User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: I am so over Walmart!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So yesterday morning I called my local store to find out how many of a certain tire they had in stock. The website said limited stock at my store so I wanted to make sure they had some before making the trip. The guy in automotive picked up the phone, I told him what I was looking for. He quickly put me on hold. Fifteen minutes later, the phone gets forwarded back to the main line. The lady once again forwards me to automotive. He picks up the phone. I tell him I am still waiting on the tires. He said okay, what tires are you looking for?! I tell him again and then back on hold. Fifteen minutes later, the phone forwards back up to the main desk. She sends my back down again. This time I am still on hold down there. Fifteen minutes later same thing. This time he picks up the phone and forwards me to the toy department. She sends me back. He picks up the phone and I tell him I am still waiting on the tires. HE said we don't have the tires. I said which ones? He told me a size I did not ask for! Then he tried to say i did. Grrrr! So once again I tell him the size. I ask him why I have been waiting so long. He says "no idea dear". He says okay, hang on - then the call ended. I know they get busy but oh my goodness it was awful- and he was sarcastic. From here on out I would rather pay a little more elsewhere and get decent customer service.
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

maybe a call to head office about this whole experience
    aussie, niro_anan, harbie and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yeah, I think I will. The waiting was not as big of a deal to me as the attitude.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

How awful! It's more than frustrating to receive that kind of Customer Service. I'm sure head office wouldn't be too pleased to hear that customers are being treated that way.
    TooCouponCrazy likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

If the store is understaffed, it's the store manager or managerial team that needs to explain. Sometimes, I think that the ability to find things on a website does not mean stock is in stores, it means you "may" find it in stores. The phone call waiting times-unreal.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    maybe a call to head office about this whole experience
    Their Head Office is equally worse ..you get the run around .

You have to make 4-5 phone calls & send 4-5 emails , before they actually do something .

They will end up giving you a $ 25 GC but won't actually fix the problem or train the managers or employess..their rude & arrogant behaviour will continue.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCouponCrazy View Post
    So yesterday morning I called my local store to find out how many of a certain tire they had in stock. The website said limited stock at my store so I wanted to make sure they had some before making the trip. The guy in automotive picked up the phone, I told him what I was looking for. He quickly put me on hold. Fifteen minutes later, the phone gets forwarded back to the main line. The lady once again forwards me to automotive. He picks up the phone. I tell him I am still waiting on the tires. He said okay, what tires are you looking for?! I tell him again and then back on hold. Fifteen minutes later, the phone forwards back up to the main desk. She sends my back down again. This time I am still on hold down there. Fifteen minutes later same thing. This time he picks up the phone and forwards me to the toy department. She sends me back. He picks up the phone and I tell him I am still waiting on the tires. HE said we don't have the tires. I said which ones? He told me a size I did not ask for! Then he tried to say i did. Grrrr! So once again I tell him the size. I ask him why I have been waiting so long. He says "no idea dear". He says okay, hang on - then the call ended. I know they get busy but oh my goodness it was awful- and he was sarcastic. From here on out I would rather pay a little more elsewhere and get decent customer service.
    Yeah its better to buy tires directly from the MFR ..often cheaper with dealer rebates etc , and then just ask a local trusted mechanic to install & balance them for you

WM has lot of old tires just lying around , even though they are unused & new ..they have just been sitting on the shelves for ages ..and their appointments , bookings , service etc are horrible.

The mechanics don't get paid well & are overworked & understaffed & don't really care about the customer's . They are just pressurised to hit numbers & figures.

Wal Mart employees IGNORE people who are physically in the store & don't care about them , so them helping you on the phone is out of question..they will hang up , put you on hold , lie to you that they don't have something in stock ( less work for them to tell you that ), call will just be transferred all over the place.

Right from the garden centre to the toy department , expect your call to go everywhere except the dept. you want ..extremely understaffed at cash , return exchange & on the floor to save money.

I went into the electronics dept. ..there is 1 person working ! ..and 15-20 customer's asking questions & phones ringing etc ..people just walking out as no one wants to help them or get things out of the locked cabinets or check stock etc.

They won't check the system or check the warehouse for stock ..the standard line is , if its not on the shelf we don't have it , its a lie as they actually have it in the back but just too lazy to check it ..they don't work on commission , so don't really care if you buy or not

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i got the same poor level of customer service over the phone at Loblaws before....i know how it makes people so angry, I was firing with angers too, and even worst when the store manager don't even bother calling you back on it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yeah, the level of customer service is terrible. Thanks for all the advice. I will certainly be buying my tires elsewhere.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

My sister called in store to the audio department and asked if they had a cd in stock.... I told her dont bother they lie EVEN though they are the least busiest department. To further back up my claim.. Ive seen employees pick up phone , talk for a minute or so asking what it is , put the phone back on the desk (not hanging up) and then pick up again in the next few minutes to say . No we dont have it.. BIGGEST SADDEST STORY I'VE HEARD OF. Don't bother... either go in store or on your way out somewhere stop by.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know they need to train their people more
    GET $5 OFF Herbal and Nutritional Items Coupon Code: XIF785 http://www.iherb.com Low shipping charges to Canada Save about 30-40% Off retail prices. 14,000+Brand-Name Herbal & Nutritional Items Pay No TAX on items!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Freestuffrighthere View Post
    I know they need to train their people more
    And pay them more ..LOL
    kmiecp and TooCouponCrazy like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Trust me don't even bother with head office they will give you a run around confuse you more then when you called and ultimately say Im sorry but its up to the individual store (for coupon purposes)

I wanted to add a little rant here too. So this week I had to go to walmat 3 days in a row to FINALLY get my free toothpaste and tooth brushes. I used to work there I normally have no issue well 2 days in a row I had a crabby csm ring me through and wouldn't pm because she was going by the photo not the wording in the add. It was EXTREAMLY irritating. AndI have to spend $5 in bus fair each time
    Ciel and TooCouponCrazy like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hate WM. Horrible customer services. The lower prices don't make it worth all the trouble of shopping there.
    GoJays likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    And pay them more ..LOL
    no LOL needed! This is true! Employees don't care about the company or keeping customers happy because they are treated like crap by their employer! Walmart is notorious for union-busting too (yes, even in Canada) -respsect between employer/employee/customer is a three way street, and they have yet to learn that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information