User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Payless shoes tip for saving more if you know what to ask.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I just spent a long time trying to explain thread and everything went away.. so here it is again so please delete one fo these mods if twice..TY.

I have found this out a few years ago and have been lucky enough to apply this since. DH loves closed shoes because he hates showing his toes and I have found out that many men feel this way.. I hae been trying for years to convince DH to give those chubby little toes a break for summer. I found a style about 3 years ago at Payless here and i thought he might just give them a try. So when i was at my favorite Payless location, they did not have the size I needed so the manager checked in the database and they had a few pairs at the Orleans location and I am in the West end of Ottaw, I said I'll take them, I can return them if henot ready to come out? she laughed and said of course. of course me always asking for back-up.. can you please note model number, size, color, price and name of who you spoke to, she said of course but I will print-out on your receipt. I kindly said what receipt, well since we do not have your size we offer a 6.00 discount per pair to present to the location you are picking them up from and save even more.

What???? so sale price plus 6.00 per pair plus they were 50% on promotion sale from 69.99. I nearly dove over the counter and kissed her. I mosied to the other location and and got my 3 pairs for far less than the price of one full price and that time they had a promotion when printing the receipt to save 5.00 on next purchase. The planets were aligned I'm telling you that day.
    So every year around school time I anticipate a sale and cross my fingers and always have been lucky and Never saw anything posted about this since I have been reading on SC or maybe missed it so thought I'd share.
    So yesterday SC kindly posted the 40% off coupon and I thought I wonder.... I looked-up the item:

Sorry cut and paste photo but the red x marks the spot that did not work...they are Mens' Wetland Leather Bump Toe (still manly, and sporty and breathy) and they have other ones that are adorable like little boy ones in leather too for 19.99 I think U.S. (add a few dollars and check with a local store how much but 40% and if they do not have 6.00 off...

Called my favorite store, none in stock, last 2 pairs 9.5 at a mall near our home and she called, confirmed and called me back and I waited if she would offer but she did not so I asked" do you still offeryour 6.00 offer since your store does not carry"? and she replied "yes we do"! She called the store back and informed them of 6.00 offer X 2 pairs) and she called me back and said any problems tell tem to call this location and this is my name and I can confirm.

Note: Before you had to have the receipt but this time she just called and all was done. So half an hour later, with print-out in hand, coupons for SC for 40% off and name and store and contact name (hand-written on print-out) we were ready to get some sandals.

So sure enough. 29.99 sale price, minus 40% (thanks SC) and 6.00 off each: was about 33.00 (DH has invoice).

So this is similar to SCOP so ask: (do you still offer a discount of 6.00 if you do not carry the item and can find it at another?) and if I recall corectly the 6.00 is compensation for having to go to another location. they did not do transfers. If memory recalls that why the discount.

DH has progressed as well to open toe sandals too although he really should stick to closed (yuk) but the little guys are getting some air and sunshine once in a while and being diabetic, I just want them to be healthy and comfy so hope this tip helps for more savings. Enjoy..

Note:
    I always have trouble getting the Canadian Website to visit so remember the prices can be U.S. on the website..Just F.Y.I.

UPDATE:

This 40% sale was only good till August 25 because a member just asked for the link to coupon (thought I'd add-already over but...School starting soon..there will be some soon B1G1 or B1G half off second pair..) Stay tuned SC blog will let us know).
    This thread is currently associated with: Payless Shoes, Mark's
    Last edited by oscarandme; Sun, Aug 25th, 2013 at 09:05 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks for the tip, just about to head there this morning! lol nice timing
    oscarandme likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oscarandme!! You revealed something I have been getting for a while now, but I just never thought to post this. My whole brood are all BIGFOOTS! ( men 12, 14 and 15, gal 11) So they rarely have their sizes when I go to my closest store, and as you say, they phone around for us, find the store that has them and voila! extra discount!! Love it!!
    Snow In Summer and oscarandme like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Good luck, hope they don't have your size...let me know..

Quote Originally Posted by 1Dfan View Post
    thanks for the tip, just about to head there this morning! lol nice timing

2 tired 2 b creative here CanadianCouponCollector's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarandme View Post
    Good luck, hope they don't have your size...let me know..
    "Hope they don't have your size" lmao only on sc can that be considered a wish of good luck! lol

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    31 (100%)

I never knew about this! I wish I did though. Funny coincidence is that I also bought my significant other a pair of open-toed sandals from Payless but they didn't have his size lol, we ended up picking a different pair! Will remember this for next time ty!
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

discount on top of discount
    awesome
    the pics keep coming up "404 error"

are these the shoes?
    Name:  093484_4_490x490.jpg
Views: 1125
Size:  25.2 KB
    ticul and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Thank you so much for letting us know. This is new to me, so I will definetely keep this in mind the next time I'm at Payless.
    ticul and oscarandme like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Yes I found that out the other day as well.
    oscarandme likes this.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

They offer the coupon for children's shoes too. I don't know how much it is now (if it is the same $), but I did this for my wedding for my flower girls a few years back. I had a 4 girls that all needed shoes. (I had 4 flower girls and one maid of honour.) With the coupon and a sale I was able to get them for $13.00 a pair!! It is a great way to save a bit of extra money on such an expensive day.
    oscarandme likes this.
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Yes thank you so much, pictures tell a better story and help to remember the details. Thank you Shwa Girl...you're so good!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    discount on top of discount
    awesome
    the pics keep coming up "404 error"

are these the shoes?
    Name:  093484_4_490x490.jpg
Views: 1125
Size:  25.2 KB

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

That's fantastic! every penny counts and 6.00 off is a great diccount for a little bit of trouble to go get them. I thought someone posted before so glad...

Quote Originally Posted by matty's mom View Post
    They offer the coupon for children's shoes too. I don't know how much it is now (if it is the same $), but I did this for my wedding for my flower girls a few years back. I had a 4 girls that all needed shoes. (I had 4 flower girls and one maid of honour.) With the coupon and a sale I was able to get them for $13.00 a pair!! It is a great way to save a bit of extra money on such an expensive day.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

You are so welcome because when you finally find something you like and to be told, sorry!! Yuk... Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by FunShopper View Post
    Thank you so much for letting us know. This is new to me, so I will definetely keep this in mind the next time I'm at Payless.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Great deal. Nice to know of this discount! I had no idea something like this exists.
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I know that some Payless stores tend to carry larger sizes so if I wanted to inquire about a pair of shoes at local store and staffer found them at another store, the receipt with discount was given after phone confirmation of stock.
    Being a Payless Rewards member means coupon offers in the mail and or e-mail.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information