User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pippinelkhound

Thread: Review: Marcelle BB Cream Beauty Balm. Shade: Medium to Dark

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

With the warm weather I wanted to switch to a lightweight product to even out my skin tone. I have combination skin (slightly oily t-zone, dry cheeks, sensitive skin, broken capillaries/some redness cheek area). I was leery of trying a BB cream (similar to a tinted moisturizer) for fear it would be too oily.

My review: This product has more coverage compared to a few other tinted moisturizers I have tried in the past. I still need to apply a bit of concealer, over top, to hid the capillaries and redness.. So if your looking for full coverage to hide everything this might not be it. However I like the light weight feel, the healthy glow and the color match. I apply a matte moisturizer to my t-zone and my normal moisturizer to the rest of my face. After applying this product, I do a light dusting of powder on my t-zone.

I applied this product around 11 am. By 6 pm I had some oiliness around my t-zone.

The color I chose is medium-dark because I have a tan now. There isn't any orange, peach or strong yellow tones. It looks more neutral with a slight yellow tinge. My skin tone is more on the neutral to warm side and this color seems to suit me. There are two other shades. light to medium, dark.

Overall I'm happy with this product and would repurchase.

It costs $22.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart. Sometimes it's on sale in the flyers.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by toban; Sun, Jun 16th, 2013 at 12:00 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ind a store with testers. I had been planning on buying the lighter shade. The saleslady in LD told me I was med to dark. I've never bought that shade in my life. But she was right. It's not as dark as you'd think.
    toban likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They had testers at SDM. I found the light was too pale. I figured the med-dark would be too dark but it wasn't. How do you like this product?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't wear it every day, so it's hard to say. I tend to get shiny along the nose no matter what I wear.

Thread Information