User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: My SCOP @ Shopper's today

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

So today I go to Shopper's to do my 20x points thing. I stop by the Vaseline to pick up 4 since they were on sale for $4.99-$2.00. They had the 600ml bonus ones on sale so I got 4 all different sents. Got to the register and it rang up as $9.99 (reg price) and the cashier quickly started to change the price. Well didn't I stop her and almost got whip last looking for a supervisor. I told her I was going to SCOP it and she told me no she would just adjust the price...haha noway!! Now I ask for a manager.
    The manager comes and offers to get me the regular 600ml that is actually on sale for $4.99. I tell him no the 4 I have are much cheaper then the ones on the shelf. He asked me why and I told him I will be SCOPing all 4 since they are different..Doesn't he look at my hand and know right away with a fist full of coupons I am not really the right person to argue with over this. I love love love SCOP and always seems to be at Shopper's. Down side.. I had to get filler since I got them free..lmao
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Cocottee00, ticul, rigatti and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

OP, could you help me? I thought the SCOP was up to $10 and then the rest would be rung in at the correct price. Do I have it right?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Way to go !!!
    oscarandme likes this.

Each Day is a Blessing... Snow In Summer's Avatar
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I would like to know too as that's exactly how I understood it being.
    oscarandme likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

each lotion was considered a different type of product because they were all different scents. Had each item been the adzact IE scent, amout and so on they would be considers all the same and therefore only one would have been free but because they were all different they all were considered a different product. I learnt this little fact from working at Wal-Mart
    ticul and oscarandme like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    OP, could you help me? I thought the SCOP was up to $10 and then the rest would be rung in at the correct price. Do I have it right?
    Yes, that's the case if she bought, say four cocoa butter ones. But since all the scents were different, that means each product rang in wrong. Think of it this way....they don't put one tag that says Nivea lotion 4.99...they put a tag that says Nivea cocoa butter 4.99/nivea aloe 4.99 etc. Ergo, they screwed up 4 times, on all four scents. Not just once. SCOP applies to each different product line...the store is responsible to make sure each type of product rings in correctly.
    Last edited by young-one19; Sat, Jun 15th, 2013 at 06:33 PM.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cmenard1 <- Join me on SwagBucks!!

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Just to quickly add, I believe someone here had explained to me, Example: Vaseline lotion (yes), Different scents (yes), they all have diffferent barcodes. If Mrs.Roberts would have gotten the 4 same scents (they all have the same barcode) therefore SCOPonly applies to one. Different scents, different barcodes, different SCOPS as longas the others are also ringing up wrong price. Hope that makes easy sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Roberts View Post
    each lotion was considered a different type of product because they were all different scents. Had each item been the adzact IE scent, amout and so on they would be considers all the same and therefore only one would have been free but because they were all different they all were considered a different product. I learnt this little fact from working at Wal-Mart

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

thank you.. you are correct.. I was just so excited to get them free that maybe I wasn't explaining properly. It sounded good in my head..lol

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

this works because each product was under 10 dollars. if she would have bought 4 different lotions that were say 12.00 each on sale, she would have had to pay 2 dollars each one. the 10 dollars is not a maximum in the transaction but on the individual product

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    I earn $20+ a month using swagbucks, have you joined yet!!?
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/shantayl
    PM me if you have questions or need any help

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Roberts View Post
    Thanks. I understand now.
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Way to go Mrs. Roberts! Don't mess with someone that knows about SCOPS and then is holding a handful of coupons. WTG for standing your ground and winning. Thanks for sharring and enjoy your enjoy your Vaseline.
    Shirnette likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

great SCOP deal
    oscarandme likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    125 (100%)

aswommee!! i wouldnt have scoped all 3..thinking they r the same productss ..
    oscarandme likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

way to go on all the scops-i got 2 this week too -one at shoppers-one at sobeys
    Mrs.Roberts and oscarandme like this.

Each Day is a Blessing... Snow In Summer's Avatar
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Sheesh you learn something new everyday in here! I just came back from Loblaws and SCOPed Dove bars of soap that were marked down on clearance from 1.99 to .94. Yah free soap. If I would have known this before going out tonight, I would have bought every scent under the sun too!!! lol
    Last edited by Snow In Summer; Sat, Jun 15th, 2013 at 09:13 PM. Reason: iPhone typo
    Shirnette likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information