User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Kamloops forum general chat - talk about anything!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It just occurred to me that we don't have a thread dedicated just to chatting about anything and everything, and I always feel awkward posting non-deal related things in deal threads.

So I'm starting one, since I like to chat randomly
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I got hired at LONDON DRUGS today! I'm a part time cashier, this is my first job. I'll be starting training Monday morning! So you guys will have to come and see me sometime! I'd love to meet everyone and put faces to names.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (98%)

I would never work where i shop!!!! would be to weird....but congrats!!! welcome to the next 40years in the work field!!!!!!!! NRI is hiring majorly!!! that's just in dallas.......

Coupon Lov-ah!
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Congratulations Chantel..I know you'll thrive there! The best of luck to you ;-)

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (98%)

OMG!!! I live in Orchards Walk- the new little community at the end of Valleyview--- and I just got new neighbours (.calliecat is in my list for not buying that unit)..... they started moving in yesterday.. all i have heard is fighting, swearing, screaming.... slamming doors, crashing, banging.... i will give them until they move in and that's it... if it continues im calling strata...... they don't realize how thin these walls are (they will soon figure it out)..... it looked to be a nice middle age couple... but now..... NOT SO MUCH!!!!!!....... I don't want to be y neighbor... but i work at 5am.. i go to bed early and i don't need to be hearing yelling and slamming doors all night!!!! (my vent for the day) hahaha

Coupon Lov-ah!
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

My vent for the day: I'm extremley jealous of the girls (and boys) in some of these other provinces who get more plentiful supplies of different (and fabulous) coupons in comparision to us LOL
    Someone told me they have occasional Double Coupon Days at some stores in Ontario? I'm so envious--I want to build a end of the world stockpile too...

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thank you guys! I'm so comfortable there, and I already know everybody I've talked to at least likes me, so I think it'll be a pretty good work environment! Plus I can let my love of coupons show all day every day!

I'm drawing a blank on what NRI is though.

Those neighbors sound terrible! I hope they stop soon

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

So...umm..does anyone know if London Drugs is taking in those method coupons from the last smartsource flyer even though it has a US mailing address? I heard some stores were still honoring it.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (98%)

NRI is a distribution center- just past the truck stop (shell) on dallas drive...... We have product like Oakley, DC, Quicksliver, Volcom, Roxy..... and we distribute to stores in Canada.....So if you go into Sport Check, West 49, Winners, Below the Belt.. (NRI sent them their clothing!!!) We Receive the clothing from the Manufacture, and then we pick them for orders, and ship them out!!!!!

Mynahbird
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Where do you apply to get work at NRI? Are they hiring part time? Is there ary heavy lifting in this job? I need work so I am asking. Thanks

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mynahbird View Post
    Where do you apply to get work at NRI? Are they hiring part time? Is there ary heavy lifting in this job? I need work so I am asking. Thanks
    You can go onto their website and send in your resume- or drop it off at the offices... Yeah, there is heavy lifting, but im 100pounds and ive been there 3years... i can handle it... i do have very bad back problems.. and i make it through a day.....

Trading Score
    5 (78%)

sooo here is my vent.. I didnt get to buy the place next to lilkaiser.. im just kinda in limbo right now.. i have seperated from hubby.. which I am please about.. I think he is as well.. hes just not showing to much love right now.. for lack of a better word.. It sucks.. but I will move on!! On a brighter note.. I took my stockpile from one house and opened my store * NOT LITERALLY * haha in my sisters spare bedroom.. to say she is happy about this is an understatement!!!
    Rachel.. get me a job there, Im tired of O.R/MDR.... very VERY depressing!

Name:  IMG00963-20110813-1048.jpg
Views: 1422
Size:  36.8 KB
    Last edited by .calliecat.; Sat, Aug 13th, 2011 at 04:02 PM.
    my daughter this she is *ssohh cooo* wearing her new shades.

Coupon Lov-ah!
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Holy Stockpile!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Sorry to hear about you and your husband Hope all goes well for you.

I'm sure it was a pain in the butt to relocate your whole stockpile though, LOL.

I went to walmart today after the store manager phoned me yesterday about the crazy cashier who freaked out at me 2 weeks ago over my protein bars. He had talked to the CSM who was helping, and she told him it wasn't me or my coupons that got her riled up, it was the people in front of me. I honestly didn't even notice anything was going on with them, I was too busy sorting my stuff on the belt. He apologized and said the cashier had the ability to remove herself from the floor if she wanted to, and didn't, and offered me a $25 gift card as an apology. I'm a lucky duck today!

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Calliecat I am sorry to hear about you and your husband...it is never an easy step to take...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information