User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Mega Brag! 35 Dozen Free Eggs!

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I got 35 dozen eggs free this morning! That`s right, 35 dozen free eggs. Both fridges are full of eggs! They are peewee to small eggs but free is free. Some of the eggs are double yokers.

My daughter lives in the country and her hubby is a truck driver who delivers wood shavings to farmers, including chicken farmers for the food market. The chicken Producer cannot sell the eggs because he isnt licensed to sell the eggs. He cant even give them away to food banks. So he gives them away to anyone who wants them. Early this morning he delivered 80 dozen eggs to my daughter`s house. The eggs were picked this morning so they will keep in the fridge for at least 2-3 months. He also told my daughter he will be delivering more this week. So, im going to be making pickled eggs; lots of boiled eggs for sandwiches and salads; baking, etc. Also i want to try freezing some eggs. If anyone knows how to freeze eggs, let me know. Last year i didnt freeze any because i used them all up.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    linnyeg, super_e, Natalka and 16 others like this.

Frugalmom
    Trading Score
    108 (100%)

Wow. Awesome brag. We go through lots of eggs. I was excited to find an egg coupon this am....save 1.00 wub 2 dozen (found at a small town Foodland)
    Open an account with Tangerine (ING) using my ORANGE KEY...29564343S1. When you open an account and deposit 100.00 you and I will both receive $25.00. Wait that's not all.....I will also send you 15.00 worth of coupons from your wishlist as a way of saying thanks.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

EGGcellent lol....sorry had to
    super_e, mydusty, walkonby and 7 others like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 03:45 PM.

2 tired 2 b creative here CanadianCouponCollector's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

.... get crackin' on the baking! lol

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    I got 35 dozen eggs free this morning! That`s right, 35 dozen free eggs. Both fridges are full of eggs! They are peewee to small eggs but free is free. Some of the eggs are double yokers.

My daughter lives in the country and her hubby is a truck driver who delivers wood shavings to farmers, including chicken farmers for the food market. The chicken Producer cannot sell the eggs because he isnt licensed to sell the eggs. He cant even give them away to food banks. So he gives them away to anyone who wants them. Early this morning he delivered 80 dozen eggs to my daughter`s house. The eggs were picked this morning so they will keep in the fridge for at least 2-3 months. He also told my daughter he will be delivering more this week. So, im going to be making pickled eggs; lots of boiled eggs for sandwiches and salads; baking, etc. Also i want to try freezing some eggs. If anyone knows how to freeze eggs, let me know. Last year i didnt freeze any because i used them all up.
    If you coat some of the eggs in mineral oil they will be good for 5 to 8 months... they still need to be refrigerated... and they are not good for things like meringue or whipping the whites once they are coated... but they work great in cookies or with bacon on sunday morning. With that many eggs i would be making lemon curd like there is no tomorrow and canning it up! (we called it lemon cheese as kids)

If your freezing the whites you can make a bunch of custards up with the yokes... YUM! Good luck this all sounds like a lot of work!

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Ok, here is a question about freezing eggs. Can i scramble a bunch of eggs and then put them in individual thingies in the ice cube trays, like ice cream pops but without the sticks? then what do i do with them?. Do i just leave them in the trays or take them out and put them in freezer bags? Someone told me to do them up like that because you can freeze liquid eggs or something like that. Any ideas or suggestions about this?
    Shwa Girl and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    That is a LOT of eggs!!

To freeze them I would beat a bunch of eggs together (since peewees are only 3/4 the size of a large egg that you use standard in baking) then measure 1/4 cup of the mixed egg into snack size ziplocks and freeze. Because each "egg" is individually wrapped you can thaw "one" egg in cold water in its bag. Do up some bags with just yolks or just whites in case you need that for recipes. Then you can do a lofty lemon meringue pie with extra whites and custards with extra yolks.

I'd be looking for sponge cake recipes about now (they use a lot of eggs) or thinking crepes. You can dress veggies with olive oil, salt pepper and mashed hard boiled egg and it is a nice touch, especially with asparagus. Quiche freezes well. Custard pie with just a touch of almond essence (aka "Milk tart"), sour cream custard pie, etc. just use basic ingredients plus a lot of eggs.

I am EGGS-ited for you! great deal!
    Ok, i like this idea of freezing the mixed eggs in snacksize ziploc baggies. this is what i will do. Thanks for the in put!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh my, I would be making the Ziploc Omelettes, (you can view it on You Tube), then freeze them. Weight Watchers makes a breakfast omelette & it's frozen so I don't know why you couldn't freeze an omelette.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

worlds largest omelet was 145,000 eggs
    largest "scrambled egg" was 20,000 eggs...

you have a long way to go.

Trading Score
    200 (100%)

OMG, DH and I are soooo jealous!!
    avoncallingu and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Yum ! Great brag ! I could easily live on egg salad sand's and potato and egg salad !!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Great bag. So good you are willing to do a little work--pays big dividends!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Patty Smyth and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

^^ignore the prepping preaching on that top vid and you get great info!
    SnowFlakey and oscarandme like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information