User Tag List

Page 624 of 654 FirstFirst ... 124 524 574 614 622 623 624 625 626 634 ... LastLast
Results 9,346 to 9,360 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Not even a rant that affects me directly, but just pisses me off that my University is in my mind, taking advantage of students now...

When I was in my first year (2015/2016) I decided to stay in residence and went with Non-Traditional (Full kitchen, NO MEAL PLAN) which was $7,975 (Including $300 in money for laundry, snacks, etc.).

Well, I was just browsing, and I expected the price to be a little more now as everything goes up, maybe $8,500. But it has now gone up to $10,340! Because they have made meal plans MANDATORY for ALL RESIDENCE now! The whole point of Non-Traditional is to give students who know how to cook and shop a choice and to not have to pay over $10,000 to live for 8 months! AND the meal plan that you get isn't even enough for ONE MEAL A DAY!! So you still have to buy groceries and cook in addition to paying an arm and a leg more to live!

Just made me so angry that my Uni is seemingly finding every way that they can to get money out of us students, INCLUDING tuition going OVER $10,000 for 8 months!!

But of course, I found a way to "coupon" even my tuition and save a little money! I only need 3.5 Credit to graduate (took some spring and summer classes, meaning I have less credits to get now). Brock counts you as a full-time student if you take at least 1.5 Credits PER semester, so I took 2.0 in the Fall term, and 1.5 in the Winter term. Therefore, I won't fall under the flat-fee structure (4.0 credits MIN), assessed on a per credit fee (almost $1,900/credit), AND will still get Full-time OSAP (About $14,000). So it gives me the advantage of being a Full-Time student without paying the flat-fee structure (Which you overpay for if you have between 4.0 and 4.5 credits) at just over $10,000. Instead my tuition (with all fees), is just over $7,000. Saving me almost $3,000!
    Tweets77, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Not even a rant that affects me directly, but just pisses me off that my University is in my mind, taking advantage of students now...

When I was in my first year (2015/2016) I decided to stay in residence and went with Non-Traditional (Full kitchen, NO MEAL PLAN) which was $7,975 (Including $300 in money for laundry, snacks, etc.).

Well, I was just browsing, and I expected the price to be a little more now as everything goes up, maybe $8,500. But it has now gone up to $10,340! Because they have made meal plans MANDATORY for ALL RESIDENCE now! The whole point of Non-Traditional is to give students who know how to cook and shop a choice and to not have to pay over $10,000 to live for 8 months! AND the meal plan that you get isn't even enough for ONE MEAL A DAY!! So you still have to buy groceries and cook in addition to paying an arm and a leg more to live!

Just made me so angry that my Uni is seemingly finding every way that they can to get money out of us students, INCLUDING tuition going OVER $10,000 for 8 months!!

But of course, I found a way to "coupon" even my tuition and save a little money! I only need 3.5 Credit to graduate (took some spring and summer classes, meaning I have less credits to get now). Brock counts you as a full-time student if you take at least 1.5 Credits PER semester, so I took 2.0 in the Fall term, and 1.5 in the Winter term. Therefore, I won't fall under the flat-fee structure (4.0 credits MIN), assessed on a per credit fee (almost $1,900/credit), AND will still get Full-time OSAP (About $14,000). So it gives me the advantage of being a Full-Time student without paying the flat-fee structure (Which you overpay for if you have between 4.0 and 4.5 credits) at just over $10,000. Instead my tuition (with all fees), is just over $7,000. Saving me almost $3,000!
    grrrrr! Wish I could have double-liked your post @johnb b56789
    We had to pay those horrible gouging prices for our eldest son who stayed in Residence, the meal plans were mandatory where he was then and we had no idea with him being our first so we just paid it. That increase you spoke about is disgusting.
    Good on you for figuring out the least expensive way to get your education!! Bravo.
    barbis9, Ciel, Shwa Girl and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Great solution! Will you be able to work part time this year? Just thinking if you could get a part time job in your field you would be way ahead of those graduating next April.
    wtg
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Great solution! Will you be able to work part time this year? Just thinking if you could get a part time job in your field you would be way ahead of those graduating next April.
    wtg
    Thanks. I could try to get a part time job, my schedule isn't overly horrible (Sept to Dec; Tues-Fri Done classes by 2pm + Sat/Sun off) (Jan to Apr; No class Thurs-Sun + No Class till 5pm Mon-Wed). The problem is despite being in the business program, I still have no idea what I want to do once I graduate. I really want to start my own business, I would realistically have enough time to work on it, but I could just get a part time job anywhere to bring in a little extra cash. But to add to all this, my parents believe strongly that I should focus my effort solely on school and not worry about work just yet. My father worked during his first year and the stress of work and school was too much that he doesn't want me going through that too. But then again, most of the courses I am taking are electives, only three mandatory courses, so I have a little more wiggle room in that regard I guess.
    barbis9, Ciel and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Thanks. I could try to get a part time job, my schedule isn't overly horrible (Sept to Dec; Tues-Fri Done classes by 2pm + Sat/Sun off) (Jan to Apr; No class Thurs-Sun + No Class till 5pm Mon-Wed). The problem is despite being in the business program, I still have no idea what I want to do once I graduate. I really want to start my own business, I would realistically have enough time to work on it, but I could just get a part time job anywhere to bring in a little extra cash. But to add to all this, my parents believe strongly that I should focus my effort solely on school and not worry about work just yet. My father worked during his first year and the stress of work and school was too much that he doesn't want me going through that too. But then again, most of the courses I am taking are electives, only three mandatory courses, so I have a little more wiggle room in that regard I guess.
    Thanks for answering.
    If you choose not to work part time before graduating, you still have an advantage over other new grads come next April--> you've been featured in the news!
    barbis9, Ciel and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Why do companies hire people to work telephone customer service that have very heavy accents? Yes, I understand that they have every right to work, but on the telephone?? So frustrating trying to understand them.
    These people that are hired live half way around the world.......companies are too cheap to hire people that live in Canada. (not to say that some people that live in Canada don't have accents....)
    barbis9, Ciel and coupongirl99 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by redhdlois View Post
    These people that are hired live half way around the world.......companies are too cheap to hire people that live in Canada. (not to say that some people that live in Canada don't have accents....)
    Not the company that I was dealing with this time.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Commander:Northern armies rock lobster's Avatar
    No one goes off-trail. No one walks alone.
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Dear ranters: accept the things you cannot change,
    change the things you can.

