User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: RESP and pampers coupons

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    143 (100%)

I just opened up an RESP for my kids this week. Its a minimum of $25 per month, 4 dates to choose from for pap (we chose the 22nd). The company will set you up for government grants and the government will apply up to $.40 on the dollar that you deposit. If you child was born 2004 or later you qualify for a $500 learning bond as well. When we were done the rep told me that for signing up I would get $50 in pampers coupons (5x$10) within 60days and because I signed up all my kids he thinks I will get $200 in coupons. If my eldest chooses not to use it for what ever reason it rolls to the next oldest and then the next etc. I thought this was a godd deal for something that I was doing anyways and will provide for my children in the future education.

This is the company info if anyone else is interested

Knowledgefirst Financial
    1 800 363 7377
    www.knowledgefirstfinancial.ca
    This thread is currently associated with: Pampers
    juliejolie and maxcat like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Never Join this company without knowing the fees related to your account. Just the enrollment fees are going to cost you thousands of $$. Knowledge first financial is the SAME OLD "USC Education" company, which is a SCAM. Please read the brochure or call to confirm what are you expecting as fees associated. Don't refer people to it before you understand what you got yourself into !!
    Kerricakes likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There are fee's associated with ALL RESP's, I did my research before I started a RESP for my son and found that USC now Knowledge First Financial was actually a really good choice. If this person chose this I am sure they knew what they were getting into, its all on the paper work they make you sign.

Hooked on coupons
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Canadian Scholarship Trust (CST) is the best RESP company out there, if anyone would like more info please send me a PM, thanx.
    jubsies likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I'm not going to bash any one RESP or pump up any other, but make sure you do your research first on any RESP or any financial product you are thinking about getting.

Do your own research, don't rely on others opinions.
    dizzyb and PammieD like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

we just signed up my daughter with cst, and the guy was greatttttttt, he was here for over 2 hrs, explained everything very well, glad i made the choice...btw...whoever you choose (company) who cares...no one should bash you.....at least your doing it for your child!!!!!! some cannot even say that@!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We did ours with TD bank and we get all of the same things (500 starting and they match a percentage every year) no fees! no mandatory monthly or yearly deposits. We have one for our oldest son on a family one and are doing it for our youngest now.
    masid, LIVE SIMPLE and loftywater like this.
    Check out this link for frugal ideas!
    http://www.organizemyfrugallife.blogspot.com

Join Swagbucks and start getting free stuff!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/babyfever2009v

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    652 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by babyfever2009 View Post
    We did ours with TD bank and we get all of the same things (500 starting and they match a percentage every year) no fees! no mandatory monthly or yearly deposits. We have one for our oldest son on a family one and are doing it for our youngest now.
    I paid my son's RESP at TD for three years and I never got the 500 from the goverment. I switch to RBC and the goverment added inmediately that benefit to my son's account......

Smart Canuck...Oh Yeah!!! Koolaid's Avatar
    Trading Score
    145 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by leymi15 View Post
    I paid my son's RESP at TD for three years and I never got the 500 from the goverment. I switch to RBC and the goverment added inmediately that benefit to my son's account......

You have to fill out a form to ask the bank to go after the money for you....I have both an RDSP and RESP for my son and in both cases I had to sign forms.
    PammieD and thriftygranny like this.
    Join Swagbucks and save up for Christmas!!! Message me for help! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Koolaid1977

Please help us raise lots of much needed Autism research funds...donate to my son's walk today here:
    http://asca.convio.net/goto/tyler2016

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

I opend mine with RBC about a month ago and I did not recived antyhing from the goverment .. and I did signed all the forms in order to get it ...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got my sons RESP through ScotiaBank but it did take a few months for the $500 to show up there ....

I would give it soem time you should see it

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I was told years ago that you could pay for one (or more units) when your child is under 1 year of age. Better to pay off in one lump sum before their 1st birthday that to pay monthly for years and years. Did anybody do their plan this way?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There are no such things as no fees either at the bank or other financial companies are they working for nothing$$$ . I agree with Parkers mom . what about banks management fees deducted from your investment , what about enhanced grant . Do you know how they invest your money , where and how much you should get ? These are all questions that you can ask your advisor .

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

TD bank has fees. It is called an MER. They just didn't tell you about it. It costs you way more in fees than what an enrolment fees does. If TD Bank insists they don't have fees I would insist on a 0% mortgage rate while I was there. LOL! Poor consumers they are so misinformed and taken advantage of.

polo_wataga
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I have done a few researches as well and still didn't buy any for my daughter. I am so confused with this. Seem like it cost a headache. I still want to buy for my daughter but don't know which one.
    Making money by clicking like on facebook, do some easy task and free spin that you can earn everyday. Get money fast.
    http://www.likenet.ca?ref=100001299624173

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information