User Tag List

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Is there a spot to post shutterfly discount or free codes? I keep getting codes that I won't use. I have given them away on Facebook but would rather give them away here.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

OT but an FYI about Shutterfly: I used shutterfly for my son's first christmas cards last year. I put the order in second week of November. After many phone calls to them( shipping was supposed to be a maximum of 2 weeks) it turns out that they sent my cards out to someone else, and assured me that I would be getting them in a timely manner... I got them January 25th, a whole month after Christmas and the cards were terribly printed. And the photo that I uploaded was done with a professional photographer, so not sure why it came out so horribly when Costco did a much better job! So I have cards that I can no longer distribute without looking like I was a procrastinator and some stranger has pics of my son?!? Never will I use Shutterfly again, even with free codes. The kicker was I still paid over regular pricing, 40.00 for 25-30 cards...
    Sorry about the vent- still kinda cranky about it!

couponchick
    Trading Score
    172 (97%)

i ordered a book for my mom last year of her grandson and it was TERRIFIC, i would order another one this year! If you ever have extra codes I wouldnt mind one or two!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Maybe the coupon trading board? Just post when you get a code to share?

As for the other post I have never had anything but GREAT customer service & amazing items from Shutterfly.
    I printed some wedding photo's from them and then did some at walmart.
    I threw the walmart ones out. The pictures where identicle. The colour and quality from shutterfly was sooo much better!
    I did most of our wedding photos & photo books with them and for our anni we were given a free photo book code from them.

I've done multiple albums, cards, mugs, posters & countless prints.
    Only problem I had was a mistake I did & they went the extra mile to fix it.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

LOVE shutterfly!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

I love Shutterfly too! I ordered birth announcement cards, using my GTG points and they turned out great! I was really happy with them

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There is a My Little Pony named Shutterfly. I thought there was a deal on it right now or something -- I am a loser LOL.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Thanks for the replies! The codes I have are for prints as I just do photobooks with my pictures now. I'll put them in the trading section. I've done a few books through Shutterfly and have been happy with them although the pictures in the last one were pretty dark and grainy. If it hadn't been a free book I would have complained!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I love Shutterfly, I find the quality of their products to be amazing... but I too have had shipping issues with them in the past. However, if you call to complain, they will totally credit you everything you spent on the order... I use them when I'm not in a rush to get my prints/photo books.

Another GREAT photo book site, is Mixbook... Check them out - they are actually pretty awesome!!!
    Fa La La La La, La La La La

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by adoerrie30 View Post
    I love Shutterfly, I find the quality of their products to be amazing... but I too have had shipping issues with them in the past. However, if you call to complain, they will totally credit you everything you spent on the order... I use them when I'm not in a rush to get my prints/photo books.

Another GREAT photo book site, is Mixbook... Check them out - they are actually pretty awesome!!!
    That's good to hear about Mixbook! I have a groupon that I'm using for a family book for FIL for his 65th birthday. I bought it crossing my fingers that they did good work!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by adoerrie30 View Post

A few of my friends recommended shutterfly to me, so I decided to get the cards done because of the great selection of styles and backgrounds. Yes, they did offer to credit me for only half of the amount... because the shipment was "in transit" although it was already into the new year. I argued that since they were christmas cards and I was calling again in January that the were too late for me to distribute. She was at an international call centre and didn't quite get the significance of it being christmas cards and suggested that I mail them out to family and friends anyway. No thanks - already had back up plan with Costco. I figured 7 weeks before christmas was enough time to get them back, especially since they were quoting me only 2 weeks max. Oh well live and learn. I'm glad everyone else had better experiences, as for me, once bitten twice shy. Can't afford to take the risk of them messing up any more of my first born's precious memories. Maybe I will try Mixbook and see if they are any better, because I love photobooks, so very professional!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The Mixbook site, I found, had much more creative backgrounds and offerings for the photo books (like a Vegas specific photo book theme - and they also have 'stickers' - a choice of different icons to add to the pages).

The other thing I loved about Mixbook vs. Shutterfly - is with Shutterfly, once you pick a theme for a book, you have to stick with that theme... whereas with Mixbook, if you picked a wedding theme for example, and then wanted to also make it a honeymoon book, you can switch the theme halfway through, and it won't force you to apply it to all the pages.

I also have a Groupon for Mixbook, which is how I discovered them... I've been pretty pleased with their offerings so far as well.

But I must admit, Shutterfly has the brightest sharpest prints I've seen in a long time... so for me, they are worth the wait... but I understand in your circumstance Mulveyteach, that I would have been upset about the card being late too (I had that happen with my Valentine's Card last year, and I was upset, but I let it go... However, when my pictures were over a week late, was when I called and got my pictures and shipping credited. Sorry to hear they weren't as easy-going with you about the credits for the cards )
    Fa La La La La, La La La La

Thread Information