User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Fed up with Shaw, they couldn't care less about customer retention!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Tried to call Shaw today to get a better deal on my internet as they keep increasing the price and we basically get crap all for what we pay. Telus's deals seem way better, I called them and they offered me a better deal.

Spent nearly FOUR hours on the phone and in the queue for a chat rep today and got NOWHERE. The first lady in retention basically told me I was being lied to by Telus and would not get the deal they offered me and tried to push an upgraded TV package onto me and get me to switch my home phone to them and the second guy was a bit nicer but basically told me they're not doing anything for me and also tried to get me to upgrade to TV.

What a waste of time. We have been Shaw customers for at LEAST 14 years. Customer retention my butt, instead of giving me any budge room they just try to give me more services I don't want or need and did not ask for! Prices keep going up up up and we get slower and slower unreliable internet. It's ridiculous.

I read somewhere it costs 20x as much to get a new customer as it does to keep one. Guess that's why they can't afford to lower my prices.
    This thread is currently associated with: Telus, Guess
    plc, DaveP and i_forget like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I'd say that you have good cause to take your business elsewhere given their bad attitudes! I wouldn't have been patient enough to wait four hours. You gave them more chances than they deserved.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    44 (100%)

I cut my cable with Shaw 2 years ago and they still call me every month with "offers" to try and persuade me to turn it back on. It's unreal.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    154 (100%)

I'm actually surprised. We switched about 1.5 years ago to Shaw and they are way better than Telus. Not only in pricing but customer service. Once your Telus deal runs out the prices sky rocket. I know people who are with Telus and paying double what we are. I'd make sure to inquire about what you'll be paying once the promotion ends. Sorry you got crap service from Shaw
    GoJays and Tere E like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I found the same thing when I left shaw and switched to Telus. I did get a better deal with Telus and they kept their word but the grass is not always greener. I have been with them less then 3 years and I have gone through about 4 pvrs and I think this one is going soon. Last year I went without phone, internet or TV for over a week and had to beg for someone to come out as they kept making excuses. Finally agreed to come and they guy didnt show up. So then fought with them and finally got a guy to come and he fixed in less then a minute before he even rang the door bell and said the installer , installed it wrong and the cord was bent and it shouldnt be. Yes the compensated me after I fought with them again. But why do I have to fight with someone so much when I am paying you for a service. My contract is up and I am looking at changing to bell or back to shaw

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, that's too bad, but we've had the same experience as DolceBella - nothing but good from Shaw, price-wise, especially great customer service and beyond amazing tech support (though it's not required often at all).

Hope you find better luck with Telus.
    GoJays likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've been with Shaw for a long time and have been happy. It's too bad you were treated like this. Maybe contact a supervisor and tell them your experience. Hopefully they will work something out. Good luck with whatever you choose
    GoJays likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DolceBella View Post
    I'm actually surprised. We switched about 1.5 years ago to Shaw and they are way better than Telus. Not only in pricing but customer service. Once your Telus deal runs out the prices sky rocket. I know people who are with Telus and paying double what we are. I'd make sure to inquire about what you'll be paying once the promotion ends. Sorry you got crap service from Shaw
    i bundle phone, internet, and tv with telus, and its only $110 a month,which is what it would cost alone for the tv (full package), so i dont get how the prices could sky rocket..high speed internet no problems ever.
    and for customer service, i had 1 problem (which turned out not to be telus' problem at all)
    but when the technician came to my house, he noticed some of my wire were old, so he rewired my house for free. i call that good customer service.

for opening poster, you need to say you want to cancel your subscription (or whatever its called) before they are allowed to offer discounted prices, you can't just ask them for it.
    Last edited by mcon; Sat, Aug 24th, 2013 at 07:24 PM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

mcon, that's what I actually ended up doing, and they still more or less told me to suck it. They transferred me to retention and the girl I got basically said telus was lying to me, and if I want anything better than what I'm getting, the prices are ______.

I tried again over their web chat, asking where I could find the number to get direct to cancellations and the guy asked if there was anything he could do to make me stay. I told him I was looking to get better internet for a decent price as what we're getting is mediocre and we're paying more than we really should be. He basically gave me the "telus sucks, we're better" spiel (just like that, very bluntly letting me know how he figured they'd screw me over!) and then ended the conversation saying my wait in cancellations' phone queue will be short.

I pulled out all the tricks in the book for getting a better deal aside from talking to a supervisor. I'm going to make one last ditch effort and call again another day to ask for one, but you'd think after telling somebody you want to cancel they'd at least offer to knock $5 or $10 off your bill in retentions, but I guess not.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

then simply call the customer service phone number, and say you want to cancel
    dont listen to their propaganda that "telus sucks" or whatever, just say you want to cancel, if they dont give you discount to stay, then just phone telus and sign up. if shaw send you a bill, ignore it , you told them to cancel it.

plc
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I hear you.

I've looked into switching to Telus from Shaw. I looked at what I'm paying now and what the same services would cost moving to Telus and with telus's promotional pricing it worked out to the same price over 36 months. The big thing with switching to Telus is the free TV, laptop or tablet. When I do switch, I will do the 3 year contract with Telus and after it is done if there is no incentive to stay I will go back to Shaw for their intro offer and then back to Telus.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

One of my receivers died this past weekend.. I wonder what my service will be like when I make the call.. I'll report back later.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

GoJays: My receiver has died.
    Bell Service Rep: LOLOLOLOLOLOL - yeah, so?
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

seriously? how rude!
    i_forget likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If anyone is interested in latest shaw promos pm me

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information