User Tag List

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Kyles_Mama
  • 1 Post By mydusty
  • 3 Post By canpip1
  • 2 Post By FallenPixels
  • 2 Post By spiritedside

Thread: Personalized coupons $off applicable to only 1 item in the transaction???

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Prior to today, I knew that personalized $ off coupons would be applied to all same items in 1 transaction (milk, Doritos, etc.)
    However, today when I used 2$ Ristorante pizza coupon, only 1 out of 4 Ristorante pizzas I planned to buy got the discount price, the rest was at normal price. I thought it was a glitch at that specific store so I returned to my nearby SDM, but the same problem happened. The $ off coupon was applicable to 1 and only item despite the fact it states one-time offer, limit 1 per transaction and no where stating limit 1 per item.
    Maybe SDM began to try minimizing the benefits of personalized coupons

Anyone has experienced the same thing?
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    67 (100%)

This worked for me when the personalized offers first came out but I was planning to try it again tomorrow with the pizzas as well. Thanks for sharing that it didn't work, now I'll only buy one lol.
    oscarandme likes this.

Curious what all the hype is about SWAGBUCKS? It's the b
    est online program ever! Send me a message if you have any questions or want to learn more.
    Join here:
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kylesmamma

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

This happened to me, too. I had one for Lays Chips. I bought 4 bags but the special price only applied to 1. I returned the other 3.
    oscarandme likes this.

discounter
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

On Saturday, I used the $1.50 off life brand paper towel and it works for all 4. $.50 for 6 paper rolls is a very good price.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

It depends on the coupon, they specify 4 products max when they can be used for multiples
    LIVE SIMPLE and oscarandme like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Does anybody know if you can use the same personalized coupon more than once? I have a 20x wus 50. for this week that I used already but I would like to go back as I missed yesterday's 20x event.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

I used a b1g1 for monster energy drinks yesterday I bought 8 total and they were 2 for 5. The coupon took 1.25 off each one! I guess it depends on the coupon if it works for multiples or not.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i had a personal email for b1g1 redbull 4pack. First, tried to get +6 packs (wanted to use 20x +$50 coupon too), cashier entered the code twice, it wouldnt work a third time. Fine, voided the transaction (should have kept the voided receipt) as i had to purchase replacement things for +$50. Went to check out again and cashier REFUSED to try entering the code a second time and it was my word vs theirs. I should have just abandoned my purchase, that store didn't deserve the sale.
    Maybe the B1G1 work for different flavors? I had regular redbull and sugarfree
    I've only used the $3.99 for milk and bought several but I think the cashiers were nice and changed the price for me on their own accord.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I checked some of my past coupons where the discount coupon was applicable for all same items in a transaction and did not notice any difference with the Ristorante coupon, so I have no idea which coupons would or would not work for multiples. By the way, Beagle, I do not get it why the cashier had to enter the code more than once? In the past when it worked for multiples (in my case), at the end of the transaction, the cashier simply enter the code once and all the prices changed.
    Maybe I will try the milk coupon this week to see if it applies to more than 1 jug or not

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

I used a .40 cat food personalized coupon on 30 cans and it only took off 1x .40. The next time I bought 10 can of cat food the register went crazy and gave me all ten for free. The cashier called over the manager and he said to the cashier "The machine did it so it it out of your hands." He then gave me the receipt and told me it was my lucky day. So I'm thinking there is still some glitches with these coupons.
    MeMew and beagle like this.
    Sign up today and receive a $10 credit every month for telus customers only! http://www.wagjag.com/?wid=8150b9164...988a5231796aae

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by spiritedside View Post
    I used a .40 cat food personalized coupon on 30 cans and it only took off 1x .40. The next time I bought 10 can of cat food the register went crazy and gave me all ten for free. The cashier called over the manager and he said to the cashier "The machine did it so it it out of your hands." He then gave me the receipt and told me it was my lucky day. So I'm thinking there is still some glitches with these coupons.
    That was so great to get unexpected freebies like that, especially when the manager did not make a fuss about your getting free merchandise at his store, lol

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

An update: Today I used a coupon for milk with discount price of 3.99$ and tried to buy 2 jugs. As expected, only 1 jug got the discount price and the other jug's price was still at regular. It should be noted that I received the same coupon for discount milk before and at that time I used it to buy 4 jugs during a bonus point day and all 4 jugs got the discount price.
    To my own conclusion, definitely SDM has changed its system software to apply the personalized promo discount/coupon to only 1 item unfortunately.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yes I think the rules must have changed recently. My cookies coupon worked on only one pack. Last week the paper towel coupon worked on all 3 pks.

Thread Information