User Tag List

Deal Hunter
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

I was wondering if anyone from Edmonton ever went across the border to do some shopping and if so where did you go (how long does it take to get there from Edmonton) How does it work with customs on grocery and beauty items?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Junior Canuck michellederek@shaw.ca's Avatar
    Trading Score
    309 (100%)

I always have a day shopping trip in Washington State whenever I visit family in the Lower Mainland.

Washington State will not charge you sales tax if you are from another province or state that is tax free! Tell them before you begin to ring things in and all you need is your Alberta Drivers License.

I have saved quite a bit of money. The Walmarts have "some" different products. But I do well at Kohl's, Target and JC Penny. You can save more if you get their credit cards. But make sure you pay your credit card purchase on the next transaction because it is a pain when they send it to you.

Rika
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I would be interested in more info on this topic

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

same here

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

me too.

CheapArmyGal
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

ME 3 OR 4 OR what ever number I am! Do I smell a Road Trip?? Camper is is already hooked up to the truck Bianka!!! When the wheels on the truck go round and round....

CaNewbie
    Spruce Grove - Work in the South Edmonton
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I go really south to Arizona. They get a Sunday paper that is as thick as a 3 inch binder....FULL of flyers and coupons. I have no problem getting up early on sunday mornings down there.
    I agree with [email protected] if you have the credit cards you get special discounts and sometimes extra savings sent to you. I just use my mother in laws...but its really worth it.
    The place I like the most is Khols and some weeks they do Kohls cash....you can't spend it till the following week usually but sometimes I time it right and get to spend it. I think its if you spend $50 you get $10 dollars to spend. And they usually have really good sales....I have found my last three dress for weddings on the clearance rack for less than 15 bucks...best thing...no one will be wearing the same thing. Did I mention how I like this store.

Rika
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

So I wonder where the nearest US destination is to here (Edmonton) that has a Khols .....

Deal Hunter
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

You know it girl. Totally up for a roadtrip but we have to find out more about it and we got to find out where we can get some US coupons from.... if we can put it together I am totally up for it... I love roadtrips...

Quote Originally Posted by JocelyneBauman View Post
    ME 3 OR 4 OR what ever number I am! Do I smell a Road Trip?? Camper is is already hooked up to the truck Bianka!!! When the wheels on the truck go round and round....

Rika
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I would love to be part of a road trip that was planned out ahead of time.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I do it all the time. I go where there is no state tax to maximize the benefits. It's approx a 9 hr drive from Edmonton and it's an easy drive for the most part, and a very quiet border crossing. I'd rather not post publicly if you want to know more info feel free to message me.

Thread Information