User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: "clear shampoo" lunatic in port alberni.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Tue, Jan 20th, 2015 at 08:56 AM.
    couponandoff likes this.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Thanks for the info! I was more concerned with the losers who steal coupons. But I do not expect eBay to screen for that, but I would like to get some feedback from them about this. Also going to start contacting stores about what they are or are not doing about coupons creeps who steal coupons.

I think this is going to be my little side project for a while. These stupid people are ruining a good thing and denying honest people a chance to save because they are stupid and greedy.

We may consider it stealing but the law system doesn't as coupons are free and have no cash value.... If you really think of it even our own trading section here on SC fuels people to take more coupons then their needs to turn around and exchange for coupons that they haven't had a chance to get.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dariusz8 View Post
    We may consider it stealing but the law system doesn't as coupons are free and have no cash value.... If you really think of it even our own trading section here on SC fuels people to take more coupons then their needs to turn around and exchange for coupons that they haven't had a chance to get.
    No cash value? You just provided me of an example showing the opposite. That is the point of crossing the line, taking coupons en mass to sell at a profit on eBay or in the alley.

Trading coupons with others in my opinion is not at all the same, since all parties involved benefit from the promotion. Stealing them permanently denies me the chance to enjoy the benefit, and the entities promoting the coupons are denied access to those potential customers.
    renegado and couponandoff like this.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Yes the coupon has no cash value hanging in the store.... That's why taking them doesn't get you busted by LP on the way out of the store. Its me, you and others that put the value on them when we want it and can't find it...
    couponandoff and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes the coupon has no cash value hanging in the store.... That's why taking them doesn't get you busted by LP on the way out of the store. Its me, you and others that put the value on them when we want it and can't find it...
    Now what I want to learn from the stores, companies doing the promoting etc, is stealing entire wads of coupons to sell at a profit a crime, or something they choose to just ignore. Based on what I am reading, coupon theft extends to stealing newspapers to. How creepy is that? Stealing newspapers to!

I'd be so embarrassed to be a coupon creep! LOL! Anyway, I'll start contacting these parties this week once I informed myself a bit better on this. Thanks for your thoughts, I appreciate it.
    couponandoff likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I did not know about this, it made national news... my hometown Humble, TX coupon fraud by employee's!

http://www.moneytalksnews.com/2012/0...s-to-avoid-it/

Four supermarket cashiers were recently brought up on criminal charges – for theft via coupon.
    They used the cash register “coupon override function” to help customers steal nearly $70,000 worth of groceries from the Humble, Texas, Kroger where they worked

Read more at http://www.moneytalksnews.com/2012/0...vB0zwiPmKHw.99
    couponandoff and dariusz8 like this.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Now what I want to learn from the stores, companies doing the promoting etc, is stealing entire wads of coupons to sell at a profit a crime, or something they choose to just ignore. Based on what I am reading, coupon theft extends to stealing newspapers to. How creepy is that? Stealing newspapers to!

I'd be so embarrassed to be a coupon creep! LOL! Anyway, I'll start contacting these parties this week once I informed myself a bit better on this. Thanks for your thoughts, I appreciate it.
    Yes if there's a cost to it like newspapers then taking more then you pay for is stealing... Have heard people busted for this. In the end I don't think the company issuing the tear pad really cares as they have been aware of this for a long time. Complaining I think will only lead to less tear pads and more secure pintable's being issued as a result. I have noticed that it has already headed this way a lot. I think of these people as scalpers really.... We all know coupons come free but if we really want something bad enough, well you pay for it if its the only way.
    lecale and couponandoff like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I clicked both the links posted and they are not for the tear pads that were taken but for the insert $3 coupons! Thw tear pads are for 2$
    how long does it take someone shopping to rip off 5 tear pads? a couple minutes? now lets say there was about 50 coupons in each of the pads, 5 tear pads that 250 coupons. Now lets look at this ebay poster http://www.ebay.ca/itm/15-3-00-off-A...item2eca20f12f highest bid so far is $8.75 for 15 coupons and still has 4 days of auction to go. Now 250 /15 = 16.67 possible auctions this person can possibly hold.... (16.67 X $8.75)totaling $145.86 clean tax free profit. That means someone working for minimum wage in Ontario ($10.25) would have to work just over 14 hours to earn the same amount of income.... but would also still have to share some of there earnings with the government.
    Last edited by ostle84; Mon, Sep 9th, 2013 at 01:12 AM. Reason: typo city
    couponandoff likes this.

damp is a gross word.
    Trading Score
    263 (100%)

As always, love the debate between Vesper & dariusz8.

- and the opinions expressed in the moneytalksnews article were of interest too.

FT: AYLMER ACCENTS / LEAN CUISINE / LYSOL HANDSOAP / GOLD BOND and more
    ? Are you curious ? My quest to separate cheese from bras in the Deals & Flyers Forum

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

+1. this type of behaviour makes it bad for everybody. At a GT that I shop at they keep coupons with the cashier so this doesn't happen which stinks for us who want to get a couple to use where we want to.
    couponandoff and jezz like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    154 (100%)

I didn't realize the Jane's coupon was going to be so popular. I went to SOF today and all tearpads were completely gone. I only wanted a couple coupons... I guess I'll check another store
    Luckily I found the $1.00 off any Liberte yogurt. That made me VERY happy!
    couponandoff likes this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

We have the same issue here in Calgary in the SE area of the city at least and probably others too. One of my dd's was in a Sobeys one day and there were totally full pads of coupons. She took her usual 5 or 6. When she brought me two (for the Lactancia cream) I asked her if she could quickly go back and get me another 5 or 6 as I go through a 1 litre carton every week. So she said she would pop by the next day....GONE...not a single coupon left. She said she did a quick run though of the store and every single holder was totally empty.

Seriously, haven't people learned yet, you only end up throwing them in the garbage when they expire. Please, take what you need and leave some for everyone else. We can all get our own coupons and don't need your help. They would be much EASIER to find if you would just leave them alone.....hoarder...grrrrr
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information