Like Tree10Likes
  • 6 Post By lghend
  • 2 Post By Giving-Small
  • 2 Post By Momof3girlies

Thread: I think someone broke into my house today

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

I think someone broke into my house. The only thing that I can see is missing is my ipod. It was left right in open site in my computer. Why they didn't take anything else I don't know. Maybe the fact that the neighbours where home and they would have been nailed taking anything larger?

I think I know who did it. An ex girlfriend of one of my son's was seen leaving on myfront steps today while we were gone. One who was told that setting foot on my property is tresspassing. She has been in my house.

My dog passed away last week so now there is no deterent.

I half think I am just losing my mind but the ipod would scream on locate if it was in the house so it is gone and I know it was right there this morning. Why is nothing else gone so I know that I was really robbed (which is crossed with I am so glad that is all the person took and the whole - I HAVE BEEN ROBBED IN MY OWN HOME)

It is likely my own fault because I likely left the back door unlocked so I deserve to be broken into.

To the piece of pondscum who robbed me I hope that if you are not stupid enough to try and sell that ipod it causes you great harm when it breaks or blows up or something.

Now to go back and wait for the police so I can file a police report and have them go warn the once again and charge her if they can.

It has been a hellish few weeks
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I don't know how it works,but apparently there is a way to find missing Apple devices-maybe try googling it?hope you get it back.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No one has to right to come into your home EVEN IF you left all the doors and windows wide open with a sign that said "Not Home". It is NOT your fault that someone lacks decency and morals. You did not deserve to be robbed!! I hope it all works out for you.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lghend View Post
    No one has to right to come into your home EVEN IF you left all the doors and windows wide open with a sign that said "Not Home". It is NOT your fault that someone lacks decency and morals. You did not deserve to be robbed!! I hope it all works out for you.
    Well said!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

Already called Apple. I have a locate app on it but unless it gets turned on with wifi and it can conect I am out of luck. That or try and pawn it. It has been reported stolen now so it can be registered around town as stolen with the pawn shops but I have no idea if that means they take the item in and then give them to the police or if they just tell the person they are stolen and I am out of luck.

Pretty much out of luck.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Don't give up hope Kerrylj. I lost my cell last week (not the same as being robbed, I know) but after 3 days and retracing steps etc. I thought this is hopeless. I'll have to buy a new one. Then I got a phone call. Super nice young gal returned it.

If you have Kijiji - maybe post asking for information and reward for return like $20. Don't emphasize the stolen. Just the missing. For $20 someone might just return it. Doesn't hurt to try.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

I believe I know who stole it and what keeps going through my head is how desperate she must be to come here and do this. She is very sick and pathetic and now she has a baby and on the dole so she must really be hurting to be brazen enough to do this.

I am glad that more was not stolen and that checkout 51 can be done from a computer so it won't be as missed as it would have been without that.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I'm really sorry this happened to you. My apartment was broken into when I was a teen. I found the loss of items was much less than the fact that someone invaded my personal space. I'm so sorry you are experiencing this and the loss of your precious pet. Hang in.. bad times do pass. However, its really hard while you are going through it.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

I <3 SmartCanucks. Momof3girlies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

So sorry to hear about the loss of your pet. **HUGS** Now, I hope they catch the bugger that stole from you. Karma is a 'B' !
    Last edited by Momof3girlies; Wed, Oct 23rd, 2013 at 12:13 PM.
    wolfwoman and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm sorrry about your dog!!

Glad you reported it. If she sells it, I hope you can recover it. So glad nothing else was taken from you.

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Hey there!

If you have an Apple ID on your iPod, try using www.icloud.com

see if you can track it, if it is in your house, then 'sound' it so that you can try to locate its whereabouts.

If not, I'm sorry about your situation! I hope that you can maybe find it so it all works out!
    My Tradelist and Wishlist

Join the Purell Loyalty Program for easy rewards such as gift cards and coupons!

Get FREE Men's Boxers when 1O friends sign up
    http://www.comfortableboxers.com?kid=55D9S

Trading Score
    30 (89%)

awe honey...i am so sorry about your puppy...my pets are my kids...i love them so much! i know things will start getting better...keep positive and strong!
    Last edited by frugalqueen; Thu, Oct 31st, 2013 at 09:35 AM.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I'm so sorry that happened to you. Nobody deserves to have their space violated like that. I hope whoever took it gets caught.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Thread Information