Last edited by rock lobster; Thu, Aug 9th, 2018 at 08:32 PM.
    Ciel, dededi and signeda like this.
    @
    ;

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

sometimes life is hard
    barbis9, Ciel and dededi like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My 8 1/2 year old bouvier was just diagnosed with lymphoma. Chemo will be thousands of dollars and basically a full time job looking after him to maybe give him 1 - 1 1/2 years. Can’t cure but ,maybe remission. They said vet would call Friday. Waited all day, no call, after 6 pm we took him for walk, come back message from vet gone till Monday but Said we could call Saturday and speak to vet working. Called 10 am, no answer but left message to call us back, open till noon now after 1 no call. My dog will not eat his food only food I cook for him, chicken, beef a little tuna and not much of it...he had already lost 15 lbs. wanted advice on getting him to eat.very frustrated

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

So sorry to hear you are going through this with your furkid--they are so precious. Enjoy each and every moment you have with them.

Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    My 8 1/2 year old bouvier was just diagnosed with lymphoma. Chemo will be thousands of dollars and basically a full time job looking after him to maybe give him 1 - 1 1/2 years. Can’t cure but ,maybe remission. They said vet would call Friday. Waited all day, no call, after 6 pm we took him for walk, come back message from vet gone till Monday but Said we could call Saturday and speak to vet working. Called 10 am, no answer but left message to call us back, open till noon now after 1 no call. My dog will not eat his food only food I cook for him, chicken, beef a little tuna and not much of it...he had already lost 15 lbs. wanted advice on getting him to eat.very frustrated

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    So sorry to hear. Ask your vet if prescribing an appetite stimulating medication would help. If your vet doesn't respond, get a copy of the test results and get a second opinion of your options to make your pet as comfortable as possible.
    Ciel and scouponer like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

was just downtown at jackson square where 8 people were demonstating with 4 foot high colour pictures of aborted fetus's. (right to lifers) HOW can they get away with this? i remember seeing these pics when i was 8 yrs old & to this day cannot wipe that image from my mind.
    its just too much info, should be against the law!
    bhlombardy, Ciel, GoJays and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Evans View Post
    was just downtown at jackson square where 8 people were demonstating with 4 foot high colour pictures of aborted fetus's. (right to lifers) HOW can they get away with this? i remember seeing these pics when i was 8 yrs old & to this day cannot wipe that image from my mind.
    its just too much info, should be against the law!
    There's that, and the exploded lungs on the cigarette packs. While I dont smoke, I had to look at that from across the counter at the gas station. It was sickening. Now they have to hide cigarettes in stores around here so we dont have to look at them, but still.
    Ciel, GoJays, Linda Evans and 1 others like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Scouponer---I agree with trying to increase your pup's appetite and also look into some decent pain medication in case he's not eating due to pain perhaps. I'm so sorry about your doggo. It's heartbreaking.
    Last edited by alex78; Tue, Aug 14th, 2018 at 11:54 PM.
    Ciel, scouponer and dededi like this.

Page 624 of 654 FirstFirst ... 124 524 574 614 622 623 624 625 626 634 ... LastLast

Thread Information