User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: She actually left...

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

there are some single mothers out there who have the attitude that because they are a single mother the world owes them (they deserve the great deals, the extra hand out/help up, they get angry when things are out of stock...or if they are inconvenienced) and she was frustrated and slightly angered that some man was getting things for free when her as a struggling single mother isn't (it's not like the store just picked a person at random and said "hey you get your order free" ) atleast thats the impression i take from it

(note not saying all single mothers are this way..i'm pretty sure it's the opposite but i think it's a very small amount of single mothers are this way, they wear being a single mother as a badge of honor )
    dizzyb, macw1960, Decaf and 3 others like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I agree Midnightly, I worked with a single mom who would come in every morning with a Tim Hortons coffee and bagel ( I had a coffee or water at work), then go out for lunch everyday ( I brought mine from home), she would buy a carton of cigarettes every week ( I don't smoke). She would pay ( or free)$5.00 a day for daycare from the govt ( I didn't ). She would get food from the food bank, clothes, linens! furniture from this store that helps people in need!! She was making over $40,000, she felt entitled because she was a single mom, and she was taking advantage of the system!,
    Midnightly, Decaf and wolfwoman like this.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I think she created her own little drama out of pure jealousy.
    bellaswan likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Yeah i think she was just alittle jealous my husband is young just turned 20! but he could pass for 17-18 easily and he is a college student.We don't have any children but student loans are not cheap have to save where we can and just after i posted this thread my husband found out that the company he works for is closing down and he is going to be laid off as of the first.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

It amazing at what people would get mad at...if she only know how easy it is...
    LF: Colgate Toothpaste $1.50, Huggies & Pampers Coupons

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Full moon?

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Lol. I had that happen last year at Canadian Tire. It was during a week when they had toilet paper on for $1 and there were coupons for $1 as well. I had about 8 packs when I went up to the cash and I let a few people go ahead of me as there was only one checkout open. When I finally got up to the cash the woman started ringing everything in and the coupons while the guy behind me was huffing and puffing about it taking so long. Then he finally piped up and said, "You are taking all this time to ring her through when she is just getting the toilet paper for free anyways and I'm standing here waiting. Me, a paying customer." Then muttered something about if I couldn't afford toilet paper, "I need some serious help." The cashier offered to open another cash for him but he said forget it, left his cart, and walked out. I apologized to the cashier but she just said that it wasn't my fault he decided to come to the store and be a jerk and if she could be getting free toilet paper she would be too. She was really nice about the entire situation so I gave her the rest of the toilet paper coupons I had with me so she could buy some later. She thanked me and told me that she would be happy to ring me me through the cash anytime, even if I wasn't actually paying anything.

I think when things like that happen you just gotta laugh it off and move on with your day, some people just don't appreciate the power of coupons as much as others

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Lol...

I'm not exactly a graceful person and I probably would've been laughing as she stormed out. Reminds me of my 3 year old nephew having a tantrum.. Lord help that child she's raising.
    Last edited by Starstabbed; Fri, Jan 17th, 2014 at 01:38 PM.
    orchidgirl likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

lol what a strange reaction. And for all she knew he could have been a single parent as well. Of course I'm also not really sure why that should be relevant anyway...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information