User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Are there any products or brands that you are willing to pay a bit more for?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There are some products that are just worth paying more for. Value for your money should not be confused with being 'cheap'.

I will only buy Tide Laundry detergent, for example. Quite simply, it is the best. My clothes get cleaner and I seem to use less detergent when using Tide. My clothes also seem to hold their colour much better as well. It is worth the premium price.

Do you have any products or brands that you are willing to pay a bit more for? If so, what are they?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    torontogal12 likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hmm, that is a really good question. I can't really think of anything that I am willing to pay more for but I'm relatively brand loyal to Purex for their liquid laundry detergent for the reason that I know I'm not allergic to it. Sunlight and Tide are not good for me. I wouldn't say I'm willing to pay more for Purex though.
    Candini likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am on the tide ride too. It is a superior detergent so I will pay the extra for it.
    I also have a preference for Heinz products.....I won't buy the no name versions of ketchup and that stuff. There is a difference, I can taste it. I will not buy store brand cereals either.
    I also do not buy no name pops, if I want a glass or pop, it has to be Diet Coke.

I also will not buy cheap clothing and shoes, like what is sold at Walmart because it does not last as long as the more expensive name brand items.
    Last edited by i_forget; Tue, Jul 30th, 2013 at 04:57 PM.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Peanut butter..I'm the only person here who likes it and I always buy a good quality, pref organic crunchy PB. It's a cheap but nice treat for me.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

2 tired 2 b creative here CanadianCouponCollector's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

... Like i_forget, it has to be Heinz ketchup. I've tried other brands and they all actually make me gag a little. I'm not usually brand loyal but ketchup is not up for discussion. I used to like Sunlight laundry soap but it was really all I'd tried aside from Purex (like it) and Gain (like it more). Since using coupons, though, I've found I can try various kinds of name brand stuff, and am leaning a little towards to Tide wagon as well. Sunlight is reminding me more and more of dish soap. Also the dang Downy Unstoppables trial freebies are making me want to spend more money, too....
    i_forget and torontogal12 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Palmolive. Friend bought a no name dish soap to use at work. The dishes were greasy and gross no matter how much I would wash!!! I brought them home and put them in the sink and DH thought I hadn't washed them at work at all. Spend the extra 75 cents for Palmolive and do it right.

Also, face creams, makeup (Estee Lauder, Lancome, Biotherm), shampoo (Organix and Live Clean), sunglasses with UV protection. If it goes on my face, I will pay for good brands. I have sensitive skin so have to be careful. But, you only get one face and I'd rather use the good stuff and not end up like those plastic surgery women with squished eyes and fish lips.
    Last edited by torontogal12; Tue, Jul 30th, 2013 at 10:29 PM.
    froogalism.com and i_forget like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    I also have a preference for Heinz products.....I won't buy the no name versions of ketchup and that stuff. There is a difference, I can taste it. I will not buy store brand cereals either.
    Um, gonna tell you something you may not want to hear.
    I worked in a food plant during a summer job.
    We packed relish one day and other products on other shifts.
    For the relish, we packed Heinz first. Heinz labels in Heinz boxes. After first break, we packed No Name Relish. All we did was change the label and changed the box.
    Finally, we packed relish in large containers. For use in the "special sauce". For Big Macs at McDonalds.

The relish in all three cases, was the same.
    Sorry.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    For the relish, we packed Heinz first. Heinz labels in Heinz boxes. After first break, we packed No Name Relish. All we did was change the label and changed the box.
    Finally, we packed relish in large containers. For use in the "special sauce". For Big Macs at McDonalds.

Sorry.
    ^^THAT is awesome! Ok so not really awesome, I guess, but it verifies what I've been leaning toward believing- name brands make store brands. What really irks me though is when restaurants put no name ketchup in Heinz bottles. We all know you're cheap. Don't try to hide it. K sorry for the hijack.
    lilo0003, Shwa Girl and GeorgiaK like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post

Sorry.
    Same with ketchup my hubby said - the no name and a few other companies is made by Heinz too and then when I was working at Sobey's HQ one day the maple leaf chicken guy came in. He said store name and brand name is the same - all made done by maple leaf. the only ones they don't package is Walmart and from that day forward I don't buy package chicken there.
    I will only buy Kraft Dinner - I rather pay extra because the other ones tastes funny. Hubby likes Kraft PB and Smuckers Jam.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

... some store brand ketchups may be Heinz, but they change a thing or two before putting another label on it. Because they won't have store brand tasting just like their own or they'd lose the exclusivity of the taste. I did a taste test on ketchup in high school and won. They said I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Heinz, Aylmer and two store brands. I sure did get all 4 right. lol
    Also I tend to stick to Maxx Scoop cat litter as it keeps the smell down and clumps up wonderfully, cutting down on the amount of litter I use, and Purina cat food, because I've seen the difference in my cats' fur after Meow Mix and then Purina One. It made me feel guilty that I gave them Meow Mix. lol
    Last edited by CanadianCouponCollector; Thu, Aug 1st, 2013 at 10:46 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Do you mean the BBQ chicken or the deli meat chicken?
    Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    Same with ketchup my hubby said - the no name and a few other companies is made by Heinz too and then when I was working at Sobey's HQ one day the maple leaf chicken guy came in. He said store name and brand name is the same - all made done by maple leaf. the only ones they don't package is Walmart and from that day forward I don't buy package chicken there.
    I will only buy Kraft Dinner - I rather pay extra because the other ones tastes funny. Hubby likes Kraft PB and Smuckers Jam.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

the only brand im loyal to is Ocean Spray cranberry cocktail (i swear they used to have a straight cranberry juice, but never see it anymore, maybe im crazy )
    ocean spray cranberry cocktail tastes best, recently bought minute maid cranberry cocktail..yuck.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Then you definitely want to stay away from the store brands. Taste like grape juice
    Quote Originally Posted by mcon View Post
    the only brand im loyal to is Ocean Spray cranberry cocktail (i swear they used to have a straight cranberry juice, but never see it anymore, maybe im crazy )
    ocean spray cranberry cocktail tastes best, recently bought minute maid cranberry cocktail..yuck.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

I used to work for a company that dealt with foodservice market share info. Our clients were all the big players: Heinz, Unilever, Campbell's and so on and so on. It's all the same lol, branded or not branded. Ever notice SDM carries mostly dairyland/Saputo products? And hmmm, they have their own brand of cheese...and they have their marketplace cheese and the saputo shredded cheese....hmmm lol I think you get where I'm going with this.

Anyways, things I won't cheap out on are most cosmetics and hair products.
    xox2010 and torontogal12 like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Do you mean the BBQ chicken or the deli meat chicken?
    raw meat - when sobeys says its there brand or no label just sobeys or loblaws - its all maple lead chicken and then they package it with their label. So now I don't by Maple Leaf chicken breasts I just get No Frills or Fortinos.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information