User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Shopping in my cart

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am in Ontario now for 3 weeks well almost time to go home I miss my kids. I am staying in the GTA/Hamilton area visiting my sisters and going for training at Target HQ's. Me and my sisters like to jump in a car and just go to various places in various cities in this area and we decided to use some of the coupons expiring today. So we went to No Frills just their specials because we want make a huge family dinner for 8 people. The No Frills in Hamilton has a two product limit on all flyer items heard them announce it on the speakers a few times. We were fine with that - we got two packages of the chicken legs on sale and some corn, rice and the salad on sale - nothing special just enough to feed everyone. We are looking at yogurt to make a dessert and this woman takes one package of the chicken legs out of my cart and puts it in hers. My sister freaks out but calmly asks her what she is doing and takes the package back. The lady says they are sold out of chicken legs and she wants a package. When we took the packages there was at least 25 or more there and the limit was 2. The woman just walks away and does it to someone else and that person loses it with not so great words. My younger sister is a social worker & drug counsellor for the city and she knows what is around that area and its cheque day as she tells us and she just takes the woman, talks to her and finds a person who works there and finds her chicken legs.
    I thought that was so strange. So today we went to another No Frills this time GTA and it was crazy this woman blocks the aisle with her cart and says I don't want anyone else to get the sale and it was the shampoo & conditioner. I just move the cart and grab what I need. Then leaving this person blocks the door way and its only one door for out and she said she is waiting for a cab and its too warm out. I understand that completely but the door was open, cart in the door way and no one could get out. By then I was sort of mean and moved the cart and then the manager came.
    Is Ontario that crazy? I guess living in Nova Scotia I find it more calm.
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, No Frills, Target

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

No. Ontario isn't crazy. Some people may have mental health issues or personality disorders, as your younger sister explained. I believe you may find similar individuals when you return home.

Sorry you experienced this. For me, in the GTA, within the last 2 days,
    • 2 people stopped their car in the middle of the road to let me cross the street,
    • 3 separate people told me to go ahead in the grocery line and
    • one person came up to me in the drug store to ask my advice, because she "could not find anybody working and I looked like I would know the answer."

By the way, congrats on your new job with Tarjay.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Fri, May 31st, 2013 at 08:20 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Which No Frills were you at?

No, it is not all of Ontario. Hamilton is a different sort of place
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post

I like the No Frills in Newcastle, Brighton and Campbellford.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I go to school downtown Hamilton and the last few days have been weird too - saw some open drug dealing, people taking a bath in the fountain and Jackson Square is crazy. No Frills the upper one on Main St is small and I have experienced one woman ramming her cart against my ass so hard (I have a bruise) and she doesn't say anything. I say something nice to her and she doesn't say anything. Then she does it to a guy and omg did he let her have it. Karma. I had someone ask me if I was going to buy a package of ground beef and it was in my cart cause she wanted that size. Even though its a crazy place and me & my girl friend have a joke that she has bail money just in case I go crazy at NF and she works for Walmart and I have bail money if she does I would never go crazy but we giggle. I do like the cashiers there better than the other NF and they are price match friendly with limit of 4 per item and they are coupon friendly. They know me by name and since the Temptation coupons expired today I bought like 21 bags. I use to be a Walmart shopper now a NF shopper.
    Last edited by anastasia1009; Fri, May 31st, 2013 at 08:49 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was at the one near Ottawa I think - there is a school close by I think my sister lives in Stoney Creek so its the closer one. Downtown Hamilton is strange I got offered drugs outside at Tim Horton's on Hughson St I think and some guy asked me if I wanted a fun time tonight. And that strange fountain in the middle. I think I am blind to this stuff in Halifax and I am from Cape Breton and cheque day to me means old age pension and Sobeys and Atlantic Superstore is busy.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RebeccafromHalifax View Post
    and some guy asked me if I wanted a fun time tonight.
    He said what?!
    gourmetsue and i_forget like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    No. Ontario isn't crazy. Some people may have mental health issues or personality disorders, as your younger sister explained. I believe you may find similar individuals when you return home.

Sorry you experienced this. For me, in the GTA, within the last 2 days,
    • 2 people stopped their car in the middle of the road to let me cross the street,
    • 3 separate people told me to go ahead in the grocery line and
    • one person came up to me in the drug store to ask my advice, because she "could not find anybody working and I looked like I would know the answer."

By the way, congrats on your new job with Tarjay.
    thanks I am looking forward to working there while I finish my BA Business at Dal and they mentioned if I was willing to locate after my degree I could work at HQ in Toronto. Move my 3 kids to Ontario might be hard because my dad is in Cape Breton.

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

That would be so annoying someone picking through your cart for the things they want. Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Shwa Girl and FrugalKris like this.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was at the one near Ottawa I think - there is a school close by I think my sister lives in Stoney Creek so its the closer one. Downtown Hamilton is strange I got offered drugs outside at Tim Horton's on Hughson St I think and some guy asked me if I wanted a fun time tonight. And that strange fountain in the middle. I think I am blind to this stuff in Halifax and I am from Cape Breton and cheque day to me means old age pension and Sobeys and Atlantic Superstore is busy.
    If you want a good time, go to the one at Main and Emerald. Lol.

Yes, you will be offered drugs anywhere down there. Sex too. See people talking to themselves, puking in garbage bins.

I lived down there when I was in college and it was real entertaining. Just keep walking and do not acknowledge anyone. Something in the water I think
    Jezebel and anastasia1009 like this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

cheque day to me means old age pension and Sobeys and Atlantic Superstore is busy.
    Same at some No Frills in Durham Region on cheque day. The seniors line up on Friday morning before the store opens and clear the shelves, spending all their money. And you don't dare get in their way during the Dollar Day sales.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

He said what?!
    I laughed and just kept on walking. My sister tells me that downtown Hamilton heavily under police and even saw a police on a horse so I just kept on walking and had lunch at a nice sushi place near downtown
    i_forget likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BuggaBugga View Post
    That would be so annoying someone picking through your cart for the things they want. Ain't nobody got time for that.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Same at some No Frills in Durham Region on cheque day. The seniors line up on Friday morning before the store opens and clear the shelves, spending all their money. And you don't dare get in their way during the Dollar Day sales.
    that is the same in Cape Breton and those seniors in Sydney omg shop like crazy and I avoid the places until night time. My sister says down town Hamilton is OW and it was funny about a week before it all No Frills and Walmart was empty and even target at Centre Mall I think.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

that is the same in Cape Breton and those seniors in Sydney omg shop like crazy and I avoid the places until night time. My sister says down town Hamilton is OW and it was funny about a week before it all No Frills and Walmart was empty and even target at Centre Mall I think.
    So true I went shopping Monday and Tuesday I think after school at No Frills and it was empty, then went to Target and it was empty maybe 10 people. Then going to school on the 10 bus today at least 25 people waiting outside No Frills holding on to their carts. I went to the No Frills around noon after class and it was packed but nothing was empty
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information