User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Shopping Online or In Person?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For all The women out there I need your help, I need to know when Buying Clothing,purses , shoes and accessories do you prefer:

• Go to the Store even you have to travel up to 30 min and get the item instantly and know it fits right and is what you wanted.
    • Purchase Online and wait at least a week or more to receive the item , hoping that when it arrives it fits properly and is the colour, fit etc that the picture entailed.
    • Online for purses and Shoes only
    • Online for Clothing only
    • Online for accessories only
    • Online for purses only
    • Online for everything except clothing
    • Online for everything except shoes
    • Online for everything except Purses
    • Online for everything except accessories
    • Never online always go top the store
    • Will buy expensive cocktail dresses online
    • Will Only buy expensive cocktail dress in store
    • Will buy designer clothing online
    • Will only buy designer clothing in store

I would love to know what people prefer and if it is different than what is posted here please let me know
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Crystal Gard; Mon, Oct 7th, 2013 at 08:07 PM. Reason: add more content
    amcintyre780 likes this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Depends. If I`m feeling impulsive yet reclusive I shop online. I usually find good deals + free shipping. I don`t ONLY buy one thing online or in store.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Shoes I always buy online (size 11, too hard to find in store)
    Handbags I buy online
    Clothing, I buy about 85% of it online

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

It depends for me, I like to buy my accessories online like on Ebay because you can find things for SO much cheaper! Clothing I will buy t shirts and sweaters (things that are pretty universal with size) online but blouses I won't because I've had bad luck with them either not fitting properly or not looking like the picture. I rarely buy shoes online as the sizing can vary so much from brand to brand, but sandals I will because they are a bit more forgiving. Jeans can also be tough, although I have had great luck with jeans from beyondtherack.ca. One rule I have with online shopping is I WONT pay shipping. Sometime shipping can be more than the item (especially living in Canada) and that's insane! I try and wait for free shipping days, promotion codes, or sign up vouchers to cover the cost of the shipping. Sometimes when you can combine free shipping, sales & coupon codes you can get a much better price than purchasing in store! Although it is kinda a bummer having to wait lol!
    itsmewhoelse likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Online sites are used mostly for pricing and getting a sense of how varied the selection of an item is or what brands/sizes are carried. I go in-store for clothing unless it is a brand that I can rely on for sizing. Most brands do not fit alike in their size so that's a continuing issue.
    Cleo carries suit pants but I recently got an email (signed up for their e-mails because of online promos for pants that I wish had known about earlier) that suiting is only carried in certain mall locations and my Hamilton mall is not on that list.
    Sears showed Fennelli and Columbia brand winter jackets in its recent winter extra catalogue-no stock in the store! Only Sears brands were on the racks-but the other brands were not marked catalogue-only in the guide when I saw them. Sorry, I need to try the coats on to see where I am covered and where I need to try another size or brand. Not risking the shipping charge for a catalogue coat when sizing is not reliable.
    luckbealady likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I live in the boonies...if I want to buy anything more exotic than food , I have to travel 30, 40, 50, 60 minutes to get to a more major shopping centre. It's the price I pay for living where I do..

That said..the only thing I buy online is books..I'm petite in height so I like to try on clothes before I buy..constantly having skirts, dressers and trousers tripping me up is a pain..I want to know how much I need to alter clothing before I pay out for it..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

i wish i could buy everything i need on line or by catalog......i hate shopping and try to spend the less time i can in stores.....however, not all ecommerces deliver to PO boxes and/or accept that you pay with pre paid credit cards + you really need to know the size you fit in
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Is this for a school project? Marketing company?
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

I often like clothes on the hanger but when I try them on, they don't fit well. So I do a bit of online shopping for clothes, but only items I don't have to worry as much about the fit like a t-shirt or skirt. I would buy more online if I knew the fit would be good.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For what you are looking for, specifically sites that can help you find the best price for what you want.According to my knowledge Online shopping is the best way for all..

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I tend to buy clothes, shoes, purses and accessories in store. Why? I prefer trying on clothes, shoes etc because I know whether or not they fit properly. Purses I like to check if the pockets are large enough etc. I live in a city so fortunately not far from stores.

I do buy books and sometimes cosmetics online (Amazon, Chapters, Sephora etc)
    luckbealady likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Is this for a school project? Marketing company?
    My parents are opening a store and aren't sure if they want to get into online selling or sell only in their store.
    torontogal12 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks everyone who has already posted! Your comments are very helpful

Lucille Wingfield
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you really want to buy from online stores.. try ebay and make sure you buy from users with good positive rating..

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm really off Ebay these days - I find the local seller is gone, and its mostly overseas sellers (that are often not trustworthy). I do buy online, but perfer the smaller, more regional or national business! (In Canada)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information