User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Where the &^%&^s my mail!

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Electric Viking regarding who gets mail,
    Don't you know that a hand written note cannot fail?
    I get mail & I sent mail too,
    I was going to send some raunchy mail & address it to you,
    It is important that we can count on Canada Post,
    As mail delivery is our right from coast to coast,
    We can LOL & rejoice in our texting lingo,
    We can fiddle with apps, & online bingo,
    But stick a stamp on a letter & send it my way,
    & Loocie will know when it's time to come out & play.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ok Loocie, that sounds great
    but email's faster and you don't have to wait. (and wait, and wait)

and if licking is what you like to do
    come on over and visit you know who!
    SillyLoocie likes this.
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SillyLoocie View Post
    Electric Viking regarding who gets mail,
    Don't you know that a hand written note cannot fail?
    I get mail & I sent mail too,
    I was going to send some raunchy mail & address it to you,
    It is important that we can count on Canada Post,
    As mail delivery is our right from coast to coast,
    We can LOL & rejoice in our texting lingo,
    We can fiddle with apps, & online bingo,
    But stick a stamp on a letter & send it my way,
    & Loocie will know when it's time to come out & play.

aw.....so nice Loocie!!!

SillyLoocie likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

our mail has been wonky lately too. no mail for just under 2 weeks. not sure if he was even picking mail up either. finally got mail yesterday.
    SillyLoocie likes this.

2 tired 2 b creative here CanadianCouponCollector's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

---> I love mail. My mailman comes at 3 pm one week and 10 am the next. Not sure why. Was going to ask the other day, but then he handed me a package and I got distracted. I love packages even more than envies. Ohh and I have a Purolator envie waiting for me at the store! Yippie! No idea what it could be! Sorry for thread hack. I'm over tired. And easily distracted.
    SillyLoocie and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

A long time ago, a boy broke up with me by sending me a letter. He was away at his parents cottage & it was one of those "you know I care about you"........but .........he had fallen in love with another girl. Ouch! I guess it was the right thing to do since they have been married for 33 years.

To paraphrase Neil Young "One of these days, I'm gonna sit down & write a long letter"

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

p.s. not one of Neil's better tunes. I'll write him a letter & tell him that song is a little too bland.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I feel so bad for our posties, required to do 3 and 4 times the amount of work under this NEW AND IMPROVED system....if there were a way to boycott CP I would be doing it for sure. For me, the mail is arriving well after 8pm but don't take it out on your postie, it's not there fault, it's the bureaucrats that think these people are machines.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    I feel so bad for our posties, required to do 3 and 4 times the amount of work under this NEW AND IMPROVED system....if there were a way to boycott CP I would be doing it for sure. For me, the mail is arriving well after 8pm but don't take it out on your postie, it's not there fault, it's the bureaucrats that think these people are machines.

AND here is a little tid bit for your entertainment. They ( carriers ) cannot change the line of route on their route, meaning that if your house is first on their delivery sheet, then first you are each and every day.....and so on for all their other addresses.....however, if your house is near the end of their list on their sheet, some days it unfortunately gets too late ( they cannot safely deliver outside I think once 8:30 p.m. or so is the cut off)

So the mail is brought back, THEN the next day if they run out of time ( and daylight again) they bring those same streets back again...get it?? Now there is two days of no mail being delivered to the same unfortunate souls whose homes were put at the end of the route.

If the carrier tries to accommodate those customers by putting them at the beginning of the delivery on the next day, he/she will be written up saying they are NOT doing the job the way CP wants! Cannot win.
    Decaf likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SillyLoocie View Post
    p.s. not one of Neil's better tunes. I'll write him a letter & tell him that song is a little too bland.

i actually like the song.
    it is bland but the words are good.
    SillyLoocie likes this.
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    AND here is a little tid bit for your entertainment. They ( carriers ) cannot change the line of route on their route, meaning that if your house is first on their delivery sheet, then first you are each and every day.....and so on for all their other addresses.....however, if your house is near the end of their list on their sheet, some days it unfortunately gets too late ( they cannot safely deliver outside I think once 8:30 p.m. or so is the cut off)

So the mail is brought back, THEN the next day if they run out of time ( and daylight again) they bring those same streets back again...get it?? Now there is two days of no mail being delivered to the same unfortunate souls whose homes were put at the end of the route.

If the carrier tries to accommodate those customers by putting them at the beginning of the delivery on the next day, he/she will be written up saying they are NOT doing the job the way CP wants! Cannot win.

Don't most carriers have two jobs because they finish their deliveries early enough to be able to do 2?

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by electric_viking View Post
    Don't most carriers have two jobs because they finish their deliveries early enough to be able to do 2?
    Poor ev....you have not been paying attention have you? Ok, so the NEW PT delivery system has all the carriers starting waaaaay later than they used to start, and the routes are now longer and there is a whole chunk of parcels added to all their routes that used to belong to another branch ( CP shut that down) So, they deliver 50+ lbs parcels regularly, along with all the mail, AND they clear street letter boxes AND pick up from businesses that call for special pick ups.

So when they used to start at 5:00 a.m. yes after 8 hrs they could run to a second job, but now they all have different start times, earliest being about 8:00 a.m. and the late shift begins as late as 11:00 a.m. so their 8 hours would take them to 4:00 p.m. or 7:00 p.m. IF they were truly 8 hours work, BUT these routes are longer than 8 hrs....ALL of them.

So I do not think anyone has a second job. This one exhausts them just fine.
    Natalka and SarahS83 like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information