• 1 Post By canadascouponeer
  • 1 Post By uanoor
  • 1 Post By vaughngal
  • 1 Post By canadascouponeer
  • 2 Post By bmc

Thread: Which SDM in Toronto carry the Nexus 7 2013

Trading Score
    53 (100%)

Hey all, I know this is a long shot but I figured I may as well ask. Does anyone know any SDM locations in Toronto that currently have stock of the 2013 Nexus 7? I want to use my points to get one this weekend, but have not been able to find any stock. If anyone knows, please pm me and I would really appreciate it.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Where do you live? You'll have better luck going to the bigger locations up north that have bigger electronics sections. I'm thinking Markham/Richmond Hill/around there
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I don't know about other locations, but I called almost every other week at 7,8 locations near me in Markham and none of them has that, Don't know why they give in flyer and than doesn't send to stores. Call to your neighboring SDMs to try your luck.
    torontogal12 likes this.
    Need a cheap but still reliable phone plan. Try Public Mobile. Plans starting from $15 ($13 with auto payment).
    Use code R8NLM8 or link when activate with Public Mobile and we both will get $10 bonus.
    Win some extra cash or gift cards. Try Swagbucks... ww.swagbucks.com/refer/uanoor

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    71 (100%)

is this a tablet or phone? just curious as there are soo many gadgets? lol there that sometimes i have no clue which is which. sorry
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    53 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vaughngal View Post
    is this a tablet or phone? just curious as there are soo many gadgets? lol there that sometimes i have no clue which is which. sorry
    It's is a tablet

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    71 (100%)

thnk you lol. how does this compare to ipad, Samsung and other tablets out there? i now have 95,000 pts that i wanna buy something and be done with sdm. or even to trade.
    Quote Originally Posted by canadascouponeer View Post
    It's is a tablet

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vaughngal View Post
    thnk you lol. how does this compare to ipad, Samsung and other tablets out there? i now have 95,000 pts that i wanna buy something and be done with sdm. or even to trade.
    The Nexus 7 is considered to be one of the BEST android tablets - most likely the best in its price range.
    It is cheaper than the iPad (I believe iPad is still considered the best possible tablet you can buy) - but it has great quality.

I got my Nexus 7 at SDM (it's an older version now, as I got it December 2012) and I LOVE it! I would highly recommend it to anyone. The newer version has a smaller storage size (16GB compared to my 32GB) with no option for microSD, but has the rear facing camera, which my version doesn't.
    In the year that I've had it, it hasn't had any issues beyond needing a restart once or twice (I leave mine on constantly - good battery life and quick charging). I don't leave apps running - once I'm done with I close it, but it can handle multiple apps open in the background at once.

The best thing - I bought an RCA Android media center for my new HD TV - I'm able to stream HD movies from my tablet right to my TV (using an app).

Here's a review - the pricing seems to be American, as I know it's more in Canada, so just ignore that part. (Whoops, forgot to put the link in)
    http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/29/nexus-7-review-2013/
    Last edited by luckbealady; Fri, Mar 7th, 2014 at 07:29 PM. Reason: forgot the link

bmc
    Female
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Found one at the Port Credit Shoppers this is the 32gb model not new model 2013 they have one more in Stock.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What is the Acer tablet like? Anyone have one? It's a bigger screen and I don't think I will be able to find a nexus either

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Ajax stores usually have them, even on redeeming weekends. Try Salem & Taunton or Westney & Williamson. There's buses from the GO train that run right by them.
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bmc View Post
    Found one at the Port Credit Shoppers this is the 32gb model not new model 2013 they have one more in Stock.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    That's what I have- love it.
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mazey View Post
    What is the Acer tablet like? Anyone have one? It's a bigger screen and I don't think I will be able to find a nexus either
    I bought my dad the Acer 7" for Christmas - it's no comparison to the Nexus. It's okay for him, because he just uses it to surf the web and use basic apps like weather and news - he's not interested in games.
    Personally, I found the screen rotation incredibly slow - if it works at all (like when you move the tablet on it's side for landscape view, or upright for portrait view).
    It also isn't able to update to the newest version of Android - I believe it's at Jelly Bean 4.1, and my Nexus is at KitKat 4.4.2 - and there are no suggestions that it will get the newer updates.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    71 (100%)

thank you for the infor.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I don't know for sure, but I would try the SDM on the corner of King and Yonge (they have a small electronic section - I've seen cameras there and I've never seen a SDM with a camera display).

Thread Information