• 1 Post By scouponer
  • 2 Post By mrsf1sh
  • 1 Post By peachies
  • 1 Post By amcintyre780

Thread: shoppers personal email craziness

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Is it just me or do other people have crazy things happen when they use the shoppers personalized emails?

DH had some good personalized email coupons this week from shoppers so off I go with card to do the 20x.
    I was hoping to stock up on Palmolive dish soap as he got a $1.50 coupon so only $.50 each except for this coupon it only worked on one of them. so as I have a bunch of soap already I decided not to buy the other 4.

Then he had a coupon for $3.00 pantene conditioner on sale for $3.88 today. nope doesn't take the $3.00 off. Cashier says it is because of the points event. No I don't think so because the palmolive coupon worked. So I have her take them off as I have a lot of shampoo as well and $3.88 is not a good enough deal based on what I have at home.
    This is where it gets cuckoo! I buy 2 clear shampoo and 2 clear conditioner on sale for $3.88 - 2 $3 off coupons and 2 Bogo coupons. Great deal! All fine. When I look at the receipt the $3.00 pantene conditioner coupon has worked only not on the pantene but on the clear conditioner so it works out that i made about $4 on the clear shampoo because the shoppers ecoupon came off the wrong product and came off both of the clear conditioners I bought.
    It is hard to plan a shop when you want to make sure you have enough to reach the points but really no idea how these coupons are going to work.

a couple of weeks ago I bought LB papertowels with $1.50 e-coupon which also worked on Bounty papertowels too and the cashier let me use my bounty coupons because neither of us realized that I got the discount on the bounty towels.

Craziness but in a good way. Is anyone else having these kind of things happen to them? sometimes the e-coupons will work on multiple items and sometimes it only comes off of one and sometimes it comes of an entirely different product.
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart
    queeniecat123 likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

I have used 1.15 off any huggies wipes and it took it off of huggies and pampers wipes. It was the small pampers pack 1.99/18 count. 0.84 total and I got 1500 bonus points for them too
    Cocottee00 and scouponer like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

This happened to me too today!!!....I had a 2.00 off pantene conditioner personalized coupon. But it also worked for all of the Clear shampoos and conditioners i bought. So basically for 3.54 I bought 4 bottles. Crazy. Yet when i used my .75 off lays chips it only worked once but on a bag of doritos i bought..LOL
    scouponer likes this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I don't understand whats happening but sounds like a good deal

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know it is weird... I mean I,love surprises but I also want it to work on what it is supposed to, it helps with the planning for sure ! Oh we'll all part of the adventure!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I had the same with the Pomolive today, but also got a personalized coupon for $1 off any Lays chips and they are on for $1.77 so only $0.77 a bag!
    scouponer likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Great brag.
    just a point though. You used two Clear Coupons on one clear product in my opinion. You used two BOGO to get two clear shampoo/conditioner free and pay for two. Then you used2x $3 Coupon again on the Clear product you were paying for. I might be wrong here but that's what I understood. Nevertheless if the cashier let you use it then that's ok.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by moon18 View Post
    Great brag.
    just a point though. You used two Clear Coupons on one clear product in my opinion. You used two BOGO to get two clear shampoo/conditioner free and pay for two. Then you used2x $3 Coupon again on the Clear product you were paying for. I might be wrong here but that's what I understood. Nevertheless if the cashier let you use it then that's ok.
    I bought 4 clear products, 2 shampoo and 2 conditioners. I used one cents off coupon and one bogo coupon for 2 items. That is allowed, you can't use for example $3 off 2 and a bogo . As for getting the extra $3off each of the clear conditioners, that was some weird thing going on with shoppers system as the coupon was for Pantene conditioner which it didn't work on for some reason so I didn't buy them. I hope I am responding correctly to what you are saying. Bogo is always confusing.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

What a nice surprise for you! I love there personalized coupons

Thread Information