Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By mandolinatou
  • 1 Post By ikoo
  • 2 Post By ericaraina

Thread: Doctor Shopping Discussion

mandolinatou
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I find navigating the medical system a little daunting and I wondered if we started a thread with our medical questions (as in where is a good pediatrician) and recommendations for places we go, maybe we'd all get through our appointments quicker...and who knows maybe these recommendations will save a life.

Recommendations:

Westmount square walk in clinic tends to be very fast....but watch out if they recommend a blood draw or urine anaylsis on site because a simple test could charge you 20-65 dollars for each one.

Clinic l'alternative does very fast GYN and STD testing. The also perform abortions. While I can't comment on the latter services the GYN appointment I had was over within 15 minutes of my arrival and they accomidated my work schedule. They charge 20 dollars cash to run your samples to the lab. Well worth the expense I would say.

Kildare walk in clinic offers a telephone scheduling service where you can know the time of your appointment within an hour. So if you call they'll schedule you between 4:30-5:30pm. Its better than waiting 8 hours in a waiting room. 514-316-8270

If you are afraid a relative has a neurological issue like stroke or sudden numbness the best hospital to visit is rosemont maisoneve. They can schedule lightening quick PET and MRI brain scans when you are a priority. Other hospitals will tell you to pay privately. Each hospital specializes and sometimes going to the right place matters.

The fastest ER I find is St. Marys.

Breast Cancer and cataract issues should go through the Jewish General.

Questions

Does anyone know a metro accessible pediatrician or family doctor that is accepting patients

I think my DH needs orthodics, where would be a good starting point to get the prescription for them
    This thread is currently associated with: Metro
    Silk likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Dr kovax bimby accept new patient she is a pedtrtition and close to metro
    mandolinatou likes this.
    There is no deity except God

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

St. Marys emergency is AMAZING. I go in the middle of night when there is NO ONE there. Only guys from bar fights
    Silk and mandolinatou like this.
    Must have a U.S. itunes account to choose a free product on Poshmark: New Accounts Only:
    1) Download the app called Poshmark 2) While creating a new account, enter the invite code: JAAZH (it will be the last box to fill) 3) $10 in credit will added to your account (Shipping is $0.99 during your first day on the app!) Pick a product that is $9.00 or less and your total will be:$0.00

Thread Information