.
    $5.00 OFF I've been using Flashfood to get huge savings on groceries. I thought you’d want to try it out. Use my invite code for a freebie: https://flashfood.app.link/h49poEm9AP

Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Canadians are NOT required to pay tax on any prizes that we win.... Often we get a FPC that is from a contest win so there would not be tax on that either.
    Veronique86 likes this.
    $5.00 OFF I've been using Flashfood to get huge savings on groceries. I thought you’d want to try it out. Use my invite code for a freebie: https://flashfood.app.link/h49poEm9AP

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I haven't read all the responses but just wanted to note: The link provided on the first page for the No Tax FPC rule is EXPIRED. It is an archived page from when we had separate gst/pst.

The new document for HST is: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/gm/b-002/b-002-e.html
    Info for FPC is under the 'other' coupon section. Just FYI.
    Veronique86 likes this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I don't shop at walmart anymore. The treatment of their employee's soured me. They won't give women positions of power. A women in the USA was promised a store manager position and worked for 8 years, 8 YEARS.... did every single thing that was asked of her, and when all was said and done, she was told "We don't allow WOMEN to positions of power" There is a new documentary out. I watched it this winter while in the states. Walmart expects it's employee's both in the US and Canada to go to government funded programs for health care and food banks to make ends meet. They have shut down many family run businesses and made some areas into ghost towns as far as other small businesses in the areas.

WALMART, no thank you. I'd sooner pay the tax anywhere else that give Walmart a penny of my money, now, and in the future. I'm so sorry that happened to your dh, but WALMART doesn't give a dam and unless we all get on the same boat, they never will.
    xox2010, Shwa Girl and Veronique86 like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    I don't shop at walmart anymore. The treatment of their employee's soured me. They won't give women positions of power. A women in the USA was promised a store manager position and worked for 8 years, 8 YEARS.... did every single thing that was asked of her, and when all was said and done, she was told "We don't allow WOMEN to positions of power" There is a new documentary out. I watched it this winter while in the states. Walmart expects it's employee's both in the US and Canada to go to government funded programs for health care and food banks to make ends meet. They have shut down many family run businesses and made some areas into ghost towns as far as other small businesses in the areas.

WALMART, no thank you. I'd sooner pay the tax anywhere else that give Walmart a penny of my money, now, and in the future. I'm so sorry that happened to your dh, but WALMART doesn't give a dam and unless we all get on the same boat, they never will.
    I agree about how Walmart treats women and also part time workers - badly.
    A family friend in the US is a doctor and Walmart discontinued health benefits for part time workers. So the doctor needs to see medical insurance before treating the patient in the States. The family friend treats them anyway and eats the cost, because this doctor thinks it's unethical to send someone away who needs treatment badly.
    xox2010 and Veronique86 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

I don't like Walmart in general, and as a result try to avoid shopping there as much as possible. The customer service is generally pretty crappy and I don't really like some of their business practices.

When I have FPC on non-food items, I use them ad SDM as they code those differently in the system and tax does not get charged to the customer. It's too bad for the manufacturer though, because often the selling cost is higher than it would be at another store, so they reimburse more, but I don't want to pay the tax when I shouldn't be paying it.
    Veronique86 likes this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Yeh I always paid tex at walmart, no matter which Walmat ....
    Need a cheap but still reliable phone plan. Try Public Mobile. Plans starting from $15 ($13 with auto payment).
    Use code R8NLM8 or link when activate with Public Mobile and we both will get $10 bonus.
    Win some extra cash or gift cards. Try Swagbucks... ww.swagbucks.com/refer/uanoor

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information