User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Energy drinks, caffeine & soda/pop not good for kids : (

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Its funny. My daughter who's 2 loooves coffee. I don't let her drink it but she is always trying to steal mine when I'm not looking lol we were at Tims yesterday and I asked her what she wanted and she said "coffee" come on! Lol she is barely speaking in full sentences and she is asking for coffee. Silly girl
    <3 her

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by struatmarkes234 View Post
    I don't think so that all that type of drinks are bad, yeah, but not drink regularly because that will be harmful but sometime it's not that bad for kids.

classes and parties in north vancouver
    it's about the child's growth
    their body and their brain is not ready for these drugs -- coffee and energy drinks
    some development does not stop until age 25

it's not about what you and I think, it is what researchers and doctors say, abut what is good and what is bad for children

healthy children = well developed young adult
    walkonby and rimma like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    ^ definitely, part of being a kid is getting those yummy treats once in a while
    everyone has his own definition of "once in a while": it might be once in a couple of days or once a month...
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rimma View Post
    everyone has his own definition of "once in a while": it might be once in a couple of days or once a month...
    Personally for my kids a few sips of pop might be OK once every month or two and even that is too much IMO. With us it is water at home and water when out. People look at me like I am evil when I tell them I do not give my kids juice or pop

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Candini likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    Personally for my kids a few sips of pop might be OK once every month or two and even that is too much IMO. With us it is water at home and water when out. People look at me like I am evil when I tell them I do not give my kids juice or pop

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    anisa I see not much has changed from when I had my 3 kids. I was also considered a big ole meanie for not letting soft drinks be the kids beverage. Eventually when Type 2 diabetes rates increase even more than they have already, maybe then a connection will be made between the two.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

New research says
    The FDA says 400 milligrams a day, about four or five cups of coffee, is generally not considered dangerous for adults. The American Academy of Pediatrics discourages caffeine consumption among young kids and adolescents.
    http://time.com/2878504/boys-and-gir...Top+Stories%29
    Candini likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would have been thrown off too.. coffee not meant for kids either way, but once in awhile an ice cap is ok just a small size. I would stay away from giving your kids lattes, it is so much worst.. Like I have a keurig, so we been testing out the iced beverages, my girls love it I blend the ice, so gives it more of a feel of a iced cap. So far the winner for them http://www.keurig.ca/coffee/raspberr...-k-cup-snapple Snapple raspberry is their favourite.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information