Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I will post the flyers tomorrow
    momi likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pandagal View Post
    Please excuse if this is an obvious question, but to get the $0.99 deal, are you price matching and then using p&g coupon and then Target coupon (from coupon book in pharmacy)?

I thought you couldn't price match AND use both coupons?
    Technically, you can. According to Target's coupon policy, they will subtract their own coupon from their regular price, then if the PM is still lower than the new price (reg. price - Target coupon) they will do the PM and then apply the manufacturer coupon. However, most cashiers don't seem aware of this and it doesn't seem to be enforced. They tend to do the PM and then subtract both coupons.
    momi likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by vaughngal View Post
    if u have the target cpn it will be .99. wow
    You can use Target coupons in other stores? What?!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

How can i find target coupon?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Momi where i can get sunlight coupon?pls help me.

2 tired 2 b creative here CanadianCouponCollector's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sun_shine View Post
    Technically, you can. According to Target's coupon policy, they will subtract their own coupon from their regular price, then if the PM is still lower than the new price (reg. price - Target coupon) they will do the PM and then apply the manufacturer coupon. However, most cashiers don't seem aware of this and it doesn't seem to be enforced. They tend to do the PM and then subtract both coupons.
    This isn't price matching and using a Target coupon, though. If they apply the Target coupon and then price match, they're really still just giving you the item for the same prices as the other store- so it's only price matching. Their wording is a complicated way of saying you can either price match OR apply a Target coupon- they'll give you whichever is the lower price. So if you're doing both you're just giving away your coupon.

EXAMPLE: Let's go with the Tide scenario. Pretend that specific Tide is $5.99 at Target regular price. You bring the flyer and coupons to the cash. They look at the price and determine that when they subtract their coupon it comes to $4.99. But Price matching would make the item $2.99. If you apply the coupon (making it $4.99 and then price match, well price matching brings the item to the price at Rexall still- $2.99. So technically your Target coupon has not been applied. Now if there was a Target coupon for $4 off and you wanted to do both, they'd see that their coupon makes it cheaper than Rexall's, so no price matching.

I had a meeting with managers at my local Target last week to discuss this, and have been in email contact with head office to get them to either change policy wording or change the policy. It's still in the works.
    pandagal likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Neeenerz View Post
    You can use Target coupons in other stores? What?!
    I think they mean PMing the price at Target, then using the manufacturer and Target coupons

Quote Originally Posted by zaidi View Post
    How can i find target coupon?
    This coupon was out in the stores last month, in a booklet with other coupons. There may still be some in the stores at the Customer Service desk or near the check-outs, but all I have seen in my store lately are the Coca-Cola coupons.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

You can use Target coupons at some Walmarts. ONLY SOME. However you cannot price match and then use a competitor's coupon, so you could only get this great deal if Walmart's price were $2.99. You could apply the Target coupon (technically a price override) bringing it to $1.99, and then a manufacturer coupon to bring it to .99.

I did this last Friday on the $5 clearance Tides.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianCouponCollector View Post
    This isn't price matching and using a Target coupon, though. If they apply the Target coupon and then price match, they're really still just giving you the item for the same prices as the other store- so it's only price matching. Their wording is a complicated way of saying you can either price match OR apply a Target coupon- they'll give you whichever is the lower price. So if you're doing both you're just giving away your coupon.

EXAMPLE: Let's go with the Tide scenario. Pretend that specific Tide is $5.99 at Target regular price. You bring the flyer and coupons to the cash. They look at the price and determine that when they subtract their coupon it comes to $4.99. But Price matching would make the item $2.99. If you apply the coupon (making it $4.99 and then price match, well price matching brings the item to the price at Rexall still- $2.99. So technically your Target coupon has not been applied. Now if there was a Target coupon for $4 off and you wanted to do both, they'd see that their coupon makes it cheaper than Rexall's, so no price matching.

I had a meeting with managers at my local Target last week to discuss this, and have been in email contact with head office to get them to either change policy wording or change the policy. It's still in the works.
    Oh I don't disagree with you at all At the same time, I can't blame them. They don't get the money back from their own coupons, obviously, as it's basically just a better 'sale' for lack of a better word. If they were to match a competitor's price and then take an additional $1 (or more) off, they could end up losing money. I don't see them changing this policy at all. Regardless, most cashiers won't stop you from PMing then using a Target coupon.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sun_shine View Post
    Oh I don't disagree with you at all At the same time, I can't blame them. They don't get the money back from their own coupons, obviously, as it's basically just a better 'sale' for lack of a better word. If they were to match a competitor's price and then take an additional $1 (or more) off, they could end up losing money. I don't see them changing this policy at all. Regardless, most cashiers won't stop you from PMing then using a Target coupon.
    The poroblem is then that the cashiers get in trouble, and if the policy gets taken advantage of, Target may decide to stop stacking altogether. I have been discussing this with head office because my local Target's biggest (and really, only) competitor here is WalMart who will happily take all Target coupons. I was told by managers to go ahead and go to Walmart then. That's not good business sense and I used that angle in my convos with HQ. Everyone has told me the more often I am heard, the more they'll consider my point. I'd rather they hear this instead of hearing their cashiers are being taken advantage of.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

... ^^ Sorry it's so hard to type because my computer keeps dropping so many random characters.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

That's tide zaidi...go to www.brandsaver.ca

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Yay cheap or free tide for me I have lots of both coupons. Walmart here also allows a competitor coupon on a price match.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Have some target tide coupons for trade as well as p n g if anyone has any Kraft dinner coupons for them.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by michigan803 View Post
    Yay cheap or free tide for me I have lots of both coupons. Walmart here also allows a competitor coupon on a price match.
    oooh like, like, like!! Remind me to update my blog.... lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information