Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By engo
  • 1 Post By jsmile
  • 1 Post By sun_shine

Thread: Personal points offer and mobile coupons

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Yesterday I went in to pick up some Vaseline because I had a personal points offer for 1000 points for any Vaseline, and my store has them on for $2.49 for the 295 mL bottles. I thought that I would get the points on every bottle I purchased in one transaction, but now I realize that they don't work like that! Anyway, I went back today to get a few more bottles on separate transactions, because I know that some of you have been able to use the same coupon multiple times. I probably should have made a few separate trips in order to be less obvious that I was using the same coupon many times, but I'm a bit under the weather right now and wasn't in the mood to do that lol.

I went up to the register and let the cashier know that I wanted to do each one on a separate transaction and she was okay with that. Then I told her I had a coupon on my phone and she told me that I wasn't allowed to use it, and I had to print the coupon. I went through the same thing yesterday, with the supervisor on duty not even knowing how to enter the coupon. I then found the part where it explains what they have to do (press coupon then F3 rather than F1 which they typically press for a coupon) and we figured it out fine. Today, knowing this, I told the cashier what she was supposed to do and she looked annoyed that I was trying to tell her what she had to do. After the first, then second transaction, she also got annoyed that I was making her do separate transactions I paid with a card that could just be tapped to make it as quick and easy for her as possible, but she still made me feel bad, like I was ruining her day! Maybe because she knew I wasn't supposed to use the coupon multiple times I won't try that again though; next time I get a great promo like that, I'll at least go on separate days and/or times if I want to use it more than once.

Anyway, it all worked out but she wasn't so nice to me. Also, just a note for those of you who don't have the mobile optimum/coupons accepted at your stores yet. When they do accept them, the staff likely still won't know how to use them!
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Don't feel too bad. I had similar experience when trying to help cashier to figure out which function key to use or when to key in gift card number when the GC is not recognized by the terminal. Some cashiers was annoyed the fact customers knew something they should have known. Some other cashiers are very opened and thankful to learn something "new". I guess it really depends on our luck.

Hope you feel better now and have better experience on getting more 1000's points from your future purchases.
    jsmile likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by engo View Post

Don't feel too bad. I had similar experience when trying to help cashier to figure out which function key to use or when to key in gift card number when the GC is not recognized by the terminal. Some cashiers was annoyed the fact customers knew something they should have known. Some other cashiers are very opened and thankful to learn something "new". I guess it really depends on our luck.

Hope you feel better now and have better experience on getting more 1000's points from your future purchases.
    Thanks I was even politely explaining it to her, letting her know that even the supervisor had a problem with it yesterday but that it worked out. I thought that might make her feel better, but apparently not! I took some Buckley's Complete, and hopefully I'll start feeling better soon!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by engo View Post

I find that some cashiers can get so offended. It is not like she/he is getting paid less. Plus it would be much worse to take all that time to figure out all the coupons + computer keys while the line behind me gets longer and longer. Even worse is if the person behind me filled out the online survey and said they had to wait forever. lol
    engo likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

They are still supposed to have the coupon (unless you live in one of the cities where they are trying mobile coupons in which case they scan them on your phone) but SDM cashiers can be the worst
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    They are still supposed to have the coupon (unless you live in one of the cities where they are trying mobile coupons in which case they scan them on your phone) but SDM cashiers can be the worst
    I'm in London and we are one of the cities with the mobile card/coupons. I think this started here months ago, so they probably just don't get many people aware of it and using the mobile ones. For some reason I didn't get any coupons to my email last week so I just decided to sign up for the mobile ones, knowing I'm in one of the cities accepting them I'm sure that wasn't the last time I'll have to explain to them how to ring them in, just hopefully the last time I'm met with such rudeness as a result.
    FallenPixels likes this.

Thread Information