User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: How do you unload your buggy, watch ur prices and price match at the same time????

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I usually remember what I'm pricematching, so I leave it till the end. But, if you have trouble with remembering, put a small basket in your buggy and put all price matches//coupon items with you. And keep your coupons that you are using in your hands. Then, take out the flyers, lay it on the belt and put items price matching from that flyer ontop of the flyer! It usually goes pretty smoothly with me!
    My Tradelist and Wishlist

Join the Purell Loyalty Program for easy rewards such as gift cards and coupons!

Get FREE Men's Boxers when 1O friends sign up
    http://www.comfortableboxers.com?kid=55D9S

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

100% twinsies except for the rubbermaid. We use reusable bags. If DH drives, he bags the groceries. If I'm by myself I can't buy a lot anyway so can monitor
    Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    I always go to a line where there is someone ahead of me so that I have the added time of them completing their transaction to get my transaction started.

I always go to the store that has the best amount of deals for items that I need so that I can reduce the amount of items that I need to price match.

Non-pricematched items go on the belt first.
    I do not care about coupon items because they never bag my groceries, so everything is still out there for them to look at.

Price matched items go at the end and I just put the flyer on top, open to the applicable page.

I stand at the register and watch as they scan everything so that I can check for any pricing errors.

I do not bag my groceries in the store. They are always rushing to get you out quick, so I just put everything back into the cart and when I get back to the car, I load everything into some plastic rubbermaid tubs that I keep in my trunk. I fit about 4 or 5 bags worth of stuff into each tub, so this is a lot easier for me, I do not waste money on bags, and I find it lighter to lift because the weight of items is more evenly distributed in a tub than it is a bunch of bags I have to carry.
    i_forget likes this.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Organization is key, my list is organized by category and so is my unloading and i always communicate with the cashier before and during the checkout process of course I like to bring a buddy along but it's not always possible. Luckily most of the time it is
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

St.KittsGal
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I always have my husband with me to finish unloading the cart after I have taken out my PM or coupon items. If there is no one in front of me, I always just ask the cashier to give me a moment as I have items to PM and coupon.
    Shirnette likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I do all my shopping at Maxi and PM all the time. They have no limits as to how many items or different stores you can PM.

I prepare my list at home listing all the pm's and regular store items. I write on my list which page of the flyer the PM is on and circle it with a sharpie.

I go to the store during the day when it's less busy and to the same cashier all the time. If she is not there I have 2 back up cashiers I go to.

I put all my non PM regular items on the belt first. Then PINK sticker items next. Then items plus coupons next, then PM's plus coupons last.

I usually go alone and have not had too many problems. I also leave the cash and pull aside then immediately go over the bill to check for errors.
    Shirnette likes this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I go by myself Thursday or Friday morning right after I drop DS off at daycare, I find that this is the best time since it is nice and quiet. I go to Maxi and PM a minimum of 4 stores each week so I go to the same two or three cashiers who know me.

I have my list by category with the price matches detailed by store and which page in the flyer. I also make sure to use a post it to tag each flyer. I then ask the cashier if she wants to do the price matches and coupons first or not.

It usually goes very smoothly. Since Maxi is the most coupon friendly store I have found, the cashiers are very up to date on their policies and the transaction is usually very quick.

Organization is key.
    Shirnette likes this.

Smart Canuck couponclippercaitie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    171 (100%)

I usually PM at WM, and so far my store hasn't tried to place any restrictions on anything. I usually let the cashier know I am price matching items so they don't just start scanning everything right quick in no order (hate that!). Then I lay the flyers down on top of the group of items an go from there.
    Shirnette likes this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I do a bit of everything...good idea to tape cpn to product(recently had to retrace my steps in RCSS as I had dropped a cpn without knowing -LOL- & a cashier once lost a cpn)...I never or rarely have 2nd person with me..It becomes more hectic when there's a baby in his carseat in the shopping cart to watch as well..One definitely has to be organized...I also let the cashier know in advance that I'll be cpnng & doing PM.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    it is so easy to miss the prices even when you're organized.

i used to use self-checkout all the time for this reason, but they put a limit on the # of items, so now i just go through the regular checkouts, but it's so much more stressful!
    When u shop @ stores like Fortinos & possibly RCSS, the self serve checkout doesn't have a button to press to give u points for your free shopping bags, so u have to get someone over to enter it at their main stn(had to wait a bit the other day as the person was on the phone & CS was busy).

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

First thing I do before I even get to the store I make a list of what I'm buying from which store, then I take that list with me. I try and place the items by store in the cart. When I get to the cash I make sure there is at least one person in front of me. I then inform the cashier that I will be price matching. First I put all the things from the store I'm in, then I separate by store and items I'm price matching. Seems to go quite smoothly for me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information