User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Shopper's Video Game Pre-Sale ---- FAIL!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well,
    As I had originally feared, Shopper's cannot handle video-game pre-sales.
    6 weeks ago I took the opportunity to pre-order the new Skylander's game at 79.99 and get 20x the points.
    When I pre-ordered, the staff had no idea how to handle the paperwork and system requirements for the pre-sale.
    It was a painful experience, but I ended up getting a bill and signed confirmation that the pre-order was registered.
    Today was the launch date, so I showed up at Shopper's to pick up my order.
    They had no idea what the game was, even though it was in the flyer for today.
    They confirmed they had not received any, and the system did not show any being delivered next week.
    The staff did try other locations for me, but it seems the other stores were clueless to the launch of Skylanders as well.
    Nobody had any stock, and nothing on delivery.
    A lot of apologies, but no confirmation of when the game would arrive.
    They said they have no control over what gets shipped for electronics. The orders are placed by HQ and they display what they get.
    I knew it was a big risk doing a video-game pre-sale at a pharmacy, but I figured 20x the points was the best deal out there for this game launch.

Anyway, they recommended I call HQ or come back next week to see if any stock is in. I told them the whole point of the pre-sale was to get it on launch day and have the item reserved for me. Clueless.
    I could always get a refund and pay back the points, but I figured I would wait one week and see what happens.

FYI, Toys R Us and future shop had tons of Skylanders in stock, so this was not a shipping issue from the manufacturer.
    This thread is currently associated with: Future Shop, Toys R Us
    Last edited by Panache70; Sun, Oct 13th, 2013 at 05:45 PM.
    PammieD and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Sorry to read that this happened to you. Given this was part of the electronics, I would've figured at least the photolab technician (and maybe front store manager) should know about these things as well.

The part about the stores having no control on what they order for these type of games/electronics is true. Perhaps they should have something like a fine print saying no guarantees for stock, lol. Have you ended up calling HO?

Good thing they had manners to apologize?
    "Expecto Patronum!" - Harry Potter

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Someone from HQ should contact me Tuesday. We'll see...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Panache70 View Post
    Someone from HQ should contact me Tuesday. We'll see...
    Sorry to hear about your experience. I did get mine - although they only got one copy and staff did not realize it was to be set aside for one person. Perhaps they sold yours?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, so sorry... hope it gets resolved for you.

My son usually pre-orders through EB games, sometimes Future Shop - to get the special goodies.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I did a pre-order with the last Harry Potter movie. It was the last time I will pre-order through them too. They didn't have it in stock, ect... I called HO and they were fantastic (I have to admit I haven't had a negative experience calling HO in a long time!) and also told the store to give me a $10 gift card for all my trouble!
    Natalka, PammieD and torontogal12 like this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Princess of Paying Less katie333's Avatar
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I've done one pre-order and it turned out fine. When they scan the pre-order form it should do some sort of advance order, but I don't know if it truly works that way (but if it doesn't why bother having the UPC set up in the system?).

I will say that when my DH went to pick up his pre-order they could not find the matching pre-order form (store copy), but he had his own receipt so they used that. They did have a little box of games they put aside. We are scheduled to pick up another one in a few weeks so we'll see how it goes.
    torontogal12 likes this.
    Kate

Have a question about cross border coupon shopping? PM me!
    Earn free GC and more with Swagbucks!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks to all. We'll see how HQ handles this tomorrow...

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I pre-ordered 2 games (Battlefield and COD) - when I ordered the pre-orders weren't in the system yet, and she had to manually enter a title and price. Hopefully they'll have my games when they come out in a few weeks.

Luckily for me, they are Christmas presents, so even if I have to wait a bit, I can. I bought them during the redemption where 95,000 points was worth $220 - so I only paid tax on them. I'll take having to wait to get them over having to pay full price

Hopefully you'll get a resolution quickly!
    torontogal12 and Anna Michele like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

1:15pm... nobody has called.
    I suppose if 5pm rolls around, I will have to get a refund (lose the points) and buy the game somewhere else.
    Very dissapointed at how this was handled.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I never pre-order any games. I buy or redeem if available. Right now, Pokemon X and Y for the 3DS are hot items. EB Games near my house is sold out and the guy said that he forgot to set one aside for himself. I'm going to get Pokemon X for DS's Christmas gift tomorrow's 20x day. There is one location that has 2 of each. Was going to go today for $10 off WUS $50, but then I got the 20x email.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Try going to a low traffic store if you can. I've never pre-ordered but found 3 copies of GTA V at a low traffic SDM and managed to redeem for it two weeks after it had come out.

Stores that are closed on the weekend (like in Toronto and Montreal) are usually good for this.
    1:15pm... nobody has called.
    I suppose if 5pm rolls around, I will have to get a refund (lose the points) and buy the game somewhere else.
    Very dissapointed at how this was handled.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The problem here, is that in Quebec each Shopper's is individually owned. If I find it at another Shopper's (Pharmaprix) store, they would have to arrange to transfer it and charge the store where I did the pre-sale. I would have hoped that Shopper's would have found one for me and ensured to transfer it to my local store by now. Nobody has called back, so i am assuming they do not care about my particular case. I am not going to chase after them, when I know there are hundreds of copies available in a 5km radius of where I live at other retailers.
    Live and learn, I guess.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

The problem here, is that in Quebec each Shopper's is individually owned.
    That is how all Shoppers are operated, the main pharmacist is the store owner

Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you though! Like most people have already mentioned, I like to buy my stuff at Best Buy. They have their own rewards program too.
    "Expecto Patronum!" - Harry Potter

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just called the store and they did not have a clue.
    Seems the owner did not convey the message to the store manager, so nothing was done on their end.
    I had contacted HQ through Facebook, and they promised to get back to me today but that did not happen either.
    Best Buy sounds good to me.
    Last edited by Panache70; Tue, Oct 15th, 2013 at 04:06 PM.
    Anna Michele likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